Prediction Changes Cats V Dogs 30.7.22 Can we break a 6,951 days drought

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats have a simple but effective tactic where they kick to Hawkins one on one. Cameron then sprints out the back on the assumption Hawkins outmarks his opponent (often with assistance of a subtle or not so subtle push).

You need your best marking defender on Hawkins and best running defender on Cameron.

Not sure where Cordy fits in there though.
I'm not seeing it either. It's a cupboard bare scenario if he ends up on Hawkins. I'm hoping for a left field English down back with Khamis and Richards and no Cordy but Martin in the ruck scenario. Unless they flick Cordy onto Stewart in a close tag rough him up role I get his selection not.

I'm not seeing it either. It's a cupboard bare scenario if he ends up on Hawkins. I'm hoping for a left field English down back with Khamis and Richards and no Cordy but Martin in the ruck scenario. Unless they flick Cordy onto Stewart in a close tag rough him up role I get his selection not.

Gardiner is the right match for Cameron- covers the ground well.

A half fit Keath would be better for Hawkins than Cordy who is too light to compete.

Bevo has made this mistake with Cordy time and time matching up with McKay, Curnow, Lynch, Wright etc..

He needs to play third defender not first.

I agree with the sentiment on here that the midfield clearances, pressure around the ground and forward line efficiency will determine whether we win.

I don’t think the substitution of an out of form/injured Keath for an average but fit Cordy will likely influence the result in any significant way. If Geelong F50s are limited, and under pressure, then I think our team defence can get the job done.

Tonight will complete the Zaine Cordy redemption arc with a dominant game, keeping Hawkins to 0.2.

I think Gardner has to go to Hawkins, try to avoid too much body work and jump and spoil. I would like to see Khamis take Cameron at key times, but Cameron probably busts him over 4 quarters.

Cordy guards territory, takes a 3rd marking option and takes Cameron for periods, swapping with Buku.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back