Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 21 v the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Will this be the percentage booster we want it to be or will the Suns lift for their Grand Final?

There wont be any changes unless Zorko misses for what appeared to be a hamstring issue, **** in the presser said it was purely precautionary, fingers crossed. IF he's out-

Out-
Dayne Zorko(hamstring).

In- Tom Berry(debut).

There are plenty of options in the NEAFL to go with though.

If we decide to go with youth- T.Berry/Cox/Starcevich/C.Lyons.
Experience- Bastinac/Keays/Lester/Matheison/Robertson/Taylor.

I'd be leaning towards basti. Berry to play more inside like he did today.

Guessing it could be Squizzy though

Each week *this* is the one we really need to win. *this* is the game we're in big trouble. Its not completely far fetched in regards to the suns. We don't always bring our best (that was in our younger, less refined days though). They had a couple of real effort driven games until the second half this week, so it will be interesting if they have it in them to bring it all through the game.

Personally I like the Suns enough to not want a 100+ blitz. Hopefully we amble through with a sedate 96 win :)

I would be going for Cox. His last few games have been a lot better and he does have some run like Zorko just not the explosive kind. In regards to the kids I would just let them finish the year in the NEAFL and look towards next year.

I'd be looking at:

Out: McCarthy (rested), Zorko
In: Cox, Lyons/Berry

I think McCarthy looked like he needs a rest and frankly he's earned one. Going from almost no footy for a few years to a full season would be incredibly taxing. If there was ever a time to give him a week off before the bye it's this game. Cox has been on fire the past few weeks and could come in and have a big impact up forward. His workrate has been top notch.

Replacing Zorko will come down to what we want - do we want a more inside mid who can help with clearances or do we want a pressure mid to make up for the missing pressure? If neither, we may want another senior head around the ball and bring in Bastinac who won't excel at either but will do his job. Or do we go left of field and bring in Smith who can win his own ball, use his burst and impact forward?

Either way, it's an exciting chance to see how we'll play without Zorko and how the person replacing him can fit in.

I'd be looking at:

I think McCarthy looked like he needs a rest and frankly he's earned one. Going from almost no footy for a few years to a full season would be incredibly taxing. If there was ever a time to give him a week off before the bye it's this game. Cox has been on fire the past few weeks and could come in and have a big impact up forward. His workrate has been top notch.

Replacing Zorko will come down to what we want - do we want a more inside mid who can help with clearances or do we want a pressure mid to make up for the missing pressure? If neither, we may want another senior head around the ball and bring in Bastinac who won't excel at either but will do his job. Or do we go left of field and bring in Smith who can win his own ball, use his burst and impact forward?

Either way, it's an exciting chance to see how we'll play without Zorko and how the person replacing him can fit in.
Will only bring in an experienced option so either Keays of Basti who have both been tearing it up in the 2's

Can't afford to take the scum lightly, otherwise they'll carltank us.

Every game between now and October is a Grand Final for us. Even though I have us losing to Geelong (and learning a lot of harsh lessons from it). We need to smash the scums and get the percentage boost we desperately need, we need to minimize the damage Geelong do and we need to just tough it out against the Tigers.

Every game between now and October is a Grand Final for us. Even though I have us losing to Geelong (and learning a lot of harsh lessons from it). We need to smash the scums and get the percentage boost we desperately need, we need to minimize the damage Geelong do and we need to just tough it out against the Tigers.
I am starting to feel more confident that we can win the next 3. Agree, can't take the Suns lightly. Their good footy is OK. Confident we can beat Geelong & the Tigers will be tough but we are now starting to find ways to just win. Good Times :p

I'd be looking at:

Can't see them giving Basti a run, nor resting players at this stage. If he's sore fine, but otherwise Linc will have to play through it like everyone else in the team - they will all be getting tired. If any player in the seconds deserves a chance to replace Zorks it is C Lyons. But I suspect they will play Keays.

Bring in Corey Lyons.

Where would he play? He can only play inside mid. Zorko has spent more time then ever this year as a wing/fwd to allow Berry and Clug to play more midfield time as well as Charlie, Linc and Rayner pinch hitting. Unfortunately just doesn’t have an extra string to the bow.

J Lyons and Neale already in the team as pure midfielders, can’t see why they’d bring in another one that can only really play mid, hence why Matho hasn’t been playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where would he play? He can only play inside mid. Zorko has spent more time then ever this year as a wing/fwd to allow Berry and Clug to play more midfield time as well as Charlie, Linc and Rayner pinch hitting. Unfortunately just doesn’t have an extra string to the bow.

J Lyons and Neale already in the team as pure midfielders, can’t see why they’d bring in another one that can only really play mid, hence why Matho hasn’t been playing

Lovers quarrel?

Not a given , but we should get the suns beaten by whatever amount.

Geelong , I kind of get the feeling they are no longer too strong, too quick, too good for us anymore . our boys are strong men now . They won't bully us off the ball, we'll do that to them.
Look at Answerth ,1st year player solid as playing with the strength and ferocity and skill of a 25 year old.

Suns first though.
Would be good to beat them by a decent margin but really just looking to see our boys get more polish to their game .
Outs Zorks injured In Keays or Basti .
Would still like to see another tall tried in McStays role, possibly Walker .( very unlikely though)
I think Walker would be like a man possessed.
Definitely no more than two changes , can only see someone coming in for Zorks.

Not a given , but we should get the suns beaten by whatever amount.

Geelong , I kind of get the feeling they are no longer too strong, too quick, too good for us anymore . our boys are strong men now . They won't bully us off the ball, we'll do that to them.
Look at Answerth ,1st year player solid as playing with the strength and ferocity and skill of a 25 year old.

Suns first though.
Would be good to beat them by a decent margin but really just looking to see our boys get more polish to their game .
Outs Zorks injured In Keays or Basti .
Would still like to see another tall tried in McStays role, possibly Walker .( very unlikely though)
I think Walker would be like a man possessed.
Definitely no more than two changes , can only see someone coming in for Zorks.

Walker did play forward against Port and had zero marks.

Do u think Mitch could miss a week for that ribrattler on Dunkley? May not have been Dunkley.

He ran hard and got to a lot of contests but missed a few marks you'd want your key forward taking.
I still would of liked to see someone else in McStays role , I was also in two minds about Walker but feel he hasn't had the opportunity in that role.
The last time he spent time in our forward line our forwards would be on a good lead only to go underneath the flight , or put it another way the ball coming in wasn't to their advantage going straight over their heads.

Will only bring in an experienced option so either Keays of Basti who have both been tearing it up in the 2's
That's how I'm thinking too. Getting to the pointy end of the season, not the time to be handing out debuts unless they are being considered for the finals.

I still would of liked to see someone else in McStays role , I was also in two minds about Walker but feel he hasn't had the opportunity in that role.
The last time he spent time in our forward line our forwards would be on a good lead only to go underneath the flight , or put it another way the ball coming in wasn't to their advantage going straight over their heads.

So we mess around with a winning formula (the highest scoring team in the AFL) for a chance of a small upgrade?

Before switching down back Walker kicked 7 goals in his previous 14 games as a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back