Preview Changes & discussion - Richmond 6/5/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Smith still in the side!?

Perhaps the plan is to replace him with Dickson when he is ready to go and want to give him a couple more weeks to see if the form improves.

Suspect Murphy plays forward all game when we have so many small/medium defenders. Interesting to see how this small setup works. Reckon we got away with it last week cause of the dewy conditions. Stringer/Bont/Jong will need to bring the ball to ground otherwise I suspect Adams will be thrown forward.

Smith is very lucky to be still in this team.

Have to think that Adams or Cordy will play forward. What is going to happen when Roughead, Cloke, Crameri, Redpath and Dickson all become available. Will be a complete change of the forward line.

Soldo is a squishy target and we're all familiar with Bevo's disdain for the ruck but I wish we'd taken the chance to free Boyd up to play forward this week.

On the plus side it's against a fill in ruck so it might be a chance for Boyd to show that he's more than serviceable when asked to play as a fill in ruck himself (at 21).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale unlucky. Smith very fortunate. Dickson breathing down his neck.

Suckling will surely play the game forward? Perhaps Murphy Half Forward/Wing too?

Stats lie sometimes, if you asked them most Richmond supporters would say that he has been pretty important in the last few weeks.

I actually think he is hard done by, by the footy public. He has a lot of talent he just can't get a run at it (as evident by starting to play well for a few weeks and doing yet another injury.)

I reckon he has looked ok too. Seemed to be using the ball better and making better decisions. Man he is fugly though.

Sorry I didn't watch. Did it work for you?

I thought our stoppages weren't terrible with Grigg, but the problem was not having the tall target to kick to down the line, hence why Elton is straight back into the team
Not so much. Since he was rucking against Mumford a lot, he kinda just... bounced away.

With a queue of players returning from injuries it may be very difficult for Webb and Dale to get more opportunities which would be a pity. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out for them.

Bit of a worry for Webb. I thought that he was a better player than Benjamin Long, Mitch Hannan, Koby Stevens and Nathan Hrovat. Those four guys went to other clubs at the end of last year and are getting AFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back