Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Port Adelaide Round 7 @ The Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this injury to Neale known yesterday or has this come out of the blue?

Asking because Dangerfield’s injury last week seemed innocuous and he played out the game but is now out for two months.

Hope Neale’s is not that bad.
His ankle went under him during a contest, he said after the game he heard a pop which is never a good sign.

the ankle injury occurred during the game. Went down the rooms and got a shot or something and ran out the game (even put in a big chase)

I guess with his lingering back problems this was a good decision. Get some more experience in our midfield, Zorko is firing and Lyons good. Hopefully Berry comes back strong, or Matho is up for the challenge.

This has been coming to be honest - I definitely back our medical teams approach and think they make a difference to soft tissue injuries, but avoiding injuries like this one or Cam doing an ACL is just luck.

In some ways this might be the year we have to have - hopefully depth players can stand up and we can battle our way into the 8, get a few players fit and make a charge. If we end up less reliant on lachie, that will strengthen us in the long run.

I feel for Port.

Who are they going to 'Terrorize' next week?
If they try it on Matho... Well, what's the record for free kicks received?

Neale was pretty quiet in our best win since 2004, last year against Richmond.

Really hurts though. Can’t afford our other mids having a quiet game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the fact it’s an operation .... this isn’t a 4-6 week issue, it’s an 8 week issue at best. It is what it is. But the thing is if we have to rely on him to be a contender .... are we a contender ?

Lachie Neale is one hell of a courageous and selfless player - he has obviously played under duress this year and then somehow managed to play thru the ankle injury on Saturday. The break will do him good and hopefully we see him back in the back half of the season.

The loss of Neale is either going to be a big blow or a blessing in disguise.

It is a blessing in disguise if more players step up and together take on his load. Someone, possibly Matho, gets an opportunity and makes the most of it and Neale comes back fully fit and refreshed.

In J.Berry Mathieson
Out Gardiner Neale

Maybe Tom Berry for Prior as well with Prior to switch to med sub?

I really hope Matho gets a chance out of this. I think people will be surprised how much he steps up and how well he plays with an extended run back in the seniors. He will be very, very hungry.

Matho looks a mature player now and from what I have seen plays like one too. His endurance seems much better than when he was just starting out. This might be the make or beak moment in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back