Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v the Bombers Round 17. (10 day break)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Hipwood may be in trouble at the tribunal so if he goes out Fort would be my pick as a replacement, Cockatoo played his best game in a while so he would be a replacement for Zorko my last pick would be Wilmott who has been playing consistently in the ressies. I think Prior goes straight into the side after being an emergency and he is a replacement for Rich or can play wing. McStays form has been worrying over the past few,weeks and to me his form does not dictate playing in the team but I hope that he turns it around soon. It seems like his mind is not on the job like he’s distracted or something. We really do need him at his best for the end of the season. Our last four games are going to test us and decide whether we end up in the top 2. The top 2 is our best chance for a grand final as,we,should get two home games

Big decisions coming, especially around Zorko. Third injury this year of related issues (calf/hamstring /Achilles). His body is going through some serious challenges.

Runners often retired due to exactly these series of injuries. The elasticity is no longer able to recover sufficiently to continue performing at the elite level. And distance running is less stressful to soft tissue than repeat spirits in AFL. Sad.

Even if he gets through training, like this week, I don't trust that he can make it through a game.

In home and away games, we can take the risk. But finals? Is his game so good that one quarter of him is greater than having to play our sub from the first quarter?

Or do we need to start planning for a no Zorko finals series, and reset the mid field structure? Cause what we currently do does not work without him.
I think we have the depth to cover Zorko in the short term, but need him fit and firing in finals,

Fort for Hipwood if required, Prior a lock for Rich and Dev Robertson for Zorko. Dev is the future in the midfield and needs games in there. No point playing him on a forward flank or wing. He's a midfielder. Starred there as a junior and at the U18 Champs. That why was he was a coveted draft pick. That's why he was WA Captain. He has the ability and strength to be our Clayton Oliver if given the opportunity in his correct position. With Zorks and Lyons on the twilight side of their careers we need to get the games into him now.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It'd be too gutsy to drop him , we need to get these last few weeks out of him at a higher work rate which I'm sure they're trying to do. Our other hope is that Fullarton is a late maturer who gets stronger. His last Senior game was about the Dan standard 3 years ago.

Fullarton played little footy between the ages of 15-19 in favour of basketball (after making All-Australian at the U15 carnival while in our academy). You'd expect he may have some more development in him than your typical 23yo key position prospect who followed a more traditional pathway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back