Changes and tactics vs St. Kilda - Stretch, OMac Out - Jetta, Lewis In

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a tendency to drop off(i.e get complacent/cocky) after we bust a hoodoo.

e.g. Last year we beat the Roos for the first time since the Dark ages and then we stunk it up against the Hawks the following week.

I have a fear that our boys will go into this match rather sluggish/ big headed.

Just a random observation, but you've still got Hogan as your background on here :/
No we don’t mate. People think that’s the obvious fix. It isn’t. Hogan contributed nothing when the heat was on and all our significant wins last year were without him.

All I’ve heard is ‘you really need Hogan’. The forward line right now is the less concerning point; our midfield are playing like a bottom 4 midfield and our defence is shot. Hogan wouldn’t make a shred of difference.

No we don’t mate. People think that’s the obvious fix. It isn’t. Hogan contributed nothing when the heat was on and all our significant wins last year were without him.

All I’ve heard is ‘you really need Hogan’. The forward line right now is the less concerning point; our midfield are playing like a bottom 4 midfield and our defence is shot. Hogan wouldn’t make a shred of difference.
He meant on our boards background art.

This boards gone downhill tho

The MS paint thread, the preview thread etc all gone now.
This board was better when we were s**t.

POTY. Absolutely POTY. Shut down this entire ******* board. It won’t ever get better than this, I guarantee it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we're still s**t??
I meant when we were anchored to the bottom of the ladder no hope in the next ten years s**t. That's the level we need to be if this board is to recover.

Wait, we’ve got to be 2012 s**t for our board to be back to it’s good old self?

That was really when this board was at its peak. This board was doing Simpsons memes before that facebook page. They stole that s**t from us, damn it!

Just a random observation, but you've still got Hogan as your background on here :/
No it’s cool. It’s Clayton Oliver wearing a convincing disguise. There is no end to that guy’s talents.

Hahah safe to say I was extremely confused by this comment :straining::straining:

Maybe the North guy wouldn't have been confused if the spellcheck worked and included the missing second t ie "potty". Either way 2019 has been a s**t year so far. The Dees continually find new ways to torment us long suffering supporters. Hopefully we have turned the corner, but I have trust issues with Melb they have let us down countless times before we need a line in the sand moment.

What exactly have you changed? St Kilda have for the last 3-4 years always employed a very fast outside game with use of open space to advantage their mobile forwards. It’s a little wonder McCartin hasn’t come on because he just doesn’t suit what you’re about.
We have done a complete 180 from last year to this year in a number of ways.
The most obvious being last year we played on and ran trying to move the ball quickly at all times. I think we were first in the league for playing on.
So far this year if we aren't last for that stat we are close. Much slower ball movement. Less playing on.
We seriously lack leg speed and also the skills to pull off the fact paced game style we were focused on last year. This new slower style is resulting in less clangers and avoidable turn overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back