Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting. The other thing to note is we have played 6 of the top 8 rated teams. We are 7th and we haven’t played Sydney ranked first.

On the down side, there is no mention that we are unlikely to come up against s side that played as poorly as the Suns did on Sunday night.
Did you watch the reserves game.
In the ressies Gold Coast was full of overlap and run looked like a well drilled senior team, and we were not up to it.
Then it was viser verser.
Maybe if we bring that sought of pressure and run game we'll find a few more Sun type teams.
To me they folded under our pressure.

Anyone else excited about the opportunities this will bring the youngsters? I know the injuries suck but hopefully we can see what some players have got. Lohmann should keep his spot all year. Wouldn't mind seeing Ryan (not exactly young) in for Gardiner. Morris should go well if given a shot.
I thought Lohmann was good last Sunday, he absolutely keeps his spot mid to long term. Like a lot of young players will be ups and downs with consistency, but IMO is progressing well.

Brain comes in this week for Noah.

Morris should be told, you have a block of games, so go out there and do your role.

Linc is hard to replace but hoping Lohmann can really step up. As a forward, I believe we can replace Gardiner (even though kicked 2 early on Sunday). Gardiners injury however means we cant afford for Andrews and Payne to get injured and even to a lesser extent Lester.

Did you watch the reserves game.
In the ressies Gold Coast was full of overlap and run looked like a well drilled senior team, and we were not up to it.
Then it was viser verser.
Maybe if we bring that sought of pressure and run game we'll find a few more Sun type teams.
To me they folded under our pressure.
Yes watch the reserves game. Also watched the Suns Eagles game last week. I thought the Suns were vulnerable when the Eagles pressure was high, so always thought we were a chance.

I thought our pressure was good all game. Interestingly the tv showed the pressure gauge twice.

First time ours was average iirc, Suns was terrible. Commentators said something like “ours appeared low because we were in control and the suns were not applying pressure”. The second time when the Suns started to lift abit, ours was very high.

So I’m not sure if the Suns folded under pressure or their lack of pressure allowed us to really get our game going. (Except goal kicking)

Anyway I really enjoyed the game and hope one way or another the Suns played us into form.

So I’m not sure if the Suns folded under pressure or their lack of pressure allowed us to really get our game going. (Except goal kicking)

Anyway I really enjoyed the game and hope one way or another the Suns played us into form.
That is what the first half looked like to me.

Madden has also been rather unimpressive in the VFL.
I'd disagree there comrade, his foot passing has really improved, his making is really good, tackling has always been good, speed is unbelievable, even his decision making has improved, I've even detected a decent amount of mongrel creeping in too. He also looks like he's been working out with Matho lately.....he looks huge. For me he looks like he's improving as Starcevich is plateauing.
My knock on Madden is he's a bit passive. I want him to realize that he could dominate and be that running back that Starce isn't.

Gardiners injury however means we cant afford for Andrews and Payne to get injured and even to a lesser extent Lester.
Not that I rate him at all (wished we’d have taken Harry Arnold instead) but we do have Darragh Joyce as a last resort or even Brandon Ryan (not sure if he’s ever played back) as potential KPD options in the event we need another KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back