Prediction Changes Dogs V Bombers Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I would love to roll into this game full strength (minus Keath) and absolutely murder these pricks again ala 2019, we've got bigger fish to fry.

Please no to Treloar coming back, and rest anyone that has even the slightest niggle.

Like a lot of others I been calling for Schache to be tried back for 2 years. His first 2 tests have been promising my only concern is his bodywork against a strong player.
Understand the concern with Schache's body work he is never going to be the wrestling type defender. He is going to have to be smart and minimize the number of times he gets caught in that situation.
As always that will be dependant on how our midfield group is performing. His intercept work sets a good base to springboard back on the offensive

Hooker would destroy Schache.

Would be interested to see how Schache matches with Peter Wright.
Our key defenders capacity to defend someone one on one is a non-argument. We cop the fewest 1 on 1s in the league by design. We are happy for our defenders to lose the handful of one on ones they face each week because the other 30 entries banged out of the middle to no one will be to a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 in the dogs favor.

Dunkley had a shoulder though so could constantly run. Treloar had foot issues so I can see that a run in the 2s could be beneficial.

I’d rather just rest him the extra week and let him run laps. No need to get him in ASAP and the VFL just risks him with bugger all gain.

Dude, we've been top 4 for efficiency inside 50 the entire year. We're .going to end up with 5 players kick 20+ goals this season, but yeah, it's going to be so hard to kick a score when you have Josh Schache line up on Cale Hooker and Zaine Cordy on Peter Wright..
Won't get it near your forward half like every other dogs v essendope game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, we've been top 4 for efficiency inside 50 the entire year. We're .going to end up with 5 players kick 20+ goals this season, but yeah, it's going to be so hard to kick a score when you have Josh Schache line up on Cale Hooker and Zaine Cordy on Peter Wright..

You have been pretty good inside 50 but not top 5 and still concede shots heavily...

Essendon is ranked 7th for inside 50 efficiency in 2021 while the Dogs are ranked 1st.

1For.png

As for conceding inside 50 efficiency, Essendon gives up the 8th most shots per inside 50, while the Dogs give up the 13th most shots per inside 50.

1Against.png

Personally I think it will this week will be high scoring similar to your Swans match.

You have been pretty good inside 50 but not top 5 and still concede shots heavily...

Essendon is ranked 7th for inside 50 efficiency in 2021 while the Dogs are ranked 1st.

View attachment 1194579

As for conceding inside 50 efficiency, Essendon gives up the 8th most shots per inside 50, while the Dogs give up the 13th most shots per inside 50.

View attachment 1194580

Personally I think it will this week will be high scoring similar to your Swans match.
Shots per inside fifty is a poor metric for efficiency. If you kick a behind, are you being efficient? No. Goals per inside 50 is a much better measure, of which we're 4th. At the other end, we're 16th.

Yes, I agree that you should score heavily against us as you're currently the best in terms of the above metric

Shots per inside fifty is a poor metric for efficiency. If you kick a behind, are you being efficient? No. Goals per inside 50 is a much better measure, of which we're 4th. At the other end, we're 16th.

Yes, I agree that you should score heavily against us as you're currently the best in terms of the above metric
And your midfield is shyte

Goals per inside 50 relies too heavily on accuracy, while shots per inside 50 (which includes shots that don't score and doesn't include rushed behinds) shows you just how well your forward set-up is performing.

You've been very accurate in front of goal ranked 4th overall at 50% and you've been especially good from set shots and snaps ranking 2nd and 1st respectively.

Goals per inside 50 relies too heavily on accuracy, while shots per inside 50 (which includes shots that don't score and doesn't include rushed behinds) shows you just how well your forward set-up is performing.

You've been very accurate in front of goal ranked 4th overall at 50% and you've been especially good from set shots and snaps ranking 2nd and 1st respectively.
That's why it's a better metric for me. This is the only sport that uses shots as the efficiency metric. Basketball uses percentage of shots that score, soccer uses shots on target, same with both forms of hockey.

It boils down to this, would you consider a team getting 10.12 and 4 not scoring from 52 inside 50's more or less efficient that a team scoring 13.6 with 3 not scoring from the same amount more efficient?

That's why it's a better metric for me. This is the only sport that uses shots as the efficiency metric. Basketball uses percentage of shots that score, soccer uses shots on target, same with both forms of hockey.

It boils down to this, would you consider a team getting 10.12 and 4 not scoring from 52 inside 50's more or less efficient that a team scoring 13.6 with 3 not scoring from the same amount more efficient?

I would consider the former a worse result for the defensive team statistically, that's for sure.

I would consider the former a worse result for the defensive team statistically, that's for sure.
I'd consider it worse for the attacking team, honestly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back