Preview Changes & discussion - Richmond 6/5/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahl is a big out. He's probably been our best player this season.

Don't really have a replacement for him. Libba getting into form would be the best solution, but that could be a tough ask coming off a concussion.

Dahl out would be a bigger loss than Nankervis is to Richmond. I don't think Nank has been anywhere near the Tigers' best or 2nd-best player this year like Dahl has been at the WB.

Dahl out would be a bigger loss than Nankervis is to Richmond. I don't think Nank has been anywhere near the Tigers' best or 2nd-best player this year like Dahl has been at the WB.
Structurally though, it's a bit worse for them. Dahl's been our best (or maybe second behind Macrae), but another can step into his role and do it maybe 80% as well (let's say). Richmond are forced to play either old, broken Ivan or green, unready Ivan in the ruck role.

Sorry to intrude, but Nanakervis has been top 3 in my view for us this year, he's a huge loss to structure as well.

And Conca has been in career best form as well, he is a decent loss with the form he is in.

I expect the dogs to get first use of the ball and therefore beat us by 6 - 7 goals.

Sorry to intrude, but Nanakervis has been top 3 in my view for us this year, he's a huge loss to structure as well.

And Conca has been in career best form as well, he is a decent loss with the form he is in.
OK fair comment on Nankervis - I haven't watched every game. I accept the point about structure, but if there's a week he has to miss then this one isn't too bad. We have conceded ruck the ruck advantage all year, so Soldo might still do OK.

I'll have to take your word on Conca. I wouldn't have thought "career-best form" is setting the bar all that high in his case. However you've been watching him closer than I have.

I think the Tigers will give us a stern test. They are much improved and we are a fair bit off our 2016 best.

Conca is a decent loss? He has an average of 18 disposals, 3 marks and 3 tackles doesn't put him near the top 100 in any of them.

I'm not saying he's been bad, but having an overview of all his games, the West Coast game was good but apart from that the rest he seems to have just been there and not done much. Especially in a team that was dominating. What position has he been playing? How is he a decent loss?

Conca is a decent loss? He has an average of 18 disposals, 3 marks and 3 tackles doesn't put him near the top 100 in any of them.

I'm not saying he's been bad, but having an overview of all his games, the West Coast game was good but apart from that the rest he seems to have just been there and not done much. Especially in a team that was dominating. What position has he been playing? How is he a decent loss?

Stats lie sometimes, if you asked them most Richmond supporters would say that he has been pretty important in the last few weeks.

I actually think he is hard done by, by the footy public. He has a lot of talent he just can't get a run at it (as evident by starting to play well for a few weeks and doing yet another injury.)

Stats lie sometimes, if you asked them most Richmond supporters would say that he has been pretty important in the last few weeks.

I actually think he is hard done by, by the footy public. He has a lot of talent he just can't get a run at it (as evident by starting to play well for a few weeks and doing yet another injury.)
I understand stats don't tell the full story. Which is why I'm asking you, how has he been important? What position has he been playing? Who would come in to replace him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand stats don't tell the full story. Which is why I'm asking you, how has he been important? What position has he been playing? Who would come in to replace him?

He has been playing as a small defender, and in most games he has stopped the forward he was playing on, plus helping Astbury a lot which is why I think he is looking so good this season. He has improved his foot skills dramatically compared to the last couple of years and was starting to become one of our more trustworthy kicks in defense ( without Vlastuin there this is a big issue.)

I don't know who will come in for him, I would imagine we are going to bring in two talls this week. We might put either Morris ( he tries but he is pretty average) or Vlastuin there. Taking Vlastuin away from the midfield hurts our depth there which is what the bulldogs have a lot of, and therefore affects our ball winning ability somewhat.

Suspect Murphy plays forward all game when we have so many small/medium defenders. Interesting to see how this small setup works. Reckon we got away with it last week cause of the dewy conditions. Stringer/Bont/Jong will need to bring the ball to ground otherwise I suspect Adams will be thrown forward.

Smith is very lucky to be still in this team.

Soldo is a squishy target and we're all familiar with Bevo's disdain for the ruck but I wish we'd taken the chance to free Boyd up to play forward this week.

Feel like we'll piss this in with their outs and our form, but we never make it easy on ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back