Unofficial Preview Changes & Discussion Round 3 v Magpies @ Gabba Easter Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder!

We're still looking for the most beloved of BF Lions Board posters - preview writers!

Of the number one picks currently in the game, you’d take every single one before Rayner and in fact if you were listing them in order of best to worst, Rayner would be a very easy choice as last. Furthermore, even all of the ones taken after Rayner with the exception of Cadman and Reid who will very soon, have far surpassed Rayner. The fact the club has still yet to work out his best position is concerning and unlike all others, Rayner can’t be relied on or leads like the others do.

2010 David Swallow Suns
2011 Jonathon Patton Giants*
2012 Lachie Whitfield Giants
2013 Tom Boyd Giants*
2014 Paddy McCartin Saints*
2015 Jacob Weitering Blues
2016 Andrew McGrath Bombers
2017 Cameron Rayner Lions
2018 Sam Walsh Blues
2019 Matt Rowell Suns
2020 Jamara Ugle-Hagan Bulldogs
2021 Jason Horne-Francis Kangaroos
2022 Aaron Cadman Giants
2023 Harley Reid Eagles

FMD. Look at the draft he was in. Of the top 5, only Brayshaw has established himself.

FMD. Look at the draft he was in. Of the top 5, only Brayshaw has established himself.
Brayshaw’s field kicking is appalling, I see it live every second week. I don’t think he’s much different to LDU & Cerra at the band well below truly elite.

Luke Davies-Uniacke at pick 4 and Adam Cerra pick 5 while not world beaters have had pretty good careers so far.
One of who was (from memory) a known flight risk and another who has already requested a trade home. (Disclaimer: I was one who would have preferred Brayshaw).

But 2017 was a turd of a draft on the whole.

Don’t worry; we’ll find a way to crap the bed and watch as you run all over us in the second half. At least you guys have a flag to show for everything- we got naught up here.

As a kid watching 2002 I cried, 2003 it was over pretty early, 2010 was good and all but 2023 to get one back on the Lions and with both teams humming playing some high octane, entertaining footy, it was pretty special. Though, this might initially sound wack, Lions supporters should definitely not feel as if they lost 2023, it was Lions players from that epic early 2000's team that made it happen, McRae and Leppitsch.

Just goes to show how insane that early 2000's Lions team was, winning week to week is one thing, winning the whole thing, some people never see that happen in their lifetime, looking at Saints and Freo fans.

I would be very surprised if Thursday night was not an easy 5 goal + win for Brisbane with at least 100 points on the board, our cracks have quickly become fissures forming canyons. Our older players have lost that half percent mental dare/edge because they got the glory, second guessing themselves, doubt entering their minds, too many aren't putting the effort in all game and aren't putting bodies on the line and it's gonna be a long year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back