Unofficial Preview Changes/Discussion v WCE Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder! We still need a handful of preview writers for coming weeks - Melbourne, Gold Coast (BRAB?), and Adelaide!

briztoon Has Fletcher shown this form at VFL level or has he stepped up? His decision making and kicking has been really good. Looks classy for someone so inexperienced.
Mate, I’m one of the last posters to ask about VFL form, as I don’t get to watch a lot.

But as Dalions said, he’s always been a good user and good decision maker.

The big thing for wings, is they have to be used and fed the ball by team mates, for them to have a big impact.

Since McCluggage has moved inside, we rarely have looked to use our wings, even when they are wide open and appear to be the best option.

Rather our wings have had a defensive role at stoppages and centre bounces, rather than being a genuine offensive option.

Mate, I’m one of the last posters to ask about VFL form, as I don’t get to watch a lot.

But as Dalions said, he’s always been a good user and good decision maker.

The big thing for wings, is they have to be used and fed the ball by team mates, for them to have a big impact.

Since McCluggage has moved inside, we rarely have looked to use our wings, even when they are wide open and appear to be the best option.

Rather our wings have had a defensive role at stoppages and centre bounces, rather than being a genuine offensive option.

I reckon in the last couple of games, with our 2 tall forward setup and run out of the backline, we have been using the wings a lot more. And we are a better team for it.

Below our form v Eagles since we become relevant. Taken from footywire.
The last time we played the Eagles away was July 2017.

Can we get a crowd of 25K plus for this Saturday afternoon game with kids admitted free.

2022: 19,331 Sat 7.25 pm
2021: 21,845 Sat 4.35 pm
2020: No crowd due to covid
2019: 20,029 Sat 7.20 pm

1688343817703.png

Hadn't Lachie kicked 1.8 this season before Thursdays game?

Without checking I feel like a great majority of lachies shots have been really low percentage in general play pings. I can’t recall him having too many set shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering if WC will have 23 fit listed players this week.
If you got slammed enough by injury/illness/the bus crashed etc and you only had say 16 players left on your list do you just play with 16 and no rotations?

(we could lend them Rich and Gunstan and Lyons and Blake, and Nakia and Matho ... and then feel like idiots when we lose!)

If you got slammed enough by injury/illness/the bus crashed etc and you only had say 16 players left on your list do you just play with 16 and no rotations?

(we could lend them Rich and Gunstan and Lyons and Blake, and Nakia and Matho ... and then feel like idiots when we lose!)
You run a raffle to let members of the crowd fill in the remaining spots.

My fitness levels require that I be a stay at home (preferably in the confines of the goal square) full forward

There would probably be an age limit otherwise that young'n that used to practice our missed set shots for 3KZ might get on and can you imagine the angst if he missed a sitter!

Squiggle (now taking into account the full round and the Eagles showing some heart)

Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions 126 - 60 West Coast
West Coast

Gabba (QLD)
HGA:
Brisbane Lions
+6.6 pts
Ins/Outs:
Brisbane Lions
+0.0 pts

Looking even pretier than before in the zone

1688354773454.png

I remember an U18s game I played in the other team had 16 so our coach decided to play 6 on the bench and 16 on the field. They proceeded to belt us. So in the 2nd qtr we played 18 on the field and they still belted us.

Ultra important that we play to our full capacity and don't come out with arrogance and hubris.

We played them in Perth in 2007 when they were something like $1.02 for the win and Hammo was imploring Lions supporters to watch some other"good" game, instead of subjecting themselves to watching Brisbane being utterly humiliated at the hands of the Eagles.

Result?

We rolled them in the upset of the season by 27 points

Nothing can be taken for granted in the AFL.

Hoping for a committed effort.

Last edited:
Ultra important that we play to our full capacity and don't come out with arrogance and hubris.

We played them in Perth in 2007 when they were something like $1.02 for the win and Hammo was imploring Lions supporters to watch some other"good" game, instead of subjecting themselves to watching Brisbane being utterly humiliated at the hands of the Eagles.

Result?

We rolled them in the upset of the season by 27 points

Nothing can be taken for granted in the AFL.

Hoping for a committed effort.
This game

A timely reminder.

Rich come back at all this season?
As someone who loves the bloke yes. But I think it might be a struggle unfortunately. His best is still good enough. Just a matter of if he can reach that level again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back