Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 16 v Crows in Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer we go unchanged but I do think it is likely Fagan will bring Birchall back in, in which case I'd be sending Ah Chee to either the forward line to replace Coleman or the wing and giving Prior a rest. I'd rather Coleman stay in the side to be honest and I think Prior looked very tired at times last night so I'd probably go Birchall for Prior. Ah Chee can then play Prior's role although Prior is a handy inclusion each week as he does work very hard and applies a lot of defensive pressure but Ah Chee can do that as well.

In line for inclusion?

You would think Grant Birchall will come straight back in as he was out last night due to illness(Fages presser he said he was just feeling off).
Jarrod Berry, I'd say no, will be given a minimum of 2 weeks in the reserves to find touch and game day fitness, apparently playing reserves this weekend.
Tom Berry, maybe for Keidean or Jaxon but probably not IMO.

What I think will happen > In- Grant Birchall. Out- Jaxon Prior. Or no changes if Birch is still crook.

What I would do > In- Tom Berry. Out- Jaxon Prior.

This should be a relatively easy win, the Crows will lift at home but we will be professional enough to eek out a 6+ goal win IMO.

As a lot have commented in the Cats game review thread I also loved the mix we had in our back 6-7 last night and I for the life of me don't know who would come out for the obvious 3 that have been staples of our back half of the ground team for 18 months ie. Birchall, Lester and Gardiner.

For me Gardiner is a 100% lock to come back in when fit, for Ah Chee in the 7 man rotation would be the route I would take, Ah Chee could stay in the side in a wing/fwd role and leave someone else out from further up the ground.. Coleman/Prior?

Lester back well before Gardiner so Ryan could also come in under the same formula.

I think we should bite the bullet and move past Birchall now.

Below was our back 7 when we played Collingwood in round 3 this year. I think this was the game Payne got injured, otherwise you would think he and Adams would have likely continued to be in the same team, certainly against the Dogs in round 4.
Lester, Andrews, Payne, Rich, Birch, Starc, Adams

I don't think there should be any changes to the team that played so well on Thursday against the Cats, but, Birch is a Fages favourite so who misses out. TOG the past couple of weeks indicate that perhaps one of the young guys will miss out eg Coleman or Prior. So Ah Chee to go forward and Birch back in. Another favourite Lester is due back in a few weeks, but I cannot see him coming back in, not if there is any integrity with weekly selections. Although having a good past 18 months, Lester in the past has been playing NEAFL and is a very handy back up defender. Rich, Lester, Birch in the same backline is simply too slow.

My philosophy has always been, when there is a 50/50 selection call play the young guys. Some BF posters have been critical of that, and that is fine (i like the diverse opinions), but who would gain more out of playing against the crows at Adelaide next week, Birch or Coleman, Madden, Prior etc

My philosophy has always been, when there is a 50/50 selection call play the young guys. Some BF posters have been critical of that, and that is fine (i like the diverse opinions), but who would gain more out of playing against the crows at Adelaide next week, Birch or Coleman, Madden, Prior etc

Yes, those players will gain something but at the same time, we need our best 22 to be playing as well as they can together to make a grand final…on current form those players have shown they can play well enough to hold their spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming Neale gets some scans to rule out anything sinister
Either way i would give him 2 weeks rehab and no contact. Back for the Saints game. Lots of games to go in 2021
Matho for Neale
Saw Neale yesterday at our boys footy game. He was very sore about the shoulder. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him miss a week or two for it to settle down. On a side note his calves are huge, ridiculously huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back