Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Port Adelaide Round 7 @ The Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Jarrod Berry to step up and command an inside midfield role.

I’ve been largely disappointed with JBerry’s development over the last two seasons.

Younger brother might go past him in the next two seasons.

I am not trying to be provocative but I thought the commentary on the TV was very good.

They talk the game up of course. When we kicked the first goal of the last quarter to go five up, do people expect the commentators to say, "That's it. Very little chance from here for Carlton"?

Harris has been unbelieveable since coming to the club. A bad start to season 2021 doesn't give supporters free range to start smashing him and his effort. Maybe get behind him with support instead of getting behind him to kick him is what may help....probably not!
I think everyone is behind him but when you see what appears to be a poor attitude on occasions you just comment on it.

Plus it's uncharacteristic. So something's up. Maybe he's carrying something ,maybe there are other issues.

Everyone respects who he is and what he's done but once you go out and play you're free game for comment on your performance.

I’ve been largely disappointed with JBerry’s development over the last two seasons.

Ever since he did his shoulder his skill level and awareness seems to have taken a backward step.

Still have high hopes for him. Now's the time to become a key player.

I think everyone is behind him but when you see what appears to be a poor attitude on occasions you just comment on it.

Plus it's uncharacteristic. So something's up. Maybe he's carrying something ,maybe there are other issues.

Everyone respects who he is and what he's done but once you go out and play you're free game for comment on your performance.
His effort for the the club & the enjoyment he's given us as supporters should allow him some credit, not call for him to be dropped.(& other BS comments)

Sad but true in regards to JBerry. He and Hugh were level pegging and Hugh has gone straight past him with his development and output. Not sure about TBerry but Jarrod should be looking over his shoulder as Dev is the one for me.

His effort for the the club & the enjoyment he's given us as supporters should allow him some credit, not call for him to be dropped.(& other BS comments)
Of course. No one sensible is calling for him to be dropped . I think the guy who said that was half joking.

He's got plenty of credits in the bank. He's our vice captain.

From my perspective just wondering what the issue is.

I am not trying to be provocative but I thought the commentary on the TV was very good.

They talk the game up of course. When we kicked the first goal of the last quarter to go five up, do people expect the commentators to say, "That's it. Very little chance from here for Carlton"?

I expect them to get player names correct at least most of the time.

I expect not to have to listen to Eddie's pro 'PROUD VICTORIAN CLUB' nonsense.

I expect not to have to listen to Derwayne because his idioms and expressions are very very stupid.

I expect them to get player names correct at least most of the time.

I expect not to have to listen to Eddie's pro 'PROUD VICTORIAN CLUB' nonsense.

I expect not to have to listen to Derwayne because his idioms and expressions are very very stupid.
I would like them to have read the rules. I have been an educator of cricket umpires and have a son a lawyer. If you yell 'ball' at our house you are asked under what part of the rules are you appealing to with your call. This show a lack of any depth in their knowledge.

I think you have become sick of Derwayne as you have heard the same idioms too often.

I think they gave an appealing mood feel with their call.

If you yell 'ball' at our house you are asked under what part of the rules are you appealing to with your call.

Going to do this in the next match thread. See how long it takes dlanod to threadban me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar is most effective in the ruck when he's taking the ball out if the air himself. Maybe we'll see more of that
Also when he thumps it forward . Not that we seem to be running on to it.

I actually think he is improving in his ruckwork and at his age there's still a good hope he'll get there. Improved on last year.

I thought Daniher's ruckwork on Saturday was poor compared to his previous efforts but he offers something extra around the ground

Going to do this in the next match thread. See how long it takes dlanod to threadban me.

Do it at the game. See how long it takes the guy behind you to glass you.

Oscar is most effective in the ruck when he's taking the ball out if the air himself. Maybe we'll see more of that

I actually think he is improving in his ruckwork and at his age there's still a good hope he'll get there. Improved on last year.

I thought Daniher's ruckwork on Saturday was poor compared to his previous efforts but he offers something extra around the ground
Definitely, love the thump forward ah la Mr September, AKA Clark Keating.

Yeah that too but he doesn't get the chance too often. Hopefully our forwards play in front and we can just hack it forward to them and take the territory

Yeah that too but he doesn't get the chance too often. Hopefully our forwards play in front and we can just hack it forward to them and take the territory
Mids don't even have to pick it up, just thump it along or kick it off the ground.

I think Stef was always at Oscar to get in front at the boundary throw ins because a lot of the time the ball comes in short and you're in best position to get a free if nothing else.

Something Oscar has yet to work out.

Fair way out still, but it looks like we are in for another wet game this weekend. That'll be our first three home games for the year rain-affected - wonder if that's a record?

Regardless, it seemed to work for us against Essendon so perhaps it will again.

Fair way out still, but it looks like we are in for another wet game this weekend. That'll be our first three home games for the year rain-affected - wonder if that's a record?

Regardless, it seemed to work for us against Essendon so perhaps it will again.
Slippery under foot, under the roof on Saturday night too.

I cannot believe how people turned so quickly on him.
Give him some time to adjust to the new game style. Think fast ball movement caught him out.
He still doing well McKay is hot at the moment.
not sure what injury he carrying most AFL players carry something as well.

I'd prefer Mathieson over Jarrod Berry to be honest.
Honestly, Bez has had a poor year so far. Injury probably still bothering him. I'd also play Matho right now and get Bez to return though the VFL.

Do it at the game. See how long it takes the guy behind you to glass you.
I don't think they allow glass in grounds anymore.

I'd replace Lachie with the match day emcee. Won't win a game, but at least getting her away from the microphone would save both my ears and my sanity.

Hear hear( Oh, the irony, eh?)

That screaming banshee hurts my ears and gives me a headache. I wish she would shut up for a while.

If it was just the pre-match it wouldn't be so bad , even though it takes some serious decibels to drown out Thunderstruck.

But Then it continues with even more frenetic and manic behavior during all the breaks.

Why do we need to be subjected to this American style crowd motivation bullshit?

Yeah, I probably sound like a grumpy old man but I feel a lot better for getting that off my chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back