Fixture Changes Bulldogs v Bomberos

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s averaging 9.9 kicks a game and 4.2 contested yet 2.8 turnovers if you think that’s good then you be happy with that
He takes the game on with his disposal unlike many in the team, 2.8 turnovers is fine. Poulters a short and safe option only, yet turns it over just as much and Baker is purely spray & pray.

They’re not even comparable by foot tbh throw out any stats you like

He takes the game on with his disposal unlike many in the team, 2.8 turnovers is fine. Poulters a short and safe option only, yet turns it over just as much and Baker is purely spray & pray.

They’re not even comparable by foot tbh throw out any stats you like
Poulter averages less disposals yet more M gained how’s he taking the short one?

Th
And that is why we play Bruce back and Buku forward/ruck

Confusion reigns - Messy in the coaches heads, messy on paper and messy on the field
is is what he does.

He constantly changes the line up and structures brings players in and out and looks for gimmicks or quirks thinking they are going to win us the flag.

How about developing a structure and making 1 or 2 at the most changes each week?

No wonder the players seem confused.

I agree I just used it because Foxman tried to tell me a few weeks back that McComb and Hannan were better kicks than West because of the KE% stat 😂

Sometimes the eye test tells the story better than the stats actually most times

Tell me what you want to achieve and I will find the stat for you.

Dale had a bad turnover last week with minutes to go that’s a stat but the eye tells you there was no plan what to do in a close game with the ball, there was no plan how to move the ball from a kick in.

Poulter averages less disposals yet more M gained how’s he taking the short one?
Honestly just watch a game, including VFL - throwing out stats which are line ball to make your argument. They’re just stats.

Williams is clearly a better long kick than Poulter, and is much more damaging with his disposal - if you can’t see that actually watching a game I can’t help ya. This is going nowhere 😂 Agree to disagree

The fact that Cleary can’t get a game over Dureya is shocking. This team selection is actually so s**t. What’s the point of putting Garcia in for one week and then immediately dropping him for 10 games. I’m not his biggest fan but that’s literally the worst way to develop a players confidence. He’s done the same with West so often, glad to see Rhylee hold his spot over McComb and Co.

Disappointing to not see Buss or Gallagher - These are the sort of risks you need when the team is looking uninspired. Really not happy with this. Feel like we’re going to leave Buku out to dry in that no man’s lane position.

Deplorable that without Darcy in that Lobb still isn’t picked. He’s not the best but feel like he’s been really harshly rated by the fans. He does a job and provides a decent ruck while Tim rests.

I still think we win but my confidence in Bevo is at an all time low

Honestly just watch a game, including VFL - throwing out stats which are line ball to make your argument. They’re just stats.

Williams is clearly a better long kick than Poulter, and is much more damaging with his disposal - if you can’t see that actually watching a game I can’t help ya. This is going nowhere 😂 Agree to disagree
I do watch games doggies and actually understand what happens in them Williams of old yes was a fantastic kick he hasn’t been for a long time now sadly and has been dropped for a reason

Buku set up to fail here with Naughts and Marra won’t get anywhere near the targets he gets in the VFL and will get mauled in the ruck
It’s a good reward for VFL form and he’s got the same chance to find space and provide a lead as the other two. Rucking isn’t reasonable though I agree. Looking forward to seeing him play and really rooting for him this game.

How does Duryea hold his spot?
And Williams out ? Even sub is a joke.
Glad for Baku but if they back him to ruck over Lobb.Then he has to perform.
Personally l would let him play half forward flank.And Bruce be the forward ruck.But then we are short a defender.
So Keath, Bruce and Dureya to represent the veterans in the backline. .Does not fill me with a lot of confidence.
Even though Jones and JJ aren't any younger .They still play at the level.
Anyway if we win the selections were correct..And who are we to question!

Our talls in the backline would look ok for Footscray in the VFL where they have all played this season after being omitted. Our named wingmen were both picked up after being delisted by their previous clubs. Hardly one of the best list in the comp but does say a bit about our selection. Like always unless our A graders have a really good night we are in big trouble.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arty Jones been hard done by this season as well. We need some pace and someone with a bit of unexpectedness if that makes sense. I get he’s not the most polished but surely adds some much needed hunger and desire

Surely the team sheet is Bevo’s usual ducks and drakes and Bruce plays Lobb’s role forward and Buku third tall defender. Surely, can we please have some common sense for once this year? 🤦

Poulter is a decent overhead mark, which we seem to prioritise on our wings (hence why we've moved Williams there) - although in fairness, he's not done a lot of that recently, seems to get most of his possessions in open play rather than kick-to-kick. Huge kick though, and decent shot at goal in general play. He's a type who should theoretically help when transitioning the ball from defence along the wings. I thought he did well for a bottom 6 player last week

If your going to advance the ball by kicking to contests down the wings then youre going to need good marks.

Honestly don’t hate that team. Reckon that team with Williams in for Duryea, Bruce forward/ruck and Khamis third tall defender is just about the best team we can put on the park at the moment.

Would be nice to find room for Garcia though.
Just what I was thinking. Williams as the sub may be insurance against Bruce and/or Khamis going down. If we get on top, I'd love to see Bruce down forward. The absence of Lobb would allow him to slot in deep with Naughton while Ugle-Hagen plays as High-CHF.

Buku set up to fail here with Naughts and Marra won’t get anywhere near the targets he gets in the VFL and will get mauled in the ruck

All the fringe guys get set up to fail.

Inside mids are selected as small forwards and dropped when they don’t perform to AFL level in a position they’re not suited for. Defenders are played forward and vice versa. Guys who can’t play ruck are asked to play ruck.

Because it’s worked a few times with better players (Moyd to half back, Naughton forward, Dale and Richards to the backline) it’s like he can’t help himself. But it’s madness to keep playing fringe guys out of position - not only does it not give you enough evidence as to whether or not they can actually make it, it can’t be good for how they feel about their future at the club.

The only silver lining to this is that it might add to the evidence that there needs to be a coaching refresh and a footy department shake up.

Just what I was thinking. Williams as the sub may be insurance against Bruce and/or Khamis going down. If we get on top, I'd love to see Bruce down forward. The absence of Lobb would allow him to slot in deep with Naughton while Ugle-Hagen plays as High-CHF.
Hopefully no injuries and we can sub out a tall forward have Bruce be a bear in the square for a quarter and have Williams add some energy to the back line.

And Williams out ? Even sub is a joke.
Glad for Baku but if they back him to ruck over Lobb.Then he has to perform.
Personally l would let him play half forward flank.And Bruce be the forward ruck.But then we are short a defender.
So Keath, Bruce and Dureya to represent the veterans in the backline. .Does not fill me with a lot of confidence.
Even though Jones and JJ aren't any younger .They still play at the level.
Anyway if we win the selections were correct..And who are we to question!

Do you mis-spell his name all the time deliberately?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back