Preview Changes and Preview v West Coast - PRELIM EDITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fritsch may be dropped for Smith. Not sure about that change for team balance...

I mean Fritsch didn't handle the pressure well last week and we do need the marking power but i would have moved Fritsch up the ground and Tyson out.

Fritsch being dropped ahead of Tyson would be a ridiculous, surely not!

Especially considering it would be for Joel Smith who has cost us goals every time he’s played.

No way he should be coming back for a final.

I can't see Goodwin making that big and risky a move for a game like this. I mean he's made some baffling (to me) selections over the course of his time in charge, but this would be change for change's sake.

Personally I think Fritsch does the job that they are saying Smith would come in to do better than him anyway, with the added bonus that Fritsch can kick.

I think Smith is still way too green to be playing in a final, let alone a prelim in Perth.

Unless there is an injury, you'd be mad to make a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devastating for Fritta, IMO the bloke is clearly in our best 22 given how good a marking target he is and the fact he can play anywhere we need him. Big acid test for the coach, have been hoping he'd hold his nerve and not overthink it by making changes to try and stop the Weagles. Proof will be in the pudding, lets hope Smith has a breakout game.

yeah I think we may be worried about the 2 tall fwds and 2 ruckman stretching our defence. so if Smith comes in I think i'd prefer we drop Tyson and move Fritsch up the ground more with the option of dropping him back in defence still if needed. we may also be thinking it would be good if Gawn could push forward more and disrupt the Eagles defence rather than him mostly dropping back to help out in our defence like he has the lately.
its a tough call but personally I would just leave the team as it is and play Hibbo on Darling, Oscar on Kennedy, leaving Frost to match up on Vardy or Lycett when he's resting down there down there, drop off them and help out when he can, and expose them with his pace when he gets the ball in hand. pressure up the ground on their mids will be more important, so they cant easily hit these fwd guys lace out on the tit.

Watched Smith at training yesterday - there was a drill where a player on the wing had to hit a 25 m pass to an uncontested player in the middle of the ground. Saw him completely miss the target four out of five times with no pressure whatsoever.

We don’t have the luxury of dropping good ball users for bad ones. Should be Tyson before Fritsch, without question.

Besides, if we’re bringing Smith in, it frees up Bayley to play on the wing.

If you’re talking important attributes for a wing/link player - Fritsch is quicker and is a better mark, kick and decision maker than Tyson.

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I saw someone start this rumour on a Facebook page this morning because Baileys parents are no longer attending and are trying to sell their flights and tickets. It was assumed on that info he was being dropped but has grown legs obviously

Don’t be such a negative campaigner this team has given us every reason to believe in it for the past month. Not saying we win but it’s a 50/50 game

Look as always I'd like to be proven wrong. However if this was in say Rounds 1-6 I'd be all for it. But this is for the spot at the GF. The stake have never been higher. It already feels like the game is on a knifes-edge and to make any changes that could prove costly/negatively at this stage would tip the game to the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back