Preview Changes Bulldogs V Bombers Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

We are always said to be young under Bevo it is warring a bit thin as an excuse we are becoming the Dorian Gray of the AFL.

Dorian Gray it tells the story of the title character, an attractive Englishman whose image is captured in an enchanted painting that keeps him from aging. His portrait becomes tainted with every sin he commits, while he remains young and handsome.
The girls in high school gave me the nickname " Dorian". Just saying.

I am a firm believer that games are won in the midfield. With the Don's having Heppel and Shiels out if wedrop this one it's major rebuild time. No excuses about being young, it's a disjointed season etc.

With Crozier back for Butler and no standout talls for the bombers I think we have their forwards covered.

We should be winning the midfield with their outs.

Our forward line is the problem not sure what we do without Naughton.

Schache must be dropped and it is becoming clear Bruce is only going to consistently perform if he gets the opposition second/third best backman. He will have the odd game like the North game if he gets silver service delivery.

For this week the options are Lewis Young or bring in Sweet/Trengove and play English forward 60 to 70%. Neither ideal but cannot see any other option. Also would bring in Dickson and drop Richards or West.

If our game style stands up in the conditions we should be winning this one but not expecting 21 goals in a row like last season.

Last edited:
English could be as clean as Ben King as a forward. Has the same reach and is a one grab mark. Would love to sit him there for a few weeks and find out but we def need him in the middle. If the season goes to s**t then it’d be a fun experiment.

English could be as clean as Ben King as a forward. Has the same reach and is a one grab mark. Would love to sit him there for a few weeks and find out but we def need him in the middle. If the season goes to sh*t then it’d be a fun experiment.
Trengove in for Schache allows it to happen and also improves flexibility.

With Crozier back for Butler and no standout talls for the bombers I think we have their forwards covered.

We should be winning the midfield with their outs.

Our forward line is the problem not sure what we do without Naughton.

Schache must be dropped and it is becoming clear Bruce is only going to consistently perform if he gets the opposition second/third best backman. He will have the odd game like the North game if he gets silver service delivery.

For this week the options are Lewis Young or bring in Sweet/Trengove and play English forward 60 to 70%. Neither ideal but cannot see any other option. Also would bring in Dickson and drop Richards or West.

If our game style stands up in the conditions we should be winning this one but not expecting 21 goals in a row like last season.
No, lets go for 22 this time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English could be as clean as Ben King as a forward. Has the same reach and is a one grab mark. Would love to sit him there for a few weeks and find out but we def need him in the middle. If the season goes to sh*t then it’d be a fun experiment.
Before this year I always felt that English would settle forward. But hes shown some great signs across the ground this year

Out Schache (never again), Richards, Butler, West
In Crozier, Lewis Young, Dickson, Weightman

On notice Bruce lucky he had good game last week, Dale, JJ, Wallis
That is almost half the team. I would say that Richards and Butler the most likely outs. Coming Crozier and maybe Weightman. You are right about the other players, but just about everyone had a shocker on Sunday. On that criteria Bont and Mcrae are dropped also. Just two changes for mine.

Wouldn't be making too many changes off just one week. Obviously we don't know if anyone will need the rest off the short break. Presuming no one does, Crozier straight back in for Butler seems obvious. The back seven looked unbelievable against North and I think we should stick with that for a little while. Ed Richards probably goes out for mine, has been a bit underwhelming the last couple of weeks. Thought he started the year ok. Wouldn't mind to see a Weightman debut but I think Suckling returning to play wing/half forward is probably more likely to add some experience.

B: Wood - Keath - Crozier
HB: Daniel - Cordy - Johannisen

R: English - Bontempelli - Smith
C: Lipinski - Macrae - Hunter

HF: Wallis - Schache - Dale
F: Vandermeer - Bruce - West

I: Williams - Liberatore - McLean - Suckling
I think Crozier is the most important player now in our backline. He was out and our backline was giving away goals like there is no tomorrow. He is a steadier. Welcome back Crozier, you should not have been suspended by those consistently inconsistent afl tribunals. We win with Crozier against the positive testers.

That is almost half the team. I would say that Richards and Butler the most likely outs. Coming Crozier and maybe Weightman. You are right about the other players, but just about everyone had a shocker on Sunday. On that criteria Bont and Mcrae are dropped also. Just two changes for mine.
Macrae got 5 coaches votes from Bevo. He'd be the absolute last dropped based on that.

Butler is a certain out, not sure if Richards will go as he seems to get more chances than any others on our list. Would be happy to see Weightman debut in his place though

i heard some commentary that said West played a negating role on Doc...couldn’t pick it up on TV but if he did he played his role quite well...

Macrae got 5 coaches votes from Bevo. He'd be the absolute last dropped based on that.

Butler is a certain out, not sure if Richards will go as he seems to get more chances than any others on our list. Would be happy to see Weightman debut in his place though

I can’t wait to see Weightman in action...was hoping we would manufacture a deal to get him in the draft...has all the tricks on the highlight reels...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back