Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 18 v Carlton @ Gabba (home of the Grand Final).

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Outs- Mitchell Hinge, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Callum Ah Chee.

Ins- Lincoln McCarthy, Brandon Starcevich, Jarrod Berry.

McCarthy and Starcevich are obvious straight back ins, there was a suggestion that Berry would be right before finals, with the bye before finals I think they would like to play him although I'm sure they'll take no risks with him, no one will be managed/rested.

I like Ah Chee but I just can't see anyone else to leave out for Starcevich, I love Answerth's aggression and lock down ability.

It would be great to snag the minor premiership, so go P...Pi...Piii...Piiies v Port, almost makes me vomit on the keyboard typing it, in saying that Go the Suns tonight at the Gabba v the Scum.

I'd rest Starce for one more game just to be sure. It's been only 4 days since gold coast game, so a week and a half sounds a bit too early to return. If Starce doesn't play Carlton, he also gets the bye week to freshen up.

No unforced changes. The ones that have come in recently being the obvious candidates to be left out

I'm still proud as punch with that 4th effort. Sydney mounted a comeback and we answered strongly.

I missed what happened with Squiz though, why was he sitting out?

Was playing with a hotspot and it just got worse during the game I think.

With Rich in the team, there is no place for Birchall IMO.
Yer, apart from a couple of games Birchall has been pretty uninspiring, he's certainly a fair way off on what Hodge bought to the table, on yesterdays game I think Hinge offers more or even Witherden, I don't see them dropping him though.

Im not sure they will drop Birchall coming into finals. Im certain his experience is one thing we are backing him for.

If we are hoping Martin can play finals then I hope we can look to get a game into him soon. Will take a bit to get the balance back between the two of them. If not we may have to back Archie in from here and try and build continuity between him and Oscar.

Berry is badly needed back in (probably for CEY) but suspect he needs another week.

Linc back in, tough choice but Kiddy probably misses. Ah Chee is used more as a utility all over the ground while Linc and Kiddy are more like for like in the forward line

Starc is tough and I have no idea who would come out for him. Noone down back deserves to be dropped and this will get worse when Harris is fit as Payne has been really good

I'm of the view that Berry will not be named this week and wouldn't be surprised if Starcevich is also not named.

On the back of being named in the emergencies, I'm hoping Christensen is given a farewell game, therefore my changes are:

In - McCartthy / Christensen
Out - Birchall / Coleman

Wouldn't be adverse to playing Martin if he is close at the expense of Smith.

We will name our strongest team available.
If all of Bez, Linc and Starc are good to go then we will play them IMO. Especially with a week off before the finals persuit begins.
Would be nice to get a game into Martin before finals, not sure whether he would be available yet or whether that will be via a scratchy.
Although, I think that Archie Had a good hand in our first 3 goals in the last, killing Sydney’s momentum.
It’s a credit to the coaching staff this year with a lot of changes throughout the year to have all players up and ready to go when called upon.
I thought Hinge was great last night, to back up after the handball to Coleman to knock the Sydney player off his line to give Coleman a free run to the goal, deserves a lot of credit.
Would love for him to keep his place for another week over Birchall, but I think Fages will play the old boy.
A few selection headaches but that is what makes a good team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why'd they have to make the ballot cut off 10am... forgot and missed it :'(

nooo... A mate also missed one but contacted the club immediately and, it was a Melbourne club (??) with a small qld fanbase and he ended up with tickets and a warning that he only got them because there were excess seats. If it was Collingwood or tigers, no c chance.

can’t hurt to give them a call or email membership.

nooo... A mate also missed one but contacted the club immediately and, it was a Melbourne club (??) with a small qld fanbase and he ended up with tickets and a warning that he only got them because there were excess seats. If it was Collingwood or tigers, no c chance.

can’t hurt to give them a call or email membership.
Been to every game this year, missing 1 is no disaster, but I will try the email as well, cheers.

Why'd they have to make the ballot cut off 10am... forgot and missed it :'(
Give the lions a ring .
I missed out on the Collingwood ballot and rang the following day , we got in after the ballot tickets were allocated, but before the opposition tickets and public.
Ring NOW

Outs: Hinge and CEY
Ins: Starc and McCarthy

Give J Berry another couple of weeks to get his shoulder cherry ripe for the 1st week of finals. Give Rayner more midfield time to replace CEY.

I give Berry another week rest to be sure.

So Linc and Starc in for I assume CEY and unluckily Hinge.
Hinge had a good game so not sure where that leaves Witho in pecking order now.

I know Birchall not been great although we need someone in finals who been there and done that.
Think we got overwhelmed last year in both games and Hodge was one of the best in both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back