Unofficial Preview Changes? Discussion v Carlton Round 6 @ Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason mp

Premium Platinum
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
A must and should win game against a struggling Blues side.

I can't see there being any changes except for injury.

Outs(if injured)- Jarrod Berry, Oscar McInerney.

Ins- Ely Smith, Connor Ballenden.

PattyKwasagun

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Oscar is out and Archie is fit, I would think we would without a doubt bring Archie in as the only other mature ruck on our list. My gut feel is that Tom Berry would probably be first in line for Jarrod too, especially after making a good impact last night (and considering his last game at Marvel was pretty good).

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would like TBerry to tag Saad. Hind could’ve done a lot more damage on the weekend with some support

scoman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Injury watch:

Officially injured as per AFL injury list:
Rayner - Season
McFayden - 5-6 weeks

Did not play last round:
CEY
Joyce

Possibly injured last week:
J Berry
Oscar
Ely Smith

I might try to do this each week in this thread if that's ok Jason mp. Feel free to let me know if any more information comes to light and I can update this post.

davemc_lions

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
next week Berry Snr if injured out for Dev
Also maybe Lester out for Berry Jnr.. Still think too slow.
Hopefully no one wanting Linc out this week. Like McStay he had great weeks and others not many touches although does team things.

If Oscar out is it worth just using Joe/McStay and not replacing him with Fullarton. Joe did well yesterday.
Archie seems injured again.

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Oscar is out and Archie is fit, I would think we would without a doubt bring Archie in as the only other mature ruck on our list. My gut feel is that Tom Berry would probably be first in line for Jarrod too, especially after making a good impact last night (and considering his last game at Marvel was pretty good).
I think it really comes down to needs. Do we want a pressure high half forward in Berry or an inside midfielder such as Matho or Dev. Personally, I think it would be a great chance to give Ely Smith a shot - he showed in the VFL his pressure game has improved dramatically, as has his work ethic. He can rotate inside, play on the wing or start up forward, so fits JB's role quite well. It's a must win though so it really comes down to whether or not we want to risk a debutant in a game like this.

PattyKwasagun

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think it really comes down to needs. Do we want a pressure high half forward in Berry or an inside midfielder such as Matho or Dev. Personally, I think it would be a great chance to give Ely Smith a shot - he showed in the VFL his pressure game has improved dramatically, as has his work ethic. He can rotate inside, play on the wing or start up forward, so fits JB's role quite well. It's a must win though so it really comes down to whether or not we want to risk a debutant in a game like this.
That's true, although he still feels somewhat down the pecking order going off recent weeks. Dev being the emergency rested at half time of the VFL and Tom Berry being the medical sub suggest to me they are seen as further up the queue at present, and with how Dev played compared to Ely in that first half I feel like that's probably a pretty fair reflection of their form. Ely was an emergency yesterday though so clearly is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad