Preview Changes & discussion - Richmond 6/5/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is that Webb is extremely versatile he's played half back, now middle and half forward (where he has the ability to take decent grabs, has strong hands). I understand we are trying to develop his inside game but he is literally a prototype of the player Bev likes, yet can't get a game.

And he's a better shot at goal then Jong, Smith and Dunkley combined.

So it's strange he hasn't gotten a crack yet. If there's a late out I'd expect him in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because he has failed to impress at AFL level every time he has been given a chance since round 4 2015. I am a huge fan and think he will make it but there is a reason he hasnt been played yet this year.

Because he has failed to impress at AFL level every time he has been given a chance since round 4 2015. I am a huge fan and think he will make it but there is a reason he hasnt been played yet this year.
I thought Webb played well against north late last year. From memory it was a game we had to win. North were OK last year. He came in after libba and macrae went down in the geelong game. Rotated through the middle, did his job and contributed to an important win. Can't ask for a lot more than that from a young player coming from the twos, into a team on the ropes after those injuries.

I thought Webb played well against north late last year. From memory it was a game we had to win. North were OK last year. He came in after libba and macrae went down in the geelong game. Rotated through the middle, did his job and contributed to an important win. Can't ask for a lot more than that from a young player coming from the twos, into a team on the ropes after those injuries.
Funnily enough on pure numbers Hrovat was probably marginally better - just thought he was a reasonable comparison given they played a similar number of games at a similar time of year. The obvious difference being that Hrovat had 3 more seasons though.

Does go to show how many players get a run under Bev - not sure if that is him wanting to see the whole list under the pressure of the seniors in his first two years or whether that's just what he just likes to do (putting aside having hand forced through injury/suspension which may account for some such as Collins getting their one run).

Well obviously you can ask for more because if we couldn't ask for more he would be playing senior football. What are you even trying to argue here? I stated that I am a fan of his and that I expect him to make it, but he hasn't proven he is ready for AFL yet. The match selection guys aren't keeping him out of the side because they don't like the way he spells his name or because he slept with their mothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back