Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 23 @ The Gabba v Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From AFL site

brisbane.jpg

Powerful defender Marcus Adams is available after missing five matches with a foot injury. Mitch Robinson (calf) is also expected to return against West Coast on Saturday, meaning there will be a couple of unlucky omissions for a team back in form. Keidean Coleman has been a new addition to defence, while Ryan Lester has been playing on taller forwards and could be vulnerable with Adams' return. It all comes down to backline balance for Brisbane's coaching staff.

R22 medical sub: Rhys Mathieson (unused)

Verdict: Adams and Robinson for Coleman and Jaxon Prior. – Michael Whiting

I know Eagles have a tall forward line and we like to stick pretty closely to our best 22 players but for the sake of balance I'd really prefer Adams in for Lester and Coleman to stay.

I know Eagles have a tall forward line and we like to stick pretty closely to our best 22 players but for the sake of balance I'd really prefer Adams in for Lester and Coleman to stay.
Yeah it confused me when Whiting said it all comes down to balance for our coaching staff but then predicted Coleman out for Adams. Surely if "backline balance" is the deciding factor it is Lester who goes out.

Yeah this would be just about the only week we might get away with such a tall, slow backline.

They also have some very nippy small fwds too. I don't think we can afford to lose the pace Coleman offers. It would be a big confidence booster for the lad coming into finals. I think Prior gets the med sub spot over Matho. I like the team a lot with those changes. Just feels balanced.

Andrews, Gardiner, Adams, Rich, Starcevich, Birchall and Coleman, I think is the best back 7 we can have this finals campaign. Lester, Prior, Payne and Madden better than reliable depth.

Was thinking if Answerth comes good next year and add the developing Carter Michael, and its a pretty good defensive squad to evolve with over the next few years.

Expecting a good win over the Eagles this weekend, more of the same please. The Big O v Nic Nat battle will be huge. If he can at least break even I'll be happy.

According to Fox footy, he is in. Giving him plenty of air, anyhow.
Yeah between Rioli, Ryan, Cripps and Petrucelle I don't see how we can leave Coleman out.

Andrews to Kennedy
Adams to Darling
Gardiner to Allen
Starc to Ryan
Birchall to Cripps
Rich to Rioli
Coleman to Petrucelle

Don't feel particularly confident about the last 3

50 - 55 point win by us. The Eagles have been a bogey team of ours in the past so let's put that behind us and smash these pricks.

And I have a question: Why does Kiddy ALWAYS miss out? Give the lad a chance to cement his position in the side. Not sure who he would be playing on, maybe.......................................yeah, I got nuthin'. I don't really pay any attention to any side but us.

Really hope that if Adams is back it’s for Lester not Coleman. Coleman looks like he is starting to adjust to the pace.

I doubt Coleman comes out after his game on the weekend. How good was it seeing him in defence, putting his head over the ball and just beating opponents to the contest time after time. You can see why Fagan has been investing in him. I'm a Lester fan and I think he adds some durability (whilst lacking pace to our backline). Not sure which way the coaches will go but surely Coleman stays back for another go at it.

I doubt Coleman comes out after his game on the weekend. How good was it seeing him in defence, putting his head over the ball and just beating opponents to the contest time after time. You can see why Fagan has been investing in him. I'm a Lester fan and I think he adds some durability (whilst lacking pace to our backline). Not sure which way the coaches will go but surely Coleman stays back for another go at it.
Last year in the finals , Coleman had some very good important possessions down back for us and his distibution was pretty spot on .
But he hasn't been up to that standard , you could say looked a tad lazy , and I would be one of his biggest supporters.
We need him to make that play in a game where the oppossition thinks he's in the clear ,only to be run down in a game changing tackle .
That's where we need Kiddy to get to , back himself to inject himself whenever possible .

Maybe last Saturday night he was back to his best, so absolutely leave him in there for all the obvious reasons.
Looks like his confidence or drive to get the footy is back.
Looking forward to this game, missed last week.

I'm happy enough to keep Kiddy in if we can but people are overrating his performance last week against a team we were belting. The game opened up from very early on and there weren't all that many one on one defensive contests. He seems more comfortable playing back than forward and did some nice things .I'd like to have a look at him in a game where the backline is under real pressure.

From AFL site

brisbane.jpg

Powerful defender Marcus Adams is available after missing five matches with a foot injury. Mitch Robinson (calf) is also expected to return against West Coast on Saturday, meaning there will be a couple of unlucky omissions for a team back in form. Keidean Coleman has been a new addition to defence, while Ryan Lester has been playing on taller forwards and could be vulnerable with Adams' return. It all comes down to backline balance for Brisbane's coaching staff.

R22 medical sub: Rhys Mathieson (unused)

Verdict: Adams and Robinson for Coleman and Jaxon Prior. – Michael Whiting
Not surprised by the verdict by Whiting
I'm happy enough to keep Kiddy in if we can but people are overrating his performance last week against a team we were belting. The game opened up from very early on and there weren't all that many one on one defensive contests. He seems more comfortable playing back than forward and did some nice things .I'd like to have a look at him in a game where the backline is under real pressure.
I think the overrating happens with other players also. Would also like to see Kiddy stay in, especially with Rioli playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone is saying he is in the bests, it's more just the style he is playing. When its his time to put his head over the ball and win a contested ball he goes as hard as anyone, his ball use when he gets it has looked safe without being special, when he doesn't have the ball in attack he gets on his bike and becomes an option further up the field which a lot of our other defenders don't do. I agree we haven't seen him do much one on one defending but he seems to find himself in good positions and has enough pace to be disruptive on that end. Small sample size but he has done this both weeks in the AFL and certainly did it in the VFL game where we were smashed by the Giants/Swans team.

I don't think anyone is saying he is in the bests, it's more just the style he is playing. When its his time to put his head over the ball and win a contested ball he goes as hard as anyone, his ball use when he gets it has looked safe without being special, when he doesn't have the ball in attack he gets on his bike and becomes an option further up the field which a lot of our other defenders don't do. I agree we haven't seen him do much one on one defending but he seems to find himself in good positions and has enough pace to be disruptive on that end. Small sample size but he has done this both weeks in the AFL and certainly did it in the VFL game where we were smashed by the Giants/Swans team.
Could be he's what we need. We've gone the early crow in the past on newer guys often enough . His apparent skillset and style is what we're looking for in the backline. Just a matter of whether he keeps improving and doing it consistently under genuine pressure. As I said happy to keep playing him unless he proves otherwise.

So now the stadium can be at 75%, capacity and there's no real likelihood of it selling out, will they let us sit in our normal seats?

Please yes.
No they wont, the ballot has already been run and done, we got tickets in section 438 (we're normally in 422).

I assume they would have been running and allocating tickets from the ballot on the assumption that it would have been 50% capacity again seeing the process started before the increased capacity was announced.

The MRO system is totally dysfunctional.

Christian's rulings are as consistent as Joe's set shots for goal.

The AFL has to either abandon the MRO idea altogether and go back to a MRP system or sack Christian and find someone else with some agates.

It's absolutely clear that Christian plays favorites and even when he's not, he's totally and utterly inconsistent
Christian is on the AFL payroll. He does what the AFL wants. If he doesn't, he loses his job.

Big fan of what Coleman can be in the future and he has had a few good patches but I don't think he's in our best team ATM. He needs to build on his fitness. Have noticed quite a few times that he can get to a contest and get involved but as soon as it spreads from it, he's slowly jogging to the next contest.

20210818_165408.jpg
Anyone know if these seats are any decent? Couldn't refer to the stadium map on Ticket Master as usual.

Personally I'd hate these seats, lower level behind the goals, I like upper tier on the wings but each to their own.
CaView attachment 1209706
Couldn't see the option to choose seats when I was in the queue, just selected the cheapest seats available and just assumed they were gonna sell out pretty fast with 50% capacity. Now the option to choose seats is available and I'm pretty sure those seats are way at the back undercover which wasn't what I was hoping for. Usually I like sitting behind the goals but not that far back. Hopefully some West Coast supporters leave early so I can move to something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back