Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Port Adelaide Round 7 @ The Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fullarton in the ruck to have an extra 'midfielder'?

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Could he play as an extra midfielder without being deployed in the ruck? Probably doesn’t have the fitness at this stage and would make us very tall, but I rate his ground level ability but not so much the ruck work.

He really is just a midfielder trapped in a 200cm body.

Could he play as an extra midfielder without being deployed in the ruck? Probably doesn’t have the fitness at this stage and would make us very tall, but I rate his ground level ability but not so much the ruck work.

If he had a bit more speed, I would say go for it. But he does tend to just lope around a bit.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

In my opinion Tommy is too timid and not ready to play seniors. He hesitates too much and looks like he lacks the confidence to play at the highest level. No doubt he has the skills but needs more time in the VFL to gain self confidence in his abilities.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mathieson seems like the likely replacement. Does he still throw it on the boot and play for high free kicks?
boot not as much.. kicked a few goals on the weekend. A couple of nice ones. Although could of handed it off to someone.
Frees yes plays for them still and gets some. Rather play the ball then the free personally

I still think he more a Lyons type then a Neale type. Not anywhere as clean with his disposal by hand or foot

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Whilst Matho may likely replace Neale Cockatoo has the size and class to be a good replacement. Not sure on his fitness or level of match connection with the other midfielders.

If Ely has overcome his ankle injury he could replace Robinson.

I would be playing the bigger bodies against Port, Prior to miss.

Would not be playing CEY
Cockatoo was terrible in the Twos on Saturday. Started in the back pocket and looked completely disinterested. I hope we haven't bought another Fev.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out - Gardiner, Neale
In - JBerry, TBerry Sub - Sharp
If JBerry is still unfit bring Matho in.

Ah Chee or Prior can move into the backline. I'm conflicted here because I love the idea of Matho getting a crack. But I have been banging on about the need for JBerry to become a more permanent inside midfielder and for Dev or another young mid to get more mid time as opposed to running McCarthy, Cameron and Robbo through the middle. This seems a perfect opportunity to do that, having JBerry and Dev take over the midfield minutes of Neale.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I assume you watched his ruck work(?) in the Twos on the weekend. I think we can agree he isn't a ruckman.

Daniher can be the second ruck so I don't see why Fullarton is being discussed.

Cockatoo was terrible in the Twos on Saturday. Started in the back pocket and looked completely disinterested. I hope we haven't bought another Fev.
I doubt we're paying Cockatoo millions...

Big week for the club this week. Battling with injuries but it’s a really good chance to move up the ladder this week again.
With a win we could possibly move up to 5th on the ladder by the end of the week.
The 3 teams ahead of us on the ladder on percentage only are Richmond, Freo and Sydney.
Richmond play the Bulldogs, so no guaranteed win for Richmond.
Freo play West Coast (likely West Coast win as they will be fuming)
And Sydney play Geelong at Sydney but not in the form they were.

All important for our boys to come out firing against Port this week and show that we are not the Lachie Neale Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralphy2017

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Next 6 games at least without Lachie, I'd be reasonably happy if we come out of it with 3 wins >

Port Adelaide @ Gabba.
Fremantle @ Perth.
Suns @ Metricon.
Richmond @ Gabba.
Giants @ Gabba.
Melbourne @ Darwin.

Ollie Wines has been in terrific form, worried he could do a Cripps2019version on us Saturday night.
I would be very happy if we get 3 wins.

Fagenslions36

All Australian
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
highly doubt j Berry will be fit . Had multiple soft tissue injuries last month . Presume they will get him right before rushing back . Gonna have our work cut out trying to beat port . Answorth should come into consideration to lock down a rozee , Motlop type .

Out - Gardiner, Neale
In - JBerry, TBerry Sub - Sharp
If JBerry is still unfit bring Matho in.

Ah Chee or Prior can move into the backline. I'm conflicted here because I love the idea of Matho getting a crack. But I have been banging on about the need for JBerry to become a more permanent inside midfielder and for Dev or another young mid to get more mid time as opposed to running McCarthy, Cameron and Robbo through the middle. This seems a perfect opportunity to do that, having JBerry and Dev take over the midfield minutes of Neale.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I assume you watched his ruck work(?) in the Twos on the weekend. I think we can agree he isn't a ruckman.

Did you watch the Collingwood game? Didn’t hurt us too much then

beardancer

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I only watched till half time but Fullarton really impressed me. He was close to bog He just needs to be more desperate. At present he hangs of defensively like the basketballer that he is.

Cockatoo looked more comfortable when he moved into the midfield after Rhys was taken out of the game. Don't think he's a natural back flanker. In any case, he's not ready to play seniors yet.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cockatoo looked more comfortable when he moved into the midfield after Rhys was taken out of the game. Don't think he's a natural back flanker. In any case, he's not ready to play seniors yet.

Was pretty tough on the defenders in that first quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back