Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 21 v the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting selection week. I would happily see Zorko rest up if he isnt 100% Actually who is Captain then?

I am torn either way on replacing Zorko with an experienced player or getting someone a debut. Few guys who have been killing it but maybe not a direct like-for-like replacement.

Probably unnecessary but also this would be a game that I would consider resting Hodge. There is a pre-final bye so that might be enough for a freshen up though

Pretty much all Suns-Lions games are trash to watch because the lower ranked team usually manages to drag the game down to their level and it becomes a slog. I'm not predicting a huge percentage booster of a game.

Zorko listed as a test on the Lions website.

You'd suspect we'll give him a week then hopefully he'll be good for Geelong. Maybe play more forward.

The Suns can be up and down.. really they could put in a good week. I take no one lightly.
Was up there for the start of the pies game
Should of taken the bombers.
Even tigers game 3 goals down halfway through third.
3 goals down to blue 3 qtr time

Zorko needs to rest up for cats/tigers and finals. Play him this week not be good.
Interesting they asked him after the game was it a hammy. He said not sure never done one.
So hopefully just a niggle and rest will be all he needs.
Not like he does not go 150% at things so cannot see him taking it easy if he plays.

Pretty much all Suns-Lions games are trash to watch because the lower ranked team usually manages to drag the game down to their level and it becomes a slog. I'm not predicting a huge percentage booster of a game.
Pre-drinks!

Our medicos have form, they played Hippy when most on here thought he should have been given a rest (me included), if they deem Zorks good to go he will play.

Our medicos have form, they played Hippy when most on here thought he should have been given a rest (me included), if they deem Zorks good to go he will play.

I think a bit of the onus is on the player as well to know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witherden too.

I think the difference with playing Hippy was that we brought him in for games that we really needed to win where having an 80% Hippy was better than whoever else we would've played. With Witherden he looked fine to me so was probably 100% anyway.

Zorks is a different kettle of fish where if we lost him to a hamstring at this point it would be a massive dent to our finals hopes because in many ways he's our best player as well as our captain. It's not that we should take GC lightly in any respect but we should be able to cover him against them and I wouldn't risk him if there's any doubt at all.

I think Zorko out, no need to take the risk. Keays, Matho and Squizzy are the first cabs off the rank to replace him i reckon. I would like to see Corey Lyons be given a run. If anyone deserves a debut he does. If everyone else pulled up ok, i wouldnt be changing or resting anyone else. Keep them playing tight and together, theres a rest week before the finals.

I hope they play fierce and focused this week. Ignore the rubbish, stick to the game plan and win by 60+ points.

I’d probably have McCarthy playing the Zorko role through the middle and on the wing rotating with Ben Keays up forward.

If Zorko is deemed unfit of course.

Keays is becoming a bit of a Ryan Lester type in the sense that for the most part, I can be confident in him playing his role in the seniors when needed. He’s still young too, so hopefully he can further improve and move past that stage.

Last edited:
If Zorko is given a spell, whoever plays simply can't be expected to play the "Zorko role" (well not like Zorko plays it anyway).

It would be like trying to find someone to play the Charlie Cameron role if he went down.

Players are unique but it doesn't mean that if they are absent, that the team can't be tweaked to stay formidable and continue to win games. We already saw that when Josh came in for Harro against the Hawks. That's the art of coaching and adapting the team to fit the opponent.

Different to losing a key player in the course of a game , like what happened when Zorks went off in the 3rd.

Got to love Fages for dismissing the Bulldogs revival just as we lost our captain as "coincidence".

Of course he's going to say that. I would expect nothing else.It's said more for the benefit of the team than for the benefit of the media and the outside world. Imagine the impact on the psyche of the team if he blurted out

"Yeah sure, we really struggled when Dayne went off. Gee I hope he's OK to play next week"

Good work Fages..... keep it upbeat and positive :thumbsu:

I was just about the only one who said that if the Medicos said Hippy was fit, then he was FIT.

And what happened?

I was shouted down:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back