Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sproj

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't see an official preview thread, so mods feel free to delete once one is up but I want to discuss next week as it is a HUGE game.

Ideally, Melbourne win tonight and then we beat Melbourne next week because that would put us three games clear of fifth and top four would then basically be locked in but no point counting the chicken before they hatch.

Gunston obviously keeps his spot and rightly or wrongly, so does Zorko. But with Berry, Dunks, McCarthy as locks to come back in and maybe Ah Chee, who are the unlucky two in addition to Madden and Lyons? Dev will unfortunately likely be one but who is the other or do you leave Ah Chee out? This would also be a shame for Dev and I hope it doesn't happen.

And surely, surely Rich doesn't walk back in...surely...but I worry Gunston doing well against a woeful team might make Fagan do it and we go back to being too slow.

Dunkley is fine right ? Just wanted to watch his partner play in the netball final ?

He will come in for Lyons. McCarthy for Madden and Berry for Fletcher. Would have Ah Chee as sub.

HUGE! game.

I voted Gunston in the Fab 5 for todays game and he will be selected but I am still not convinced he will be up to it defensively against the top of the range teams. We were in 3rd gear most of the game and still destroyed the Eagles.

Gunston wont be omitted but my changes would be >

Outs- Jack Gunston, Jarryd Lyons, James Madden, Jaspa Fletcher.

Ins- Josh Dunkley, Callum Ah Chee, Jarrod Berry, Lincoln McCarthy.

Ah Chee got concussed at such an inopportune time, expecting him to be the one to miss out for Gunston to stay in.

Hopefully Jack doesn't get caught out too often on transition.

May as well, is there still a preview writer needed for this game?

Dunkley for Lyons (if Dunks is fit if not stick with Lyons).

Berry for Madden with Wilmot back down back. If Berry isn’t fit then Sharp for Madden and Wilmot down back again.

McCarthy for Robertson.

Ah Chee as the sub.

Seems like I can’t I’m sorry mods I didn’t see the other one don’t punish me

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'll post my thoughts in this one as well and see what happens >

HUGE! game.

I voted Gunston in the Fab 5 for todays game and he will be selected but I am still not convinced he will be up to it defensively against the top of the range teams. We were in 3rd gear most of the game and still destroyed the Eagles.

Ah Chee got concussed at such an inopportune time, expecting him to be the one to miss out for Gunston to stay in.

HUGE! game.

Surely Fletcher stays in, he's adding a lot to the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be the most likely from my suggested ins but I don't think he makes the side anyway as Gunston wont be dropped.
We don't have another player like Cal. Totally team focused , applies defensive pressure wherever he plays , can basically play all over the ground , not interested in stats always jumping to the bottom of a pack or trying to dish it out. But a great high mark and has skills up with most of them.

Privately they know he's capable of a lot more and I was so pleased to see Fages acknowledge it in his presser last week.

Gunners has earnt his chance next week and on the MCG this will be a big test.

But I'd always have Cal in the 23.

We don't have another player like Cal. Totally team focused , applies defensive pressure wherever he plays , can basically play all over the ground , not interested in stats always jumping to the bottom of a pack or trying to dish it out. But a great high mark and has skills up with most of them.

Privately they know he's capable of a lot more and I was so pleased to see Fages acknowledge it in his presser last week.

It was interesting in his presser Fages was wrapping Gunston and the other fill ins up... understandably but when pressed on team selection he did not commit to selecting them next week he said something like > we will select the side that best suits us on that oval.:think:

Yes that concussion was terrible for Cal because by all accounts he would have stayed in the side this week and we would have seen Gunston return in the VFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Might need 2 rucks against Gawn and Grundy. Not sure who Fort would replace though
Marshall beat them both tonight with limited relief. Gawn has dropped off a bit with age and Grundy is trash.

I wouldn’t go any taller

Marshall beat them both tonight with limited relief. Gawn has dropped off a bit with age and Grundy is trash.

I wouldn’t go any taller
So when Joe is in the ruck we only have Hipwood against May and Lever. So we not only lose in the ruck but get beaten in the air if we get it inside 50. Exactly what happened to StKilda when King went off and they lost. I don’t like our chances but will see what the selection committee does

So when Joe is in the ruck we only have Hipwood against May and Lever. So we not only lose in the ruck but get beaten in the air if we get it inside 50. Exactly what happened to StKilda when King went off and they lost. I don’t like our chances but will see what the selection committee does

There's also a guy that kicked 6 goals today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back