Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 23 v Magpies @ Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah forgot he's been playing up there. Provided he isn't needed down back to cover Moore's absence etc, he presents a bit of an issue. Wilmot is probably the one who has the leap & athleticism to match him?
It's a forward line that presents danger in every position, no doubt at all. Plenty of challenges to work on.

as i see it we've got 2 major problems.

we've got a passive ruck. How many times will Oscar trail in behind his opponent......even players like Walker and Hawkins, when you know exactly what forwards are trying to do.

And we're basically playing 6 half forwards. Our talls are really running wing/half forwards. Eric, Joe and Gunston all get their Possies running marking outside 60.

We need a tall forward who will stand under a long ball in the goal square.

So my pick would be Fort playing a basketball "post position", Rayner and Charlie in the pockets and Joe and Eric to play up the flanks. Linc plays whever he fricken wants to.

I'd have Rayner in the goal square, he's a powerful unit and loves a screamer. But I'd be happy as long as he's in the forward line somewhere.

It'll be no different to when Gunston has been playing so far. We can't argue this mid going down won't be a problem with a Gunston based 3 tall structure but as soon as Fort comes in this is a major issue.

If a mid goes down, the small sub comes on early and Fort plays the full game. Same as Gunston would do at present.

🤣 my non- gunston bias showing in every post..

One reason why Collingwood can’t win the premiership. Will Hoskin-Elliot. How can you have such a bad player in a premiership team? He wouldn’t get a game for 17 other teams.

Will be an interesting insight into the psyche of Collingwood this week.
They'll want to win.. but do they want to win at all costs? Will they want to be redlining to pressure us all game?

Maybe their incentive is if they do beat us.. they likely get us at the mcg first final where they will fancy themselves?

If they let us transition then I can see us putting a score on them.
Will need to turn up or they’ll roll us regardless.

Our defensive match ups this week will be interesting. We need to get Harris free to do what he does best and intercept mark.

Payne - Mihocek;
Harris - McStay;
Lester - McCreery;
Starce - Elliott;
Kiddy/Wilmot - Hill
McKenna - Ginnivan

??

Howe will play forward and try negate Andrews, similar to his job on Tom Stewart last Friday night.

Midfield needs to lift if we're any chance of winning this. We've got the blueprint to beat them, but it's whether or not we can execute the game plan effectively. Losing Moore hurts them massively - our fowardline has the class to really exploit them down back if we can get our hands on the ball.

Can't afford another poor start like we had last week. If we give Collingwood a sniff early we'll be in a lot of trouble.

Both sides are playing below their best at the moment, and this is easily the greatest challenge we've faced this year so far. Winning this would be absolutely massive for our confidence on the road. It helps that it's being played at our home away from home.

Howe will play forward and try negate Andrews, similar to his job on Tom Stewart last Friday night.
Yeah it makes sense because frampton is perfect for daniher (follow him to ruck) and murphy can take hipwood. Hippy’s height might be a worry

Would be interesting if we played fort to try to stretch you guys, but we don’t tend to think that way as a MC.

Do you think just pendles to stand next to neale? No chance of an actual tag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it makes sense because frampton is perfect for daniher (follow him to ruck) and murphy can take hipwood. Hippy’s height might be a worry

Would be interesting if we played fort to try to stretch you guys, but we don’t tend to think that way as a MC.

Do you think just pendles to stand next to neale? No chance of an actual tag?
Surely we put Dunkley on pendles, neale to go head to head with mitchell

Surely we put Dunkley on pendles, neale to go head to head with mitchell

Pendles doesn't worry me at centre bounce really - he's slowed up a lot. Still a great player with the ball in his hand of course but from what I've seen the damage is more coming when he gets it in transition.

Midfield needs to lift if we're any chance of winning this. We've got the blueprint to beat them, but it's whether or not we can execute the game plan effectively. Losing Moore hurts them massively - our fowardline has the class to really exploit them down back if we can get our hands on the ball.

Can't afford another poor start like we had last week. If we give Collingwood a sniff early we'll be in a lot of trouble.

Both sides are playing below their best at the moment, and this is easily the greatest challenge we've faced this year so far. Winning this would be absolutely massive for our confidence on the road. It helps that it's being played at our home away from home.

I don't think the Pies really tag mids which should help massively. They are very much a focus on what they do well team (not a criticism, works well for them) rather than a team that changes methods for each opponent.

For a period of the game last week Collingwood played brutal scintillating football and put the game away in a matter of minutes. Now that they don't really need to win to hold top spot I'm wondering whether we'll get the same intensity this week.

Interested to see who comes out smoking on Friday ,we've got more to gain than them in winning . We need to lift a couple of cogs from the last 2 weeks and are surely a very good chance.

AhChee to play Gunston’s role
Fletcher to play AhChee’s
Coleman in for Prior
Fort the sub I think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back