Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Port, Round 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I hope you feel free to post in this thread on the Port board:

There’s a couple of you that know that I love you, and if you’re nice I’ll do my best to welcome and protect any of you.

There’s a couple of you that know that I love you, and if you’re nice I’ll do my best to welcome and protect any of you.

* Off.

;)

Which poses the question, if Hippy, Hodge and the rest of the team pull up fine who goes out for the big O? Or does O play in the NEAFL?
Hippy's knee looks twice the size. Highly unlikely he will be travelling to Adelaide. Suffice to say that The Big O comes in for Eric this week.

Going to be an interesting game this week. I actually think we match up better against Port than GWS. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port play that ‘run and gun’ style of play and we were shown up by that style against Bombers and to some extent the Pies. We have tweaked our play coming out of the back half where we are more careful with our ball use and backing in our contested style of ball if we don’t take first possession. Omac is important to this style as was Hipwood (he surely will miss) so that will need to be considered. I also feel that we are better at stopping that type of play as well. GWS in the first quarter switched looking for that run and got it but it was less evident after. Structurally I also feel that we are better to not allow the corridor so if teams do get a run it’s from a wing and defensively this limits their ball entry to that side of the oppositions inside fixity making it easier for our defenders as well. Like most games this will be won at the coal face and we have been one of the better teams. For me it will come down to Ports ‘emotional output’ versus the Lions ‘game style and structure’. This means that their wins versus Cats and Crows were based on ‘getting up for the game’ and not sure if their style is considered sustainable. Lions game style has changed markedly and that ‘run and gun’ is now gone for a more mature (possibly more boring) style looking after the ball and owning it so defensively if their is a turnover we are covered defensively. Should be a good game overall and obviously hope we win but two away wins will be very difficult. Send the message Lions!

I did and quite enjoyed the experience. Everyone on the Port board appears to have their own teeth and nobody keyed my car. I did notice a few mullets though.

Last edited:
It would be the most anti-Fagan thing ever to drop Adams based off one game.

I can see Oscar coming in for Hipwood as a late change on game-day.
Unless you are Keays 🧐

Just read over the Port board. Just a reminder to not start too much of an argument over there, because it is their board.

On a separate note, the person who said Hartlett could take Robbo has no idea ;P.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mum started her treatment yesterday, and we've got tickets to this game (I fly down Thursday night). The boys have to win. End of story. Nothing else will suffice.

I've missed that your mum isn't well- Good luck to your mum for whatever treatment she is undergoing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port aren’t exactly a tall team. Think Dixon, Howard and Westhoff are their tallest forwards so Harris, dizzy and Lester could cover them.

I’d probably leave Adams up forward and bring in Starce for hodge and Big O for hippy.

Greg Swann just said on SEN that Hodge and Hipwood are more unlikely than likely for this week’s game.

Walker for Hipwood. Play him as a leading high forward. Big O comes in and Adams drops back to the ressies to gain touch.

O for Hippy and Hinge for Hodge would be my preference, although I think they'll go Starcevich for Hodge.

Starcevich probably looks more suited to a defensive role than Hinge. Looked less exposed when it was hot in defence. Hinge looks better up the ground.

Walker for Hipwood. Play him as a leading high forward. Big O comes in and Adams drops back to the ressies to gain touch.
PS - if Hodge doesn’t play it I would play Robertson. He appears to be in form and is experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back