Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v the Giants, Round 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I am in the habit of starting these each week now... not much to say, should go in unchanged, possible changes/talking points.

1- Does Fort stay in or do we go smaller against Giants?
2- Does Gardiner come back in.. for Joyce?
3- Lyons? If so for who?
4- Does Gunston come straight back in after a rest... for who?

It will not happen but if it was up to me I would bring Prior in for Rich.

I’d give Dizz one more week in the ressies before making the swap with Joyce. No need to rush Gardiner back with Joyce holding his own for the time being.

I do like the resting/rotation of the senior players so in keeping with that I too would like to see Gunston come back in, with Oscar having a rest and Fort taking the ruck duties.

Probably unlikely that happens so I think it’ll just be the Gunston for Fort swap.

Not a game anyone should be dropped after. Only changes should be for injuries or management/tactical.

GWS have Flynn who is ok but not a great ruck. So could bring Gunston back in for one of the rucks. Either manage Oscar or Fort back out.

Lyons (against my judgement but he's played well in the twos), Dev, Answerth and Prior all sound like they've been playing well and could come in if anyone needs a rest.

Could manage Zorko or one of the kids in Ashcroft or Wilmot. Neither are playing badly but need to not wear them out over a long year

Not a game anyone should be dropped after. Only changes should be for injuries or management/tactical.

GWS have Flynn who is ok but not a great ruck. So could bring Gunston back in for one of the rucks. Either manage Oscar or Fort back out.

Lyons (against my judgement but he's played well in the twos), Dev, Answerth and Prior all sound like they've been playing well and could come in if anyone needs a rest.

Could manage Zorko or one of the kids in Ashcroft or Wilmot. Neither are playing badly but need to not wear them out over a long year

I think Zorko would be fine since he didn’t play round 1. We also just had a 9 day break so I think most would be feeling alright. I’d love to see Prior and Robertson come in if any are rested though.

I actually feel like Fort should play and Gunston should stay out. He took four contested marks with most coming earlier on when the game was closer. He may be what we need more than Gunston who is less proficient in that area. Don’t mind too much though as long as Joe stays as the backup ruck.

No forced changes for me and maybe even keep Lyons as sub. If not him then Dev or Prior.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Lyons remain the sub? He was great for the little time he was on the field. It allowed Dunkley to float up forward too.

Does Lyons remain the sub? He was great for the little time he was on the field. It allowed Dunkley to float up forward too.
I think we will rotate the sub between Dev, Lyons, Fort, AhChee, Prior, Answerth, Sharp, Tunstill etc.
Can’t have 1 player as the sub all the time otherwise they would barely be playing football.

I thought Fort added a bit more than Gunston has, can't really see any need for changes. As a massive fan of Rich, I am concerned about how he fits in for the whole year. There wasn't a great deal I saw him deliver that was Rich-only, and a few times saw him wander in to positions and not really want to receive. There's few as deserving of a flag as him, but he needs to find something extra.

I thought Fort added a bit more than Gunston has, can't really see any need for changes. As a massive fan of Rich, I am concerned about how he fits in for the whole year. There wasn't a great deal I saw him deliver that was Rich-only, and a few times saw him wander in to positions and not really want to receive. There's few as deserving of a flag as him, but he needs to find something extra.
I'd like to see Richy in a big game against strong opposition before jumping to any conclusions. Right now he's just contributing what he needs to. It's a long year. Who knows he might have an extra gear under his belt when it counts.

I watched a fair chunk of the Giants v Hawks, we should be destroying the Giants next weekend, another percentage booster.

I’m glad they won. A loss to a team that is tanking would be painful to go up against next week.

Once again I'd be happy to see no changes.

But-- I don't think GWS have a strong ruck so I can see Fort out n Gunston back in. I like the 2 rucks in the team v a strong ruck or ruck combo, maybe not necessary v Giants. I really like what Fort adds around the ground and fwd, I'd keep him in.

-- I certainly hope Gardiner isn't brought back in. Reading the Vfl thread no-one was raving about his game. Neither Payne or Joyce deserve to be dropped, they have held their own very well. For a cpl of blokes that had only played 27 and 13 games at the start of the season they are going great guns. I think Darcy will have to wait for an injury or some truly bad form.

-- I wouldn't have brought Rich back into the team v North but now he is back he deserves the opportunity to get some form over the next few weeks. I've been a big fan of Rich his whole career, I hope he can come back and contribute well but if a tough decision needs to be made for the good of the team down the track it should be done.

-- I think Lyons was adequate v a poor North, to say he was very good or great is a bit of an over-reach I think. And considering there's no injuries or anyone playing bad enough to need replacing I think its back to the Vfl for a full game. I hope we keep doing this with the subs, I think in the past we've kept playing with the same sub and he's been missing so much game time and it's cost them form and an opportunity to improve. Maybe Tom Berry was caught in that trap for example. Prior, Dev, Ah Chee, Answerth, Tunstill and a few others have been performing well in the Vfl, I'm good with any of them getting the Sub gig. Horses for courses with that selection. Reading the Vfl thread, Fletcher has had a cpl of very good games, I wonder how long it will be before he gets a shot. I'm not saying this week but if he strings another 3 or 4 big games together I'd like to see what he can offer.

I do hope we stick with the same team and that the sub is the only change but unfortunately I think the Fort/Gunston change will happen. I will have an unprecedented melt if Gardiner is brought in for Joyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back