Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 15 v the Magpies @ Gabba- Friday night blockbuster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Archie ever taken a mark in front of goal like Fullarton or kicked a goal on the run like Fullarton?

nope but we seem to have a preference for 2 rucks and we’re playing a team who played 3 rucks last week.

I can tell you one thing jackess , Tom Fullarton brings a crap load of excitement.
Everytime he went near the ball on the weekend you could hear the crowd rise in anticipation and the excitement around the ground was obvious.
Also on the TV coverage when re-watching later, he had them excited too.
The last time I remember being excited by something Archie did on the field was his very first jump in a centre bounce ruck contest in his first game against Adelaide 🤔 way back when.

I'm gonna put the hoodoo on us and say we won't kick more than 10 behinds to go with 10 or more goals

Finally!!! I’ve found someone who has the same game watching techniques as me. I’m telling my kids cause I’m getting tired of them telling me I’m a weirdo when I’m crouched behind the couch.

We own it, others do it but lie too look cool and calm.
My preferred technique is to stand(harking back to the “good old days“ at the footy and with no woods supporters spitting on you from behind).

makes it easier to walk away when we shot for goal and leave the room when we miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would send Robbo to half forward to take McCarthy’s spot against Collingwood . Let him get back to his aggressive pressure game and put some real heat on their rebounding defenders. Might help to get his confidence back. Starcevich could maybe move to the wing and play more of an offensive game which could be really damaging.

Sidebottom out makes all the difference. He usually rips us a new one every time we play them. We’ll win this by 6 goals. Will be over by half time, and it will feel as glorious as the 2003 GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not sure anything can match that capitulation. Especially watching Rhyce Shaw crap his pants and give up the goal to Lynchy.

I would send Robbo to half forward to take McCarthy’s spot against Collingwood . Let him get back to his aggressive pressure game and put some real heat on their rebounding defenders. Might help to get his confidence back. Starcevich could maybe move to the wing and play more of an offensive game which could be really damaging.

Yeah I like this idea. He can tackle / harass and crash packs and just make a pest off himself. Robbo isn't having the same impact in the midfield any more and Bailey is a much better option on the wing. Maybe even play Robbo on Maynard or Crisp - you stop there run off half back and the Pies have lost one of their strengths.

Bit of talk Grundy needs a rest. Hope it's our game and not the game this week.

Collingwood look very vulnerable. In the recent games I’ve seen really only gotten over the line against some very ordinary opposition by turning it on for 10 or so minutes and grabbing a decent lead.

If they start as sluggish as they have in a few recent games then I think we could give them a paddling early and put the game to bed.

I still have flashbacks to our game against them in 2016 where we were legitimate witches hats and the score was like 60 - 0 at one stage.

Collingwood look very vulnerable. In the recent games I’ve seen really only gotten over the line against some very ordinary opposition by turning it on for 10 or so minutes and grabbing a decent lead.

If they start as sluggish as they have in a few recent games then I think we could give them a paddling early and put the game to bed.

I still have flashbacks to our game against them in 2016 where we were legitimate witches hats and the score was like 60 - 0 at one stage.

The crux of the preview I'm preparing lol.

This shows that last time we played them who was there top possession getters. Beams, treloar, sidebottom all gathering them. De Goey kicked 3.1 .... all that talent out I cant see them winning. We should do them this time. Screenshot_20200827-114004_Footy Live.jpg

Yeah I like this idea. He can tackle / harass and crash packs and just make a pest off himself. Robbo isn't having the same impact in the midfield any more and Bailey is a much better option on the wing. Maybe even play Robbo on Maynard or Crisp - you stop there run off half back and the Pies have lost one of their strengths.

Bit of talk Grundy needs a rest. Hope it's our game and not the game this week.
I do like the idea of putting someone on Crisp or Maynard. These 2 create a lot of drive off Half back and start a lot of their scoring chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back