Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Dockers in Perth Round 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Lets forget about the Pineapple Grapple and move on.

Probably our worst performance since round 1 v Port today, the Suns just ran us ragged, a worrying sign IMO, hopefully it was just a bad day, all teams have them although it is getting close to finals.

Outs- Kai Lohmann, Jack Gunston.

Ins- Dev Robertson, Zac Bailey.

We need another mid and give Dev a go, at least you know he will have a red hot crack.

I have been a huge proponent for Cam but Rayner on notice, he is way too spasmodic with his output.

Last edited:
I’m only counting on the fact that weirdly dockers away form has been better than at home, loose next week and we can kiss top 4 goodbye, a lot of very hungry teams on our heels.

How many more chances does Zorko get? McInerney totally destroyed by a gun ruckman again, he doesn't seem up to it in big games. So many bad players tonight but the big one - Rayner - this was his time to shine and he went full Prior, he needs to be dropped.

What I would do:
Out - McInerney, Rayner, Zorko
In - Fort, Bailey, Dev

What I think will happen:
Out - Fletcher, Lohmann, Wilmott
In - Lyons, Rich, Gardiner

How many more chances does Zorko get? McInerney totally destroyed by a gun ruckman again, he doesn't seem up to it in big games. So many bad players tonight but the big one - Rayner - this was his time to shine and he went full Prior, he needs to be dropped.

What I would do:
In - Fort, Bailey, Dev

No way in the world Wilmot goes out and more than likely not Fletcher either after 1 down game.

Out: Gunston, Lohmann
In: Bailey, Cockatoo/Robertson

Rayner to play third tall, Bailey to split time on the ball, wing and forward.

I am so sick of Zorko and his pathetic antics. He shouldn’t be playing on ball and frankly I think we need to move on from him as a mid.

Gunston did his best tonight but it reaffirmed we are too tall. Rayner is clearly not going to get proper time on the ball due to coaching or fitness, so he needs to play a role he can consistently impact and that is the third tall role.

Lohmann did well and applied more pressure than I expected from him. Wish we could give him more time but sadly Zorko has to play and he’s the right choice to come out for Bailey. Ultimately, need someone in that role who can play midfield.

Roberson to come in and play as a pressure forward and mid. Will stick tackles if nothing else.

Would also like to see Cocky get a chance if we want someone who can apply pressure but also win contested ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_20230729_201315_AFL.jpg

Rayner given a paltry 4 CBAs and won two of four centre clearances. Meanwhile we persisted for four quarters with Zorko who had no positive impact on the ball. Granted his pressure is decent, his impact was next to none and a coaching blunder - not in hindsight but in confirmation of what many feared if Zorko played on ball.

Meanwhile Cam is still stuck in no man's land, not playing as a third tall or as a centre bounce mid.

In a game where Neale is tagged, Dunkley is carrying the midfield and we are crying out for clearances and inside 50s, we did not use Rayner near enough.

Probably wouldn't have changed the result, but we absolutely must learn from this.

Was
View attachment 1758961

Rayner given a paltry 4 CBAs and won two of four centre clearances. Meanwhile we persisted for four quarters with Zorko who had no positive impact on the ball. Granted his pressure is decent, his impact was next to none and a coaching blunder - not in hindsight but in confirmation of what many feared if Zorko played on ball.

Meanwhile Cam is still stuck in no man's land, not playing as a third tall or as a centre bounce mid.

In a game where Neale is tagged, Dunkley is carrying the midfield and we are crying out for clearances and inside 50s, we did not use Rayner near enough.

Probably wouldn't have changed the result, but we absolutely must learn from this.

We were doing pretty well in clearances for the first 3 quarters

What I would do:
In - Fort, Bailey, Dev

Those ins. 🤣🤣🤣

Best comedy goes to ...

At least I hope that's a comedy.

View attachment 1758961

There has to be a reason why we are still reluctant to use him in there, especially in a game where we were down on numbers. He trained as a permanent mid prior to the knee and looked good, what’s happened?

There has to be a reason why we are still reluctant to use him in there, especially in a game where we were down on numbers. He trained as a permanent mid prior to the knee and looked good, what’s happened?

Rayner needs to play as midfielder for extended run. Learn what his deficiencies are and be given the chance to fix them. He is stifled.

He isn't the half forward who is going to change games, especially he who I should not mention is in the team.

I get his fitness is not likely to play full time on ball but there is no reason I can think of that he couldn't start in the centre and rotate forward with the likes of Linc, Bailey and Zorko.

Rayner needs to play as midfielder for extended run. Learn what his deficiencies are and be given the chance to fix them. He is stifled.

He isn't the half forward who is going to change games, especially he who I should not mention is in the team.

I think he should be aiming to be a Toby Greene not a Dusty Martin

I know Rayner is only 23 and Dusty didn't win a brownlow until he was 26 but Rayner has come close to playing a good game as a midfielder

That being said he's a woeful set shot which will hold him back

Maybe backline was his spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back