Unofficial Preview Changes & Discussion Round 3 v Magpies @ Gabba Easter Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder!

We're still looking for the most beloved of BF Lions Board posters - preview writers!

Nah, you just misread the intent of it wrong. I was just saying what you were saying was full of b.s. and they type of argument I'd expect from someone who hasn't actually watched us play.

But saying Lester is very good at 2 of the most important parts of the game but not being willing to say he's a best 22 lock makes a lot of sense

And my best mate! I was teaching with him when he got traded to Fitzroy midweek in 1981. He is a beautiful man.
I watched him play just about every one of his games at Fitzroy. Loved him!

Nah, you just misread the intent of it wrong. I was just saying what you were saying was full of b.s. and they type of argument I'd expect from someone who hasn't actually watched us play.
100% Correct. 👍

Based on the reserves game definitely bringing Prior or Brain in for McKenna rather than stuffing around with Zorko or anyone else. I think they’ve done enough. Berry plays wing

Doedee for Lester. Lester can play ok but Doedee is an upgrade.

Payne for Dizzy. Structural

Neale for Lyons

Lester or Tunstill for sub

I'd be debuting Henry Smith or Logan Morris this week.
I’d still think Fort would be preferred over Smith as a third tall forward/back up ruck at this stage. Smith been okay in the VFL but Fort has been better in my opinion.

Morris very impressive in the VFL but no harm in letting him develop at that level for now. AFL a huge step up compared to the Bombers reserves side.

Based on the reserves game definitely bringing Prior or Brain in for McKenna rather than stuffing around with Zorko or anyone else. I think they’ve done enough. Berry plays wing

Neale for Lyons

I’d prefer Brain over Prior I think. Love Prior’s competitiveness and he’s found plenty of it in the VFL today but I don’t trust his disposal. I also think Brain has looked better defensively in terms of reading the ball coming in.

I’d still think Fort would be preferred over Smith as a third tall forward/back up ruck at this stage. Smith been okay in the VFL but Fort has been better in my opinion.

Morris very impressive in the VFL but no harm in letting him develop at that level for now. AFL a huge step up compared to the Bombers reserves side.

Fort is a worse forward but a more proven ruck. Imagine if either were considered, the better forward would likely have the edge imo, hence Smith is ahead of Fort in that third tall roll.

I’d prefer Brain over Prior I think. Love Prior’s competitiveness and he’s found plenty of it in the VFL today but I don’t trust his disposal. I also think Brain has looked better defensively in terms of reading the ball coming in.

Brain has been fantastic. Getting into plenty of good spots.

Fort is a worse forward but a more proven ruck. Imagine if either were considered, the better forward would likely have the edge imo, hence Smith is ahead of Fort in that third tall roll.
I’d say Fort is a more proven forward as well. I think Fort is generally pretty good when resting forward at senior level.

I must admit Nunez, it would be exciting to see Smith or Morris get a run at some stage if not next week!

I’d say Fort is a more proven forward as well. I think Fort is generally pretty good when resting forward at senior level.

I must admit Nunez, it would be exciting to see Smith or Morris get a run at some stage if not next week!

I think Forts accuracy makes him look like a better forward than he actually is. I don't think he'd kick 20 goals in a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But saying Lester is very good at 2 of the most important parts of the game but not being willing to say he's a best 22 lock makes a lot of sense
Because I don't believe we can play Andrews, Payne, Lester, Doedee and Starcevich in the one team. Especially against Collingwood, who don't have a tall forward line.

Because I don't believe we can play Andrews, Payne, Lester, Doedee and Starcevich in the one team. Especially against Collingwood, who don't have a tall forward line.

Payne to take over Gardiner's third tall forward role.

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

Neale for Lyons

Looks like Prior had a really good game as a distributor. He might be the next one up to replace Coleman/McKenna. Payne will come in for Gardiner for sure.

If Tunstill had a good game as full time mid, please bring him in as full time mid. We need to give him 2nd mid duties rather than role player. We need mids other than Neale who are allowed to go ball hunting. I think Neale will still be rusty even after this break so it's better for whoever is ready to step up.

Looks like Prior had a really good game as a distributor. He might be the next one up to replace Coleman/McKenna. Payne will come in for Gardiner for sure.

If Tunstill had a good game as full time mid, please bring him in as full time mid. We need to give him 2nd mid duties rather than role player. We need mids other than Neale who are allowed to go ball hunting. I think Neale will still be rusty even after this break so it's better for whoever is ready to step up.
Prior got a lot of the ball but he didn't use the ball all that well, if it was up to me I would upgrade Shadeau Brain and give him a crack at McKenna's spot.

Tunstill improved his disposal as the game went on so probably worth another shot at AFL level, I was really impressed with Bruce Reville's game as well.

Not the worst idea. Aside from Harris, he’s the only 6’6 bloke we have who can catch a football.

Bloke's built like Tarzan but look terrified playing forward in the opening round.
May be loss of confidence too, could give another shot.

Not the worst idea. Aside from Harris, he’s the only 6’6 bloke we have who can catch a football.

Payne to take over Gardiner's third tall forward role.

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber
IIRC Payne was named as a third tall in that semi loss a few years ago to the dogs, when one of our own players virtually knocked him out early in the 2nd Q and he was ruled out.

So are you implying Dizzy who went off injured at halftime against Freo is playing against the Pies?

Last edited:
IIRC was named as a third tall in that semi loss a few years ago to the dogs, when one of our own players virtually knocked him out early in the 2nd Q and he was ruled out.

So are you implying Dizzy who went off injured at halftime against Freo is playing against the Pies?

Since Pies dont have super tall forward line, we could go with Andrews/Lester/Doedee if Doedee is ready.

Neale for Lyons

Why would we play Berry on the wing against Collingwood, after he was towelled up in the Grand Final against J Daicos and Sidebottom. Even Fagan said the wingers let us down that day. And if you think Berry would've learnt from that game, I would say no, because he isn't a smart footballer.

Neale for Lyons

Lester out for Doedee is a certainty you'd think. Lester tries hard but as a player he's very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back