Prediction Changes Cats V Dogs 30.7.22 Can we break a 6,951 days drought

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what the argument would be for including Bruce on form and dropping Keath on form. Other than to the handful of people that believe he has mystical powers, Bruce was far less effectual than Keath over the last two weeks. Argument probably extends to Gardner too, who wasn’t any better than Keath, although I wouldn’t be dropping Gardner either.

Will be a real head scratcher imo if Keath plays VFL.

He played 113 mins out of 128 last week which is a massive improvement from his first year of spending nearly half the game on the bench.

Its a weird one because he still spent a fair bit of time on the bench earlier in the year.
I guess making hard leads and chopping out in the ruck would take a lot more out of the tank than playing in a zone based defensive system

He is hard at the contest. However, my problem is you rarely see him win one. His tackling is also substandard.
This. Take Hunter for instance, I’m sure McComb would attack the ball harder but Hunter is still 100x the player McComb is inside the contest, as he actually has some craft about him. He’s just very poor, no ability to release a handball under pressure, no composure, zero ability to half an aerial contest, tackles are broken easy (he avgs 1 a game, not good enough for someone with his limitations) and that’s not taking into account how he is with ball in hand in space.

Just don’t get it

Can’t see any logic to McComb playing with McLean in the VFL. Would have thought Toby has done enough for a recall

What impressed you so much about Toby's VFL games so far?
He’s definitely lacking a yard of pace but he’s been good around the ball, hard at it and class in the contest so if it’s a straight swap for McComb we’re not exactly losing much in the way of pace and disposal, and even a touch slow he’s still better in the contest than McComb

You wouldn’t blame Toby for being a bit hesitant, whether consciously or unconsciously, after two reconstructions. Hopefully he’ll get more confidence as time goes by. The experiences of Libba, Clay Smith and Roarke should inspire him.

We didn’t have anyone mobile enough to go with Cameron. You play Gardiner on Cameron, he kicks a bag anyway and Hawkins gets the better of Keath.

Makes sense why we went those match ups.

Wouldn’t surprise to see a defensive handover when Cameron pushes up the field and one of Cordy/Gardiner take back when he’s deeper.

Possibly even Buku getting minutes to see how that’s works. Has the mobility and speed to at least stay close. Would have some confidence built up after last week as well.
Would give Buku first crack at Cameron. Has the athleticism to go with him for pace and a big enough leap to kill the high ball. If Cameron gets the ball well delivered won't matter much who is on him. Need to have midfield dominance or we will struggle big time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Bev will pull a swifty and Martin will be a late in. The extra tall will allow English and/or Naughts to swing back to help?
This is where my money is going in the Shifty Stakes (L). But who's the late out? I think it's McComb and then Cordy in that order but would prefer both. McSteal sub.

Haha 18:05 mins in, things come around fast
Geez, that was when we were s**t. Lost, was it, 12 in a row. Looked like premiers in that game from the highlights.
Shows how soft the game has become with the rule changes, some big hits- Eagle stretchered off with blood everywhere, yet allowed back on plus some other cheap.shots by the Cats.
The game looked so much better, long kicks to one on ones, fewer handballs as well
Thanks for posting it

Left of field, could Martin wrestle Hawkins? Surely he'd at least match him for strength
I don't see that. I don't see anyone on our list being able to wrestle Hawkins successfully one on one (few in the competition really). Intercepting is the answer to Hawkins. That's pressure at the source and Khamis, Richards and English floating across before it gets to him.

I don't think a fit and in form Keith (which he isn't anyway) holds him back much the way they are moving the ball this season. A different approach is required.

You wouldn’t blame Toby for being a bit hesitant, whether consciously or unconsciously, after two reconstructions. Hopefully he’ll get more confidence as time goes by. The experiences of Libba, Clay Smith and Roarke should inspire him.
And yet, despite those two recos, he attacked the ball with great energy in his very first game back. I'm somewhat surprised he's not in the seniors already unless there's still doubts about fitness.

Would give Buku first crack at Cameron. Has the athleticism to go with him for pace and a big enough leap to kill the high ball. If Cameron gets the ball well delivered won't matter much who is on him. Need to have midfield dominance or we will struggle big time
"Look at the athleticism!", Luke Darcy re CJ, Alir ", Chol, Fredericks, Khamis circa 2022

Cats have a simple but effective tactic where they kick to Hawkins one on one. Cameron then sprints out the back on the assumption Hawkins outmarks his opponent (often with assistance of a subtle or not so subtle push).

You need your best marking defender on Hawkins and best running defender on Cameron.

Not sure where Cordy fits in there though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back