Preview Changes and Preview vs. Port

Remove this Banner Ad

No one had any issues with Vineys form against Adelaide. Besides he has been in reasonable form the last two weeks. I’d back him in to find his top level form at afl level rather than running around with vfl plodders.

Viney has only been back 3 games, and Adelaide he was pretty good., wouldnt be calling him to get dropped before some of the others

Jetta McDonald Hibberd

Lewis T Smith J Smith

Salem Vince Brayshaw

Viney Hogan Petracca

Garlett McDonald Fritsch

Gawn Oliver Jones

Tyson Harmes Melksham ANB

Jetta McDonald Hibberd

Lewis T Smith J Smith

Salem Vince Brayshaw

Viney Hogan Petracca

Garlett McDonald Fritsch

Gawn Oliver Jones

Tyson Harmes Melksham ANB
T Smith ever played down back? port have got 3 basically 200cm forwards Smith is only 192cm. Reckon be perfect game for Petty to come in and play on Marshall

T Smith ever played down back? port have got 3 basically 200cm forwards Smith is only 192cm. Reckon be perfect game for Petty to come in and play on Marshall

If we lose the clearance battle again Omac will get spanked by Dixon. Could see this get very ugly if we can't sort out our midfield problems

If we lose the clearance battle again Omac will get spanked by Dixon. Could see this get very ugly if we can't sort out our midfield problems
Agree we need to win in the middle but also make sure our zone is back abit more so their smalls dont get out the back. Vince and Lewis are gonna get done over reckon only 1 can play on/near boak or rocky when forward reckon their forward line will give us the most drama of any team with the 3 bigs and wingard the 2 grays and motlop. our defense is undersized but also has no pace.

We need to start phasing Vince out and this would be a good game to start. We really can't afford to go in with a defense that is small and slow.

As Topkent said we absolutely have to win the midfield battle (or at least break even). We'll also probably need one/all of Smith/Harmes/Fritsch floating across and intercepting if we can't go 1 on 1 defensively.

I'd definitely have Frost in for this one. Need someone who can follow a forward, because Dixon and Hoff both run all day. Smith would be unlucky to come out, but I think we need three talls for this one and its pretty clear that he's not going to be a KPD.

Out: Smith, Pedersen, Vince, Spargo
In: Frost, Petty, Tyson, Garlett

Jetta Omac Hibberd
J.smith Petty Lewis
Jones Viney Fritsch
Petracca Hogan Melksham
Spargo Tmac Hannan
Gawn Oliver Brayshaw

Salem ANB Harmes Baker

I think this is the sort of team/structure we should go with from now on.
not too small in defence with Vince going out and Petty coming in. we haven't got the foot speed down back, so we need to try to intercept mark or the game plan seems to fall apart if we cant. I don't think the floating spare defender works too well for us either when we role with it. we should just back our back 6 to beat their man 1 on 1 and to role off their opponent when needed. like Lever did.
i dont think we lose anything choosing J.smith over Vince on a flank. i'd be very surprised if Vince could beat Smith in a foot race or a marking contest to be honest.
but we also need pressure up the ground for this to work. so i think we need to be smaller and faster mid/fwd so we should add a bit more pace with Baker coming in and Pederson going out. I think we only need T.Mac and Hogan as the tall forward options.
T.mac can chop out in the ruck for 5 minutes if needed, then i think we can play Petracca or Melksham, good one on one players, out of FF to give us a different look at times, or even Gawn resting forward.
I guess this is the long way of saying add an extra tall defender and drop a tall forward haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Jack Watts Cup looking unlikely this Friday night. Hopefully some of you can get over for what should be a ripper game.
Heard from SEN's SA correspondent that Watts was best on in the 2's on the weekend but after watching Port on Thurs night, the obvious replacement in Marshall shows plenty and would be stiff to go out of the side after only 1 week back in and Lindsay Thomas played pretty well too.
Should be a good game but I think you blokes get over the line at home

Heard from SEN's SA correspondent that Watts was best on in the 2's on the weekend but after watching Port on Thurs night, the obvious replacement in Marshall shows plenty and would be stiff to go out of the side after only 1 week back in and Lindsay Thomas played pretty well too.

Can't see any changes. I watched a bit of the two's and he was good, but Ken alluded on Talking Footy changes will be unlikely.

He was very good at the level. I can see why he was loved at Melb but also why he frustrated so many too. Nevertheless, I dont think he will come in.

I'm looking forward to a big one from the whoohoo guy
Was going to say, hope he gets picked up on 7's mics. It's almost tradition at this point.

His legend will live on, like that guy that sung horses during the intermission of our Best and Fairest

I'm predicting two or three changes. Tyson, Petty and Garlett the possible ins.

Pedo, Spargo and Hannan the possible outs. I think Hannan will (and deserves) to survive if only for scoreboard impact. Spargo has been good but went missing for most of the game against the Pies. Let's swap him for Garlett so Jeffy can go missing instead. Pedo is unfortunately cooked and we need to win the midfield contest so Tyson seems likely.

With Nicholls umpiring that's an 'in' for you guys! He sure hates us.
Will be interesting, because i'm almost certain he hates us too.

Hopefully you can play off that home crowd advantage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back