Unofficial Preview Changes/Discussion v WCE Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder! We still need a handful of preview writers for coming weeks - Melbourne, Gold Coast (BRAB?), and Adelaide!

Yep, I would prefer we give Dunkley's midfield role to Dev Robertson, Dev is also a gut running defensive player unlike Jarryd Lyons.

Out- McCarthy, Dunkley, Payne, Ah Chee(has Callum been officially ruled out for concussion?)

Ins- Lohmann, Joyce, Zorko, Madden/Tunstill.

Sub- Madden/Tunstill.

Outs - Ah Chee (protocols), McCarthy (suspended), Dunkley (cork??)

Ins - Zorko, Lolhmann (surely to get his first goal), Lyons.

I think I'd prefer Joyce over Dizzy if Payne doesn't get up. Wouldn't be surprised if they give Fort a whole game, but I'm liking the current forward set-up. I thinking one of either Rayner, Daniher, Hipwood or Charlie will get of the chain and kick 6+
Forgot about AhChee being out as well.

I also think that Kiddy is the one who is most under pressure for his spot with Daniel Rich sitting on the sidelines.
Especially considering it was him who was dropped the week before Rich got the flick.
Kiddy is starting to show the intensity and desperation that he was last year which is a good sign that he is stepping up, knowing that his job is on the line. If he continues to show that, he will make it very hard for Fages to make the change.

Kiddy doesn’t give consistent application especially when we don’t have the ball. Whereas Rich’s ability may have waned a bit but his application is consistent

Very surprised some would bring Joyce in for Payne rather than Dizzy. Lester has certainly taken Gardiner's spot for the moment, but there's no way Joyce has jumped him is there? They're pretty much the same height (1cm difference I think) so I'm not sure what basis people are preferring Joyce on.

Very surprised some would bring Joyce in for Payne rather than Dizzy. Lester has certainly taken Gardiner's spot for the moment, but there's no way Joyce has jumped him is there? They're pretty much the same height (1cm difference I think) so I'm not sure what basis people are preferring Joyce on.

Agree.

Also while I like what Lester is doing, I really want to see his performance against genuine top 8 opposition. St Kilda don’t count.

There was no application in trying to save a goal in the goal square in the Hawks game.
Was probably part of what made him un-pickable. (I know that’s not a word)
Just drop the hypnen and all good

English Dictionary Sentences Grammar

Definition of 'unpickable'​

Word Frequency

Uunpickablein British English
(ʌnˈpɪkəbəl IPA Pronunciation Guide )
ADJECTIVE
(of a lock, pocket, etc) not capable of being picked

It was an open training session this morning. With school holidays on, you could take your kids down to Springfield and watch.
But letting your younger brother take part in training, really!
Levi Ashcroft.jpg

Well at least we know team selection news for Rd 1 2025 - In - L Ashcroft (new)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

Also while I like what Lester is doing, I really want to see his performance against genuine top 8 opposition. St Kilda don’t count.
My feeling is that Joyce just plays a fair bit bigger. Seems a lot stronger (online suggests a lot heavier ALTHOUGH who knows in reality haha). Marcus Adams is 192cm but i would say plays a lot bigger / taller than Gardiner even though he is 194cm.

Anyway i totally get that it's a bit left-field. Gardiner has way more experience and at his best is clearly a better player. He just seems to struggle on bigger opponents at the moment and if say Payne was out and we were playing the cats i reckon i would go for Joyce.

Having said all this.... Whiting now saying Payne likely to play

It was an open training session this morning. With school holidays on, you could take your kids down to Springfield and watch.
But letting your younger brother take part in training, really!
View attachment 1728765

Well at least we know team selection news for Rd 1 2025 - In - L Ashcroft (new)
Going to have to practice my "Washcroft" and "Lashcroft".

I did once say that Lyons should only be coming in for Dunkley or Neale and I stick by that. Perfect time to get a game. Hope he does well.

If Zorko comes in for Linc then I would go Fort for Ah Chee. Good to try it again before the Melbourne game and lose some aerial prowess with both Linc and Ah Chee that Fort covers.

Does Andrews go direct to Allen (if Payne is out) and then Gardiner/Joyce play on the 2nd tall? I think Allen is playing extremely well and we need to shut him down to limit their scoring.

I've got nothing to add on Rich - I will be heartbroken for him if we win the flag this year and he's not part of it, but there's no denying we're playing stronger and faster without him right now.

Yep. In retrospect, we did him no favours selecting him during the back half / late stages of 2022 while he was carrying the Osteitis Pubis.

Thing is he was still pretty woeful earlier in the year before the OP allegedly started

Going to have to practice my "Washcroft" and "Lashcroft".

Have we decided on if it will be pronounced w-ashcroft vs wash-croft? I’m leaning towards wash-croft myself because it sounds funnier

Does Andrews go direct to Allen (if Payne is out) and then Gardiner/Joyce play on the 2nd tall? I think Allen is playing extremely well and we need to shut him down to limit their scoring.

I've got nothing to add on Rich - I will be heartbroken for him if we win the flag this year and he's not part of it, but there's no denying we're playing stronger and faster without him right now.
I reckon Payne will be fine so he will go to Allen and Lester to Darling and Harris to carve up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back