Unofficial Preview Changes/Discussion Pies Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Daly the genius that gave hipwood 7 years ? Dead set that’s a shocking contract and will come back to kill us . Fagan was his boss now he is fagans it doesn’t make sense . How we have fagan an extension is beyond me . If we had Clarkson , Chris Scott I’d say we would have won a flag by now .

Really Nunez? I thought WILMOT has been good. I picked him in my top 5 players against the bulldogs

He was good to a point but didn't use the ball well (nobody did) and I'd rather Ah Chee on the wing with McCluggage. If Wilmot plays I won't be disappointed mind you, but think Ah Chee adds more of what we need.

Out: Hipwood, Oscar, Joyce
In: Robertson, Rich, Ah Chee

I think Fort is providing better service/contest in the ruck than Oscar, and Hipwood and Daniher are playing too similar to provide any benefit having them both. Joyce I think has done well but height not as needed as clean exits from our D50 this week.

Whatever our plan is to beat the Pies hoping they might have a bit of an off night shouldn't be factored in because it just ain't gunna happen the way they're going.

It's the chance for a few players who've copped criticism for not being hard enough to step up and prove the doubters wrong.

Big match next week.
In this point in time they are light years ahead of us on the outside.
Our only chance to win will be at the contest before the ball gets out .
We do this we have a chance to stop their run.
I really hoped we would of progressed with our outside run, possibly we have , but clearly we still have to be at every contest with a thought process of winning the contest. not reacting slow and end up just tailgaiting.

Everyone's pumping Collingwood's tyres up including me ,justifiably so.

So they're very vulnerable this week. No ruck . Short break. Gabba.

We can win this match.

Fages should lock the boys away for a day ,show them vision of Collingwood's recent games and say do that and we win. Not accepting anything less.

From everyone.

We need to win this otherwise no more Mr. Nice Guy. He pumps the opposition up every time we lose . It's in our own hands to do something about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I did take note of was after the win last night Sidebottom was interviewed with a self satisfied grin on his face , couldn't say enough about how good they were.

Ripe for the picking if we hit them hard and keep at it.

Is it time for beastmode? Defensive forward on daicos might be a solid option. Our current forward 6 don’t apply much, if any, defensive pressure. He could have a field day without someone checking him.

Is it time for beastmode? Defensive forward on daicos might be a solid option. Our current forward 6 don’t apply much, if any, defensive pressure. He could have a field day without someone checking him.

Robertson is much more viable in that role.

Hipwood out, Fort and McInenery to rest forward when 1 is not in the ruck. Both would provide similar pressure than hipwood as he always over runs opponents.

Joyce out for Gardiner, if not him then Lester.

McCarthy out for Ah Chee

Rich in

Outs - Fort, McCarthy, Answerth (sub)
Ins - Robertson, Ah Chee , Fort (sub)

Rich could also come in but I'm not sure who he'd displace from the back 6/7 given I don't think our backline was the problem on Thursday. 3 ground ball gets in the F50 is a disgrace. Forward line besides Gunston needs an absolute rocket.

I think Fagan would have gone in with one ruck even before Cameron got injured.

Out - Fort
In - Lyons a proven AFL standard player. Others may prefer Dev but Fagan usually does not play him where he is best suited. May have his reasons?

Out - Joyce
In - Maybe Gardiner if available (a gamble). If not either Rich or Ah Chee.

Bailey or McCarthy hard tag on Nic Daicos. Give one or both share a tag role for the game.

Wilmot will be up against a couple of good wing players from the Pies.
He has improved each game in a new position, so would be hard to drop him. Retains position and see how he performs.

Out - Fort
In - Lyons a proven AFL standard player. Others may prefer Dev but Fagan usually does not play him where he is best suited. May have his reasons?

Out - Joyce

Bailey or McCarthy hard tag on Nic Daicos. Give one or both share a tag role for the game.

He has improved each game in a new position, so would be hard to drop him. Retains position and see how he performs.
Thinking it through Bailey in a tagging role might work. He plays like he always needs to make something happen and when it doesn't he gives up. Focusing totally on an opponent might be the mental release he needs.

Out - Fort

Out - Joyce

Just cant see Bailey applying a hard tag. Not a defensively minded player from what I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back