Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 23 v Magpies @ Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dev's not the answer but he's probably the best answer we have.
Yep this is what is where I'm at right now. We need more physical pressure in the middle. Someone who can tackle and scrap for the ball. Less minutes on the ball to guys like Bailey, Zorko and even Clug could actually be a net positive.

as i see it we've got 2 major problems.

we've got a passive ruck. How many times will Oscar trail in behind his opponent......even players like Walker and Hawkins, when you know exactly what forwards are trying to do.

And we're basically playing 6 half forwards. Our talls are really running wing/half forwards. Eric, Joe and Gunston all get their Possies running marking outside 60.

We need a tall forward who will stand under a long ball in the goal square.

So my pick would be Fort playing a basketball "post position", Rayner and Charlie in the pockets and Joe and Eric to play up the flanks. Linc plays whever he fricken wants to.

He can only tackle if the opponent is standing next to him when he receives the ball, if there is any space he is almost zero chance of catching and tackling.

I'd be giving Dev a decent crack at his preferred role, Dev is light years ahead of Lyons re defensive run and tackling, his gut running tonight was outstanding.
Please give it a spell , gut running and had no affect runs around looking lost..
The love for dev who hasn't proven a thing is mesmerising on this forum.

If Fagan wants to stick to 3 tall structure, Fort should come in. If we choose to go small then Rayner plays tall and Lohmann comes in.

Prior gets swapped for Coleman when available. Coleman out for this long makes me worry if he'll be ok to pick things up so close to finals, but let's see.

If Fletcher comes back in, I think Dev will lose his spot and become sub. But I'd prefer Zorko to be sub instead.

We need a tall forward who will stand under a long ball in the goal square.

So my pick would be Fort playing a basketball "post position", Rayner and Charlie in the pockets and Joe and Eric to play up the flanks. Linc plays whever he fricken wants to.
First point - thats what I thought Dan McStay did really well and why I couldnt belive we didnt match what he was offered.

On the second, I thought Fort did well earlier in the season being that player and at times straighted us up around the place.

I guess Fages thought Gunston would be an upgrade on McStay but I dont think its come close to workking out albeit its unfortunate what happened to him yesterday.

Our players have been the reason certain players careers have almost ended. Cant remember who it was that did the hospital pass to Adams last year off a poor disposal and it was Zorks yesterday - not apportioninig it to them but you know what i mean.

From the ressie watchers, how has Nakia been? I assume not being named an emergency much, if at all, means he isn’t close, but I reckon he could offer a bit defensively up forward as well as small stints through the middle also.

Prior showed plenty yesterday. He demonstrated great spirit and a willingness to make those tough calls to put his body on the line for the Team. Those sort of tough calls that Finals require.
Kiddy in for Gunston this week with Motty to the interchange. Jaspa returns to the sub..

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cannot fault Priors application but the talent and athleticism isn’t there

From the ressie watchers, how has Nakia been? I assume not being named an emergency much, if at all, means he isn’t close, but I reckon he could offer a bit defensively up forward as well as small stints through the middle also.
He's been solid but not in a way that would suggest he's close to senior selection.

Please give it a spell , gut running and had no affect runs around looking lost..
The love for dev who hasn't proven a thing is mesmerising on this forum.

Hasn't had a chance. Small glimpses in the midfield shows promise. But gets dumped on a half forward flank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who comes in for Gunston? Fletcher promoted from sub?

Gunners plays deep forward in goal square. He can still be stationary and use his body to mark at the drop of the ball.

Squiggle a bit off this week ... and potential health warning to those who have been referring to have having heart issues recently!

Collingwood
Collingwood 82 - 81 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

Docklands (VIC)
HGA:
Collingwood
+7.5 pts
Ins/Outs:
Collingwood
+0.0 pts

Squiggle a bit off this week ... and potential health warning to those who have been referring to have having heart issues recently!

Collingwood
Collingwood 82 - 81 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

Docklands (VIC)
HGA:
Collingwood
+7.5 pts
Ins/Outs:
Collingwood
+0.0 pts
We only have to make up 2 points with the Ins/Outs and we are home baby.

Would we bring fort in knowing their captain is out and stretching them ? Or do we feel we would just go Coleman for Gunston and just have extra run?

Time to put the Nakia experiment to bed.

To be fair he's looked very good at times in the VFL this year. Much fitter. I think he could play a role if given the chance.

Who does he replace and why do you think he hasn't been chosen? There have been opportunities throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back