Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ugh what a **** night that was last night.

I think for all of Rich’s limitations now he comes back in. Possibly for Wilmot although he was probably in our top half a dozen last night so would be a bit harsh.

I would like to see them make a statement in that forwardline. Linc and Hipwood are just woefully out of form. Problem is it doesn’t sound like we have anyone banging down the door to play those roles in the ressies. Maybe Cam moves back up forward and Rich is the direct swap down back? Linc comes out then.

Either way as I said in the game day thread last night, rock up and play like that Pies will do us in by 10 goals. That could be by half time.

Last edited:
What I like to see --
Drop: Linc, Hipwood, Bailey
In : Rich, Dev, Prior (Ah Chee Sub)
Wilmot goes forward and plays defensive tag on Nick Daicos. Prior takes wing, Dev plays inside and we push someone else forward/mid. Fort plays full game.

What may happen is Linc dropped, Rayner goes forward. Rich will be back. Rest will stay and get another go.

I'd do Rich for Hipwood with Rayner and the rucks spending more time forward

Ah Chee the sub or potentially replacing Linc or Wilmot

No point dropping players as punishment given our depth isn't there apart from a couple of handy inside mids

Should be a clean out but in all honesty we’d probably just go with one change.

The list has too many un-droppables under fagan.
Agreed. Fagan just doesn't seem to ever send a message to this playing group.

If Rich isn’t ready then hopefully something like this:

Out: Joyce, McCarthy, Hipwood
In: Robertson, Lohmann, Prior

Saw the last qtr of the ressies and Robertson played a mid fwd role. His tackling pressure and ground ball gets won us the game. Need that forward pressure and grunt in the seniors. Lohmann to play the sub 10 possession McCarthy game. Prior on a wing and Wilmot in defence instead of Joyce.

What I like to see --
Drop: Linc, Hipwood, Bailey
In : Rich, Dev, Prior (Ah Chee Sub)
Wilmot goes forward and plays defensive tag on Nick Daicos. Prior takes wing, Dev plays inside and we push someone else forward/mid. Fort plays full game.

What may happen is Linc dropped, Rayner goes forward. Rich will be back. Rest will stay and get another go.
Pretty much lines up with my thoughts. I'd like Ah Chee in if he is fit. Think he's one of the few who really seem to give a s**t and do the team things.

I too suspect we'll get the same nothing changes except for bringing Rich in for someone undeserving to be dropped.

Also think we have depth we just refuse to use them properly. When they eventually force their way into the team they get stuck out of position 90% of the game and then get dropped

In: Ah Chee, Robertson, Rich
Out: Joyce, Fort, McCarthy

Ah Chee to play off the bench and play as a wing/forward

Joyce dropped as we don't really need a third tall this week, making way for Rich down back. Would then look at using McKenna as a lockdown defender this week.

Lastly, Robertson in to play as a forward/mid. He is not a wingman, but saw first hand what he has to offer at stoppages in the VFL. He's not really good enough to play as a centre bounce mid compared to our other options, but as a half forward tasked to lock the ball in at stoppages he is the perfect fit. He's not a small forward, but frankly I think we have one too many forwards as is. We're missing that extra body who is adept at locking the ball in. Robertson has that in spades. He can then rotate in the ball to cover others when needed.

If we don't want to go with all of Rich, McKenna, Wilmot and Coleman I'd be dropping Wilmot. He had a good game but his ball use wasn't that great and really that's what his main use as a wingman is meant to be.

Controversially I'd drop Coleman before Wilmot. Coleman still looks lost and way out of form and I'm not convinced his fitness is there yet. He goes missing a lot.

Wilmot was still running hard, pressuring and trying to win the game till the end. And honestly his ball use was no worse than Kiddys (more due to Kiddy playing poorly perhaps)

Controversially I'd drop Coleman before Wilmot. Coleman still looks lost and way out of form and I'm not convinced his fitness is there yet. He goes missing a lot.

Wilmot was still running hard, pressuring and trying to win the game till the end. And honestly his ball use was no worse than Kiddys (more due to Kiddy playing poorly perhaps)

I wouldn't mind either dropped tbh. Nobody should be above bad form.

Anyone think Starcevich could start playing on taller forwards? Take the third tall and try run off him a little in transition to maybe help free up our ball movement. He’s big enough to do the job on a taller player and it’s rare a team play with 3 bigs in the forward 50 all at once.

I think the 3 tall backs we have are slow with the ball in hand and make poor decisions. And they are not great short kicks. Really stunts our ball movement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe I'm saying this. But how far away is Darcy Gardiner?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Need to make a statement and drop underperforming players. No excuses for the performances last night from the players I’m dropping(With the exception of Kiddy maybe but he had a shocker) -

In Ah Chee Robertson Rich Madden
Out McCarthy Bailey Coleman Hipwood

Fort to play forward/second ruck. Rayner to move back into the forward line with Rich and Madden coming in to replace Coleman/Rayner in the backline. Ah Chee to play wing/forward. Dev to play mid/forward replacing Bailey.

Big wake up call needed for Hipwood and Bailey who have been nothing short of terrible.

Drop Wilmot who busts his nut and is building into some great form but keep Hipwood who flops about and would probably struggle at VFL level?
Buzza would out-perform Hippy in the reserves; hell Buzza would do better in the ones that Hippy who is probably on $600K more than Buzza annually.

Drop Wilmot who busts his nut and is building into some great form but keep Hipwood who flops about and would probably struggle at VFL level?

Lol yeah coz Wilmot and Hipwood play the same position 🙃

Out: McCarthy & Fort
In: Rich & Ah Chee

I thought Joyce was ok for his second game. The coaches might like how much it frees up Andrews.

You'd think Cam will almost certainly go forward now. The backline looks really solid and has done for a long time. They're going to have to trust McKenna, Rich and Coleman to get the job done. Having Cam down back now feels like overkill.

Pies are a manic running side. And Cox is out. We just played three genuine talls in the backline and forward line and 2 rucks.

If there is a skeric of logic in our MC one of the talls has to go. I think we all assume it will be Fort. I'd make it Daniher. Send a message. Get one of the rucks playing deep and Hipwood on his bike and leading up to the flanks.

If Gardiner is fit him for Joyce. Inclined to give Joyce one more go v pies is Darcy is anything but very fit though.

Not sure why we bother having the thread let's have another mulligan eh boys!

Pies are a manic running side. And Cox is out. We just played three genuine talls in the backline and forward line and 2 rucks.

If there is a skeric of logic in our MC one of the talls has to go. I think we all assume it will be Fort. I'd make it Daniher. Send a message. Get one of the rucks playing deep and Hipwood on his bike and leading up to the flanks.

If Gardiner is fit him for Joyce. Inclined to give Joyce one more go v pies is Darcy is anything but very fit though.

Out of curiosity - would certain players when traded in have clauses in there contracts that say they cant be dropped or rather if they are available they must play seniors. I genuinely can't recall the last time a senior player was dropped and a statement made- im not including Lyons or Robinson b/c they were done physically - I'm talking an out and out dropping with that player going to the resreves. I feel like its the usual suspect of young players dropped.

I'd drop Daniher normally, but he genuinely kills Collingwood. I looked back and since 2017 has only once kicked less than 2 goals against them. Is one of the few forwards who seems to give Darcy Moore trouble, and they don't have height back there to put a lesser player on Joe.

Eric on the other hand is far more out of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back