Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v North in the Adelaide Hills Round 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce was the victim of the “Jamarra, we (the AFL) will wrap our arms around you, make up game” unfortunately.

Jamarra only had run in to Joyce, or push off Joyce, and the umps whistled for a free kick to Jamarra.
I'm still confused why JUH was lauded for his game against us and how special the moment was that replicated what Niky Winmar did at Victoria Park, what I understand was a venue and club that Winmar had been racially abused for many years.

Where Im confused is that JUH lifted his jumper at Marvel against the Lions, who have never racially abused him and at a venue in front of his home crowd.

How is that symbol similar or brave compared to what Winmar went through.

The whole JUH thing the other week was utterly ingratiating.

I'm still confused why JUH was lauded for his game against us and how special the moment was that replicated what Niky Winmar did at Victoria Park, what I understand was a venue and club that Winmar had been racially abused for many years.

Where Im confused is that JUH lifted his jumper at Marvel against the Lions, who have never racially abused him and at a venue in front of his home crowd.

How is that symbol similar or brave compared to what Winmar went through.

The whole JUH thing the other week was utterly ingratiating.

I don’t think it was about us at all. He was racially abused last week, which is a terrible experience and I don’t think it’s diminished because it plausibly wasn’t as bad as what Winmar experienced. He did it as an FU to the racists campaigners out there who decided to vilify him based on his skin colour.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think it was about us at all. He was racially abused last week, which is a terrible experience and I don’t think it’s diminished because it plausibly wasn’t as bad as what Winmar experienced. He did it as an FU to the racists campaigners out there who decided to vilify him based on his skin colour.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thankfully in this day and age racism is the abhorrence of a very small minority of people, they get amplified and shamed when they indulge in it which is a good thing... shame is an underrated, underused deterrent IMO.

Joyce was the victim of the “Jamarra, we (the AFL) will wrap our arms around you, make up game” unfortunately.

Jamarra only had run in to Joyce, or push off Joyce, and the umps whistled for a free kick to Jamarra.

Yep, AFL wanted a redemption story line for that game. JUH lifting his jumper up would be played out all season.

Joyce was at the receiving end that day, he wasn't going to win that one regardless of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back