Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion round 17 v Swans @ Cairns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Outs- Jarrod Berry, Brandon Starcevich.

Ins- Grant Birchall, Deven Robertson.

I haven't seen anything about how long Tom Fullarton is out for, if he is ready it's a no brainer straight in for Archie Smith. If Lincoln McCarthy's quad isn't up for it I'd bring in Mitchell Hinge and swing Callum Ah Chee forward again.

Have we played a game in Cairns before?

Swans were quite good in the game they played vs the Demons up there - then again that could just be the Demons being crap at footy now.

Can Witherden get back in the team for Starcevich?
Or does that seem unlikely?

The Swans youngsters looked good in the last two games I watched (true they did lose against Carlton)

I'm working on the presumption that Linc will wake up with one very sore leg, so given the short turn around, I think we should save for Saturday week. Fagan pretty much said in his presser that Berry and Starcevich won't play either, so that is three forced changes for me, all like for like:

Ins - Ellis-Yolemen, Witherden, Christensen (I'm willing the last inclusion, although I doubt it'll happen, but I hope there is some sentiment by Fagan and he gives Allen a farewell game for all he has done at the Lions, both on and off field).

Out - J. Berry, Starcevich, McCarthy (all injured)

On second thoughts, I'd drop Smith too, again did next to nothing other than provide a chop out for McInerney. The in would be anybody's guess. Possibly play CEY as a second ruck and then bring in another runner or even give Skinner one final opportunity to see if he can make it.

Last edited:

I like the idea of playing Dev Robertson for Linc if he's unavailable. Get an extra mid rotation.

CEY and Birchall for Berry and Starce would be the likely changes

I'll keep Archie in, he finished the game well so I hope he starts well next time too.

CEY, Birchall and TBerry are likely ins. Fagan could give another debut like Wooller or Prior too if ready.

Will be interesting to see whether the results of the Eagles/Saints & Tigers/Cats game has any bearing on what we do over the last two rounds.

We have some sore boys quite clearly and if results go our way I wouldn't be against giving a couple of them a bit more rest time heading into finals.

I think I worked it out that if Saints can beat Eagles tonight, we've locked in a top 4 spot. If Tigers can get over the Cats tomorrow night we'd only need to win 1 of our last 2 to guarantee a top 2 spot and a home QF.

Having said all that, at this stage for Sunday I'd say Berry, Starcevich & Linc out. Birchall, CEY & Dev in.

Hey guys,
From my fantasy team perspective (and the fact I've been away alot so missed the news), why was Witho dropped and is he a shoe in to come back in for Starc?

CHeers

Form issues & not a shoe in.

In: witho, birch, CEY

Out: bez (inj), starc (inj), linc (managed)

Four day turnaround, no way linc gets played. He'll still be limping at that point, save him for Carlton. I reckon at this late stage of the season we go with blokes who got a few runs on the board this year and move ah chee forward to allow for the two defenders to come in. Great we actually have the depth that guys who have already made contributions this year can just step up when others to down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back