Fixture Changes Bulldogs v Bomberos

Remove this Banner Ad

geoffjennings79

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes, going early - I'm on a roll here with 2 successive new threads, and on pain relief from minor surgery, so let's get the ball rolling!

JOD an obvious out, Darcy likely as well.
One would suspect Rory the Lobb-meister is the obvious Darcy swap.

Today's VFL may indicate who the JOD alternatives are. Tullamarine Tinklers likely to have Wright, Weideman, Langford forward, plus Stringer as a bigger body. So Cleary, Busslinger and Bruce in the frame. Long-shot Khamis, as it would be no surprise for a bloke who's played forward all year to be promoted and play in defence!

Edit: I'd have McNeil and probably Duryea (Sorry Doc) in the gun too, if Baz is available Baker, Jones (McComb!) the other options, assuming Cleary would replace Duryea.

So far a few putting their hands up at VFL level. I'd be suprised if Darcy doesn't get up for next week only had a corky and has a decent break between games.

Lobb for Darcy (assuming he misses)
Baz for McNeil
How tall can Cleary play? Otherwise will probably be Bruce for JOD
How far off is JJ? In for VDM if ready to go

Lobb or Sweet for Darcy (prefer Lobb but need one of them)
Cleary for Durea (yes Again)
Buss for O'Donnell
Gallagher for McNeil
Baker for Scott

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These changes are putting a line through making the 8 and looking towards 2023 and beyond.

JOD (inj) - Buss in

Darcy (out) - Sweet in
(Season done for Darcy get him to have 6 meals a day until preseason)

McNeil (out) - B Smith in

Duryea (out) - Buku in

Scott (out) - Garcia in

These changes are putting a line through making the 8 and looking towards 2023 and beyond.

JOD (inj) - Buss in

Darcy (out) - Sweet in

Duryea (out) - Buku in

Scott (out) - Garcia in
If you’re dropping Duryea you’re doing it for Cleary who’s been playing and very well down back not for Buku who’s been a forward all year

If you’re dropping Duryea you’re doing it for Cleary who’s been playing and very well down back not for Buku who’s been a forward all year

Yes agree

Duryea out Cleary in

5 or 6 changes this week. Time to see what some of the younger guys have now they're pressing their case.
Darcy plays if fit otherwise Buku gets a game.
JJ in if fit otherwise Baker.
Treloar can have a couple weeks off and a couple weeks at vfl level to get some touch and burst back and becomes a break glass type.
Lobb can spend a few more weeks sorting out his forward craft.

Out: O'Donnell (inj), Doc, Treloar, VDM, Mcniel.
In: Buss, Cleary, B.Smith, JJ, Gallagher.

FB. Buss Gardner Cleary
HB. Dale Keath Richards
C. Poulter B.Smith Williams
HF. Bont Naughton Daniel
FF. Scott Marra Flea
R. English Libba Macrea
INT. West Gallagher JJ/Baker Darcy/Buku
SUB. Garcia

JOD (inj) - Buss in

Darcy (out) - Sweet in

Duryea (out) - Buku in

Scott (out) - Garcia in

On VFL form reported by watchers, could possibly add (if you're looking to the future):
Treloar (out) - Gallagher in!

Also I think Scott still has value as he can play various roles - unlike McNeil and possibly Garcia.

Just seeing the surname Scott in the next coaches box will give Bevo nightmares.

Baker to replace McNeil I see as the only certainty as this stage.
Who replaces JOD will be interesting. I’d only keep Darcy in if he’s fit to play and it’s to replace JOD only.

Just seeing the surname Scott in the next coaches box will give Bevo nightmares.

Baker to replace McNeil I see as the only certainty as this stage.
Who replaces JOD will be interesting. I’d only keep Darcy in if he’s fit to play and it’s to replace JOD only.
Can't keep throwing kids around the ground. Darcy has dominated as a forward/Ruck at VFL and looked lost in defence. I hope no other young bulldog gets his development crushed from constant changing of position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back