Unofficial Preview Changes/Discussion v WCE Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder! We still need a handful of preview writers for coming weeks - Melbourne, Gold Coast (BRAB?), and Adelaide!

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Might have a few guys carrying a few injuries / Linc missing with suspension, so might be a few changes next week.

I didn’t like hearing the ground announcer say last night, words to the effect of “if this is what we did to Richmond can you imagine what we’ll do to WCE”. Will be hard enough for the players to get up for this game as it is let alone everyone telling them all week it’ll be 100+ point margin.

With all that said I would go:
Out: AhChee (injured), Linc (suspended)
In: Zorko and Lohmann.

Wouldn’t be against Payne having a week off either if that ankle is still giving him problems, and if Dunkley doesn’t get up with that calf then Lyons can have a run in this game.

I was thinking it would be nice to give Oscar a bit of a rest too but I think we’ll have enough forced changes without having to make to many more.

Last edited:

Might have a few guys carrying a few injuries / Linc missing with suspension, so might be a few changes next week.

I didn’t like hearing the ground announcer say last night, words to the effect of “if this is what we did to Richmond can you imagine what we’ll do to WCE”. Will be hard enough for the players to get up for this game as it is let alone everyone telling them all week it’ll be 100+ point margin.

With all that said I would go:
Out: AhChee (injured), Linc (suspended)
In: Zorko and Lohmann.

Wouldn’t be against Payne having a week off either if that ankle is still giving him problems, and if Dunkley doesn’t get up with that calf then Lyons can have a run in this game.

I was thinking it would be nice to give Oscar a bit of a rest too but I think we’ll have enough forced changes without having to make to many more.

Oh my god, the ground announcer needs to soosh. He kept trying to mozz us all night. First about how many goals players would kick in the remaining 3 quarters then comments about WCE. It was hard to listen to.

Need to be as ruthless as we were last night and really destroy the Eagles, I would be giving anyone with a bit of a niggle a rest.

Outs- Callum Ah Chee(concussion), Josh Dunkley(managed), Jack Payne(managed).

Ins- Dayne Zorko, Darragh Joyce, James Madden.

Dev Robertson to take a chunk of Dunkley's time on ball.

In: Zorko, Lyons, Joyce
Out: Ah Chee (Concussion), Dunkley (Managed), Payne (Managed)

If Dunkley is 100% fit, he plays. Same with Payne. I’m not a fan of giving blokes a week off if they are fit. If they are less than 100% they shouldn’t be selected. Playing blokes who are carrying niggles is a mistake that usually worsens their physical issues. We have the depth, so let’s use it.

Oh my god, the ground announcer needs to soosh. He kept trying to mozz us all night. First about how many goals players would kick in the remaining 3 quarters then comments about WCE. It was hard to listen to.
I thought he was the worst we've ever had and we all sat through Blondie last year.

Cocky could get Lincs role. We seem to be rotating the reserves through the seniors for experience

Hopefully Ah Chee recovers fine and comes straight back in
I thought he'd be a good option this week to give him a game and see how he goes in those roles up forward, although pretty sure he & Fullerton picked up injuries last week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stage is set to see supporters from both teams melt this week.

The Lions after we barely turn up and win by 24.

And the Eagles after Dev re-signs and those who had already engraved his name on a locker at Mineral Resources Park come out with comments such as ‘thank goodness’ and ‘didn’t want him anyway’ and ‘C grade at best’.

This is exactly the sort of game I bang on about where we should be looking to rest or rotate a few players. All depends who is a little banged up or facing suspension (Linc).

Assuming that Ah Chee (concussion) and Linc (Suspended though he could get a fine) would go out for Zorko and Lohman. I'd actually consider resting Linc even if not suspended as he has looked banged up a lot this year

You could rest Oscar to give Fort a full game but I also wouldnt mind testing the dual rucks more before we play Melbourne.

Dunkley could be rested for Lyons, Payne for Joyce could be options depending how they are feeling.

I'd also look at any of Ashcroft, Wilmot, Fletcher if they needed a rest. I wouldnt want to drop them but I am aware that the younger guys can drop off at the back end of the year. Giving them chances for a refresher isnt a bad thing

But I wouldnt want to be making more than 3 changes so it all depends on the forced changes and how they all pull up

Don't think we will (or should) make wholesale changes.
They seem to be rewarding VFL performances with rotating players through the team. Would like to see Fullarton or Madden get a run.

Assuming Linc and Callum are both out, you would think Zorko comes straight in. Ah Chee was playing as a forward so perhaps Lohmann comes back in - you would think he has a chance to break his scoring duck.
If Payne is sore, then Joyce could do a job against WCE.

If we're making 3 enforced changes, can't really see there will be much more change. We need to manage our process and ensure we put the hammer down from the start

The WEagles still have an extensive injury list. They only have two recognised tall forwards in Allan & Darling, and one recognised tall defender in Barrass. The rest will be kids.

Hurn is cooked, so to Gaff. And Cripps and Darling are almost cooked.

Honestly this game should be a percentage booster, and a few WEagles posters already saying we should win by 200+.

Plus they’ll be coming off a six day break, and a 4.5 hour flight.

Assuming worst case:

Lyons for Dunkley
Zorko for Ah Chee
Kai for Linc
Answerth or the Shadow Realm as sub

If even worse than that:

Gardiner for Payne

Don't know it'll be +100 points or even close to. We tend to only work as hard as we need to when we sense we're a superior team. I predict a lot of handballing to teammates with flat feet.

That was an almighty cringe. Nearly as bad as when he referred to Jaspa Fletcher's old man Dustin.

Don't know it'll be +100 points or even close to. We tend to only work as hard as we need to when we sense we're a superior team. I predict a lot of handballing to teammates with flat feet.

From memory it took a 6 or 7 goal term for us to blow the eagles out last year when they went super defensive and clogged up their D50? I expect at least a 10 goal margin which is actually all the Dees and Pies had against the eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back