Preview Changes Bulldogs V Bombers Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Suckling will be playing forward (did well a few games last season) I think.

I don’t mind the changes with the exception of Toby McLean. I like what he brings and he is also another who can go through the midfield. I think he gives more effort than Richards. Some changes had to be made because last week was terrible. Good to see Crozier back in the backline. God we missed that guy.

I’m not sure I would have brought Suckling back. He hasn’t been great this year and if I see him try another one of those crappy short kicks I’ll spew. Just do the simple things well and don’t try to do any stupid kicks.

Looking forward to seeing Cody Weightman debut.

Vandermeer knows his way around the goals so him on the HFF makes sense. Don't think anyone expected that, except the couple of people who listed him in their Pieman.
I sent a message to Bevo during the week and explained that he's responsible for rooting the Pieman comp for 2020.
Expect them to line up differently. Laitham will swap with Daniel so that he's as far away from goals as possible.

I don't mind McLean but not surprised he's dropped. Only got in as a tagger and Bevo doesn't really want to tag so it makes sense.

Can I claim some fame for predicting McLean out?
Yes absolutely. Bev scoured the thread, looking for players to drop that would really piss us right off, so thank you for your actions leading to McLean inevitably being traded. Yes, Pick 37, awesome!

Also who would you tag? Their tag-worthy mids except Merrett are out. This is a midfield battle we should be winning to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also thinking we will see the short lived move of Daniel to hff.
Sucklings long boot out of defence will be useful in the slippery QLD conditions

IN: Cody Weightman (debut), Matt Suckling, Hayden Crozier, Lachie Young
OUT: Josh Schache, Rhylee West, Toby McLean, Louis Butler
WTF....our Fwds and backs were just settling, 1 crap game last week and we are going to throw the toy's out of the cot.
Rhylee and McLean were really starting to show something, if anyone had to go out of the FWD line it should have been Schache and Dale as they provide limited FWD pressure. How is Ed in over Rhylee??

Then to replace them with Weightman and Cordy, this is getting ridiculous.
Let's reduce the continuity the doggies have built and make the FWD line even more inexperienced.
Cordy was going so well down back with Keath, why would you also break that tandem up???

I'm almost sorry I got tickets to the game.

Cordy taking Schaches role doesn’t surprise. We’ve brought in too many defenders.
Not a fan of Cordy up fwd but less of a fan of playing 8-9 defenders.

Happy Lachie Young’s getting a game. Impressive youngster.
Cordy was playing some of his best games with Keath, why would you want to screw with that??
I'm actually stunned by this.

Hmm, gonna be an interesting team balance with 3 defenders in. Toby McLean exceptionally stiff.
And Rhylee!!!!
How is Richards and Weightman in over Rhylee, especially Rhylee's previous 3 weeks before Carlton? Provided so much pressure up Fwd.
Neither of them is even emergencies, Gowers is. That's when you lost me.

I was excited to go watch them live with a Bombers mate, now I think I may be looking at a train wreck.
I will be the first to admit it if i'm wrong, but seriously that team line up looks wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back