Unofficial Preview Changes? & discussion, Semi-Final v Giants, Saturday September 14th, 7.25pm @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that Robbo bombing long is done based on instructions from the coaches.

Also interesting no one has mentioned Basti as a possible in for Robbo? He had another good game in the neafl today.
I have. I think Bastinac would be great on the Wing, but in my changes I put Keays in before Bastinac, because Fagan has marked Bastinac's card.

Hard to see exactly what Greene did but given the mark he surely gets at least a week. He must be very frustrating for GWS fans. Unbelievably dumb.

No Cogs, Lids or Greene.

Would be a travesty to lose this. Should win comfortably and get some much needed mojo back heading into the Pies.

Out of anyone we could bring into the side, Bastinac has the most experience and has been in the best form for months now. He's the obvious choice I reckon.
Personally I hope you are right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On 2nd thought, dont want Cutler or Basti. Basti is gonna be delisted and Cutler will be at another team, might as well give the valuable finals experience to someone that wants to be at the Lions. I reckon Taylor maybe

Edit: On 3rd thought, just read the 1st half of the reserves, sounds like Basti is killing it. I just want to win. Put Basti in lol

Last edited:
On 2nd thought, dont want Cutler or Basti. Basti is gonna be delisted and Cutler will be at another team, might as well give the valuable finals experience to someone that wants to be at the Lions. I reckon Taylor maybe

Edit: On 3rd thought, just read the 1st half of the reserves, sounds like Basti is killing it. I just want to win. Put Basti in lol
Where did the Cutler doesn’t want to be at the Lions rumour originate?

When we were terrible, he was one of our best - if he didn’t want to be at the Lions, he could have left at any stage during that time (and others did - Schache, Beams apart from the Go Home 5)

Rather than Cutler not wanting to be at the Lions during a time when we are getting better, it seems as though he has been very hard done by. Why couldn’t he have had a few games as a HFF when Rayner was having his run of shocking form - Rayner could have found some touch and confidence in the NEAFL and we could have seen what Cutler might have had to offer as a HFF rotating through the wing.

Rayner is a better mark and going to be a better player but Cutler is slightly taller and heavier and has a beautiful penetrating kick. Cutler couldn’t have gone any worse than Rayner during those weeks and Cutler also would have had the ability to rotate through the wing - something Rayner doesn’t have the tank for at present.

OUT: Big O (only need one ruck Stef v Mummy), Robbo (inj), McStay (last 8 weeks deplorable)

IN: Basti, Lewy and Josh Walker at FF (career 69.37 @65%)

Himmelberg and Cameron kicked half of GWS score last time they played. Defensive 6 stays.

Need someone with balls who can crash the packs up forward and kick straight.

I've got tickets to Amity Affliction Saturday afternoon and I originality thought it wouldn't clash but it's now part of the Brisbane Festival and they've added more and more support bands and it's billed to finish at 10. How frustrating!

Giants by a lot next week, we just can’t perform on the big stage.

As for changes I’d go Cutler in for Robinson (as close to a like for like replacement as you’d get), Walker for Adams and Keays for McCarthy (who again went missing for most the game or stuffed up more than normal).
Sometimes I wonder why some people call themselves supporters. Head shake

Sometimes I wonder why some people call themselves supporters. Head shake
That's BS. It's possible to support the club and still express a negative opinion or tipping another team. I'm quite willing to disagree with Dylan often, but that's different from throwing shade on his support for the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back