Prediction Changes Dogs V Bombers Round 21

What has been Zaine’s greatest moment ? I vote for this one below, however, knocking out Ward would be a close second. He contributed in a big way to our flag as a CHF.

Zaine was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME when he kicked that. I went to a meet the players day and he was the only one I spoke to - I said what a great goal it was and he said he didn't remember it! :p

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That tackle set the tone - loved it
That part of his game I feel has been lost a bit. Granted you aren't going to get many opportunities to lay those types of tackles as a KPD but I feel that he needs to play with that edge to reach his maximum output.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's a big week at the selection table for the Bulldogs as they weigh bringing Adam Treloar back for vital matches in the run into the finals. The midfield recruit is expected to be available after his long injury layoff. Taylor Duryea was managed last week but should be right to go against Essendon, while the club also expects Ed Richards (concussion) to be available.

R20 medical sub: Patrick Lipinski (unused)

Verdict: Treloar, Duryea in for Roarke Smith, Jason Johannisen. - Callum Twomey

Just no clue, JJ isn't going anywhere nor should he based on form.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Re: Caldwell, he could be a good player but he could also be a bust, that's the problem of pinning your hopes on unproven talent. Meanwhile Dylan Shiel is still contracted through to 2024, woof! Once they re-up Andrew McGrath on big money they'll have $3.5m a year (and that's me being conservative with the salary) tied up in Merret/Parish/Shiel/McGrath/Caldwell.

doggy_dog

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's a big week at the selection table for the Bulldogs as they weigh bringing Adam Treloar back for vital matches in the run into the finals. The midfield recruit is expected to be available after his long injury layoff. Taylor Duryea was managed last week but should be right to go against Essendon, while the club also expects Ed Richards (concussion) to be available.

I reckon he thinks JJ still plays half back. Last week he forgot Dunkley in our inclusions

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

JJ’s been outstanding up fwd. I was in no doubt he’d struggle in a small pressure fwd type role. I was terribly wrong.

It’s taken a little while, but he’s absolutely nailing it.

It’s funny, a position on the ground we’ve been lacking badly the last few years now all of a sudden has an abundance of players fighting for a spot. JJ, Weightman, McNeil, VDM etc. Cavarra was our only hope 12 mths ago, now he’s 5th plus in line.

0utsider

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone else in favour of giving Treloar another week or even half a game in the VFL? Why rush him back when the difference between finishing first or second is so minimal? We should have this one covered without him anyway but ultimately I couldn’t give a s**t about winning the minor premiership. Means SFA.

Goes for a couple other guys too. Duryea and VDM should be taking their time.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone else in favour of giving Treloar another week or even half a game in the VFL? Why rush him back when the difference between finishing first or second is so minimal? We should have this one covered without him anyway but ultimately I couldn’t give a sh*t about winning the minor premiership. Means SFA.

It will take him a while to get up to speed. We need him firing for finals as he’s a point of difference for us so he needs games ASAP.

Anyone else in favour of giving Treloar another week or even half a game in the VFL? Why rush him back when the difference between finishing first or second is so minimal? We should have this one covered without him anyway but ultimately I couldn’t give a sh*t about winning the minor premiership. Means SFA.

Managed minutes in the VFL this week and bring him in next week, again managing minutes a bit if we are able to against the Hawks

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are the Dogs even playing a VFL game this week? According the Footy Live app and AFL website, they're not listed on the fixture.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It will take him a while to get up to speed. We need him firing for finals as he’s a point of difference for us so he needs games ASAP.
Treloar can be on managed minutes in the seniors, needs to find touch at the level. Playing footy at any level is a risk, need to be brave to get the whole team primed for finals

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are the Dogs even playing a VFL game this week? According the Footy Live app and AFL website, they're not listed on the fixture.
Bye according to the VFL app, *ing crazy considering we’ve played 10 games in 17 rounds. But tbf theres 6 teams with byes, now if only the maths worked out to get everyone a game…

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Treloar can be on managed minutes in the seniors, needs to find touch at the level. Playing footy at any level is a risk, need to be brave to get the whole team primed for finals
Yeah honestly I’m usually more worried about playing returning players on the dung heaps that a lot of VFL games get played on. If you’re fit you’re fit really, would only be if you wanted to manage minutes but a guy like Treloar is an athletic beast, if he’s not injured he’s probably good to go.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah honestly I’m usually more worried about playing returning players on the dung heaps that a lot of VFL games get played on. If you’re fit you’re fit really, would only be if you wanted to manage minutes but a guy like Treloar is an athletic beast, if he’s not injured he’s probably good to go.

I imagine we'll play a scratch match against Essendon earlier on Sunday.

Most VFL grounds have been refurbished over the last 10 years to AFL standard with only North Port Oval, Victoria Park and Windy Hill off the top of my head that have not been improved.

Last edited:

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bye according to the VFL app, f*n crazy considering we’ve played 10 games in 17 rounds. But tbf theres 6 teams with byes, now if only the maths worked out to get everyone a game…

It's insane but who knows what the * is going to happen, given there are stand alone sides based in QLD that are little chance of getting into Victoria to play.

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Honestly doubt we're gonna be doing big money trades this year. As much as I'd love to get Dunkley I think Lipinski or Lewis Young are better options for us, especially Young.

Anyway, that's a discussion for another thread. This is a good test for us against the best team in it right now. We're lacking in midfield depth so I see us struggling in that regard but I also think we have the forward line to test your defence if we can get it down there enough, whilst yours will feast on ours if Laverde and Heppell miss through injury.
Honestly don’t think Laverne and Heppel would make any difference. If our midfield get on top it goodnight.

Back