Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 23 @ The Gabba v Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Gabba on Saturday at 4:35 local time

Excellent.

And Port vs Dogs is Friday, so we will know if top 4 is gettable.

Last edited:

Did Sheed really just get a slap on the wrist for punching that guy?
OMFG 🤬
The tribunal should appeal that decision.
Nonsensical decision, my mind goes back to an incident a couple of seasons ago when Zorks got a suspension for a love tap on the tummy, I can't recall who the player or the team was.

Nonsensical decision, my mind goes back to an incident a couple of seasons ago when Zorks got a suspension for a love tap on the tummy, I can't recall who the player or the team was.

The MRO system is totally dysfunctional.

Christian's rulings are as consistent as Joe's set shots for goal.

The AFL has to either abandon the MRO idea altogether and go back to a MRP system or sack Christian and find someone else with some agates.

It's absolutely clear that Christian plays favorites and even when he's not, he's totally and utterly inconsistent

The MRO system is totally dysfunctional.

Christian's rulings are as consistent as Joe's set shots for goal.

The AFL has to either abandon the MRO idea altogether and go back to a MRP system or sack Christian and find someone else with some agates.

It's absolutely clear that Christian plays favorites and even when he's not, he's totally and utterly inconsistent

Maybe put an Aspie/OCD in the role - emotions not an issue, everything by the book, consistency of interpretation, not worrying about popularity with an adjustment to the system so it is based on action not outcome (so if you punch Brownie and break your hand or punch Shache and break his whatever you get done the same for the punch) to make it more objective.

Maybe put an Aspie/OCD in the role - emotions not an issue, everything by the book, consistency of interpretation, not worrying about popularity with an adjustment to the system so it is based on action not outcome (so if you punch Brownie and break your hand or punch Shache and break his whatever you get done the same for the punch) to make it more objective.

We're an aspie family and I agree. Got a few who could do the role.

Just to qualify - aspies have deep emotional responses, but are able to separate logic and emotion. Pretty useful attributes in lots of situations.

We're an aspie family and I agree. Got a few who could do the role.

Just to qualify - aspies have deep emotional responses, but are able to separate logic and emotion. Pretty useful attributes in lots of situations.

*nods* that's why I said 'emotions not an issue' not 'no emotions' :)

Apparently they're considering playing Rioli for this game if true media are going to hype that up like crazy combined with the media pressure on the Eagles makes me worried they're going to really get into gear for our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently they're considering playing Rioli for this game if true media are going to hype that up like crazy combined with the media pressure on the Eagles makes me worried they're going to really get into gear for our game.

I'm happy for the Eagles to play well and go down by 25 points.

Member ballot is open however when I log in can not find out how to obtain tickets. Didn't have a problem last week. What is different, me or the ticket site? Any hints.... please
1- Log in to MyLions account.
2- Go into Membership Information drop down tab.
3- Click on Member Ticketing Hub.
4- Click on your Membership type, expecting for you it would be "season reserve seat members"
5- That will take you to the ballot process.

1- Log in to MyLions account.
2- Go into Membership Information drop down tab.
3- Click on Member Ticketing Hub.
4- Click on your Membership type, expecting for you it would be "season reserve seat members"
5- That will take you to the ballot process.
Thanks Jason. That is what I have tried but when i go in it appears briefly and then disappears. Must be an issue with the ticketing site. I have now tried a different browser with success:). Thanks

I thought Lester was very poor again last night. Still can’t defend one on one and ginnivan or whatever his name is managed a couple on him and was poor with the footy under pressure last night. Looks ok when he gets free

I think Kiddy is playing pretty cleverly attacking the footy instead of trying to beat his opponent one on one. Needs some confidence to be more creative instead of looking to handball even when not under pressure.
Jackess have noted over the past few weeks some of your comments about Lester, so the last 3 games watching on TV have kept an eye on him. Whilst Lester is certainly doing his role, he has been mostly marking very young inexperienced players. Against Hawthorne an 18 year old #42Tyler Brockman, against Freo at times on a just turned 19 year old #35 Josh Treacy, and last week against #33 Ginnivan another 18 year old with 4 AFL games. Hardly intimidating opposition.

Can't help but think, Payne who can play on mid forwards and talls would also be able to perform the same role, and probably hastens his development. I say Payne over Ballenden because he has extended for a further 3 years whilst Ballenden is currently on the rookie list. If not Payne or Ballenden, then Kiddy or possibly Prior. Even Ah Chee could play a similar role down back and it opens up a forward spot for T. Berry.

Really hope that if Adams is back it’s for Lester not Coleman. Coleman looks like he is starting to adjust to the pace.
Agree, I just posted who Lester has mostly been marking the past three games, two 18 year olds and one just turned 19. Hardly key players.
Admit it is only from TV viewing and players can change around a little with opponents if playing zone defence, or could be on a bench rotation.
I believe Lester is performing a role, and his position is likely safe, but there are others who could also do that role, whilst still developing.

Jackess have noted over the past few weeks some of your comments about Lester, so the last 3 games watching on TV have kept an eye on him. Whilst Lester is certainly doing his role, he has been mostly marking very young inexperienced players. Against Hawthorne an 18 year old #42Tyler Brockman, against Freo at times on a just turned 19 year old #35 Josh Treacy, and last week against #33 Ginnivan another 18 year old with 4 AFL games. Hardly intimidating opposition.

Can't help but think, Payne who can play on mid forwards and talls would also be able to perform the same role, and probably hastens his development. I say Payne over Ballenden because he has extended for a further 3 years whilst Ballenden is currently on the rookie list. If not Payne or Ballenden, then Kiddy or possibly Prior. Even Ah Chee could play a similar role down back and it opens up a forward spot for T. Berry.

That’s basically all Lester has done the past few years except for the Richmond final on Riewoldt. They clearly don’t rate his defensive ability and he doesn’t really do enough offensively to make up for it

That’s basically all Lester has done the past few years except for the Richmond final on Riewoldt. They clearly don’t rate his defensive ability and he doesn’t really do enough offensively to make up for it
Don't forget, Lynch did not play for Richmond in that final last year, and therefore Harris was able to assist Lester with Riewoldt, which they both did well.
About six weeks ago against Riewoldt, Lester struggled.
Depending on the opposition matchups, I would play Kiddy or Payne over Lester as I believe both can perform a role, whilst still developing facets of their games. Presently Kiddy offers more offensively then Lester and Payne provides better options being able to mark relatively fast mid to tall forwards. That said think Lester is safe for the finals.

Don't forget, Lynch did not play for Richmond in that final last year, and therefore Harris was able to assist Lester with Riewoldt, which they both did well.
About six weeks ago against Riewoldt, Lester struggled.
Depending on the opposition matchups, I would play Kiddy or Payne over Lester as I believe both can perform a role, whilst still developing facets of their games. Presently Kiddy offers more offensively then Lester and Payne provides better options being able to mark relatively fast mid to tall forwards. That said think Lester is safe for the finals.

You don’t need to convince me. He’s a handy backup but that’s it

From AFL site

brisbane.jpg

Powerful defender Marcus Adams is available after missing five matches with a foot injury. Mitch Robinson (calf) is also expected to return against West Coast on Saturday, meaning there will be a couple of unlucky omissions for a team back in form. Keidean Coleman has been a new addition to defence, while Ryan Lester has been playing on taller forwards and could be vulnerable with Adams' return. It all comes down to backline balance for Brisbane's coaching staff.

R22 medical sub: Rhys Mathieson (unused)

Verdict: Adams and Robinson for Coleman and Jaxon Prior. – Michael Whiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back