Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linc replacement:
Lohmann maybe Cockatoo but they have not played him at AFL level since round 20 last year.
Ah Chee:
If they want more experience on the field, they could go Lyons but that would move Dev to wing, forward and some mid relief.
We have players that can play various roles so we could fit in Sharp or Prior easily enough too.

Understand the concern we may go into this lightly after a big win against Pies but we still have a guaranteed top 2 spot and undefeated H&A season at the Gabba to play for!

I think the same could be said for the Saints having had a great win over Geelong locking in a finals spot, they may be patting themselves on the back as much as us. They are still playing for a guaranteed home elimination final though so they have just as much to play for.

TLDR - us and the Saints are in almost identical mental states heading into this game and being at the Gabba with top 2 on the line I expect us to get it done. Fagan and the coaching staff will ensure the players are fully aware of the opportunity in front of them and I expect senior players such as Zorko, Neale, Andrews, Cameron ect. to be 100% motivated to not let such a great opportunity slip after the heartbreak of some of our finals losses in recent years.

Aren't the steaks medium well done for them Nuney, they are playing for a home elimination final. Otherwise they risk going to Sydney.

No way. They shouldn't even be in finals so they're just happy to be there and do as we say 😎

Hardly watched St Kilda this season (can't think why) and didn't watch much of them the other the night; but from what I did see, they looked like a side with a bit of a whiff in the nostrils and playing with the sort of energy that could easily win them a couple of finals. Will need to be switched on right from the gecko.

Not going easy this week, but suspect Linc might miss. Lohmann the logical in but not quite like for like. Without a third tall we rely on Rayner and Linc to bring it to ground. They can both split a pack really well for their size. Linc also once again proved he is the best set shot in our side with a key goal in the third quarter.

Assuming we have a full team to choose from in the first final i'll be interested to see who we go with. The side we put out v Pies would seem to be the default. The big question is - should Lyons be picked? Looked quite good when he came on. Gives us another pure mid. But where do we play him otherwise, and do we lose too much defensive run if Dev is out for Lyons?

I think at the bare minimum Lyons should be our sub - every game is mainly decided on midfield. If we are getting smacked he allows us to change things up. My issue with starting him in the 22 is i don't think he does that well in other positions. So who misses out on midfield time as a result? Logically McCluggae but has he been in great form in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back