Prediction Changes Dogs V Bombers Round 21

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would make sense as Butters is a Western Jets local boy. I definitely remember talk about us wanting Caldwell though.

I believe that was the media narrative. From what I heard the Caldwell interest was a bit of a decoy as both Adelaide and GWS were very into him. We were looking to trade back with Adelaide and GWS for two first round picks so we were trying to make out we were deciding between he and Smith. GWS was the most keen to do the deal, but they didn't want to part with 11 & 14. They only wanted to do 11 & 22 which we declined. The recruiting team thought Smith might get through to 9 or 11 because he said wanted to stay in Victoria, but couldn't be sure. So we just stuck with pick 7 because we couldn't get the deal we wanted.

We always very much wanted Smith, but Butters was supposed to be the backup option.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought Butters was the one we wanted.
Don't recall that. The narrative at the time was that 4 were heavily in the frame for us that year; Ben King, Rozee, Baz and Caldwell. King and Rozee were gone by our pick, we took Baz (good result, but the other 2 are also guns) and Caldwell was the left over ( that's my recollection at least).

Don't recall that. The narrative at the time was that 4 were heavily in the frame for us that year; Ben King, Rozee, Baz and Caldwell. King and Rozee were gone by our pick, we took Baz (good result, but the other 2 are also guns) and Caldwell was the left over ( that's my recollection at least).
Mine too. Rozee, B King, Smith and Caldwell in order.
We were also keen on Xavier O'Halloran hence the trade options (if we managed a second pick before West we would have taken him)

aaron

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
Coburg, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After watching the VFL Game last night, I think Rylee West would have cause to be a bit bitter if Treloar comes in with no game day fitness but he does not. He was the difference on the weekend coming from far back into a winning position. Sad to say Wally was less influential.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After watching the VFL Game last night, I think Rylee West would have cause to be a bit bitter if Treloar comes in with no game day fitness but he does not. He was the difference on the weekend coming from far back into a winning position. Sad to say Wally was less influential.
Not for a player of Treloar's quality who is a no brainer in our best 22. With time running out before finals and no VFL game this week you need to get games into Adam.

Marbyriver

Debutant
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
with no VFL game Adz will need to play managed minutes in seniors. Need to get a few games into him. As mention above he is point of difference and is one of our most important players if we are to challenge for the flag

Easily my favourite night at the footy. I know we ended their unbeaten run in 01 but for the rest of my childhood they dominated us/every other kid at school went for the bombers, thoroughly enjoyed the 21 straight.
It was 2000 not 2001.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone feeling remotely nervous about Sunday should have a read of the Bummers board game preview.

FMD that lot are just hoping they stick within 10 goals of us. We're obviously favourites but their resignation of a comprehensive thrashing is quite startling.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone feeling remotely nervous about Sunday should have a read of the Bummers board game preview.

FMD that lot are just hoping they stick within 10 goals of us. We're obviously favourites but their resignation of a comprehensive thrashing is quite startling.
They’re a different proposition at the moment. We should win but I’m not expecting a walkover thrashing.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Us to them is basically Geelong to us. They just don't beat us and with us cruising towards a top two finish and then losing a few key players to injury to a side barely in contention for the top 8, I can kinda understand their hesitancy tbh. 2019 would also be fresh in their minds. I don't expect us to win by 10 goals though. Another 4-5 goal win absolutely guarantees we will have the best percentage in the league at the end of the season, so that is all I want, along with a clean bill of health again.

Apr 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Us to them is basically Geelong to us. They just don't beat us and with us cruising towards a top two finish and then losing a few key players to injury to a side barely in contention for the top 8, I can kinda understand their hesitancy tbh. 2019 would also be fresh in their minds. I don't expect us to win by 10 goals though. Another 4-5 goal win absolutely guarantees we will have the best percentage in the league at the end of the season, so that is all I want, along with a clean bill of health again.
Lets make it 120 points. They can absolutely be opened up with their gamestyle current injuries

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania

At least we have beaten Geelong a couple of times under Bevo. He's still undefeated against the Bombers.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
May as well bring Treloar in this week, if he's fit enough. Ease him in at half forward/wing against a side with a super shallow midfield. Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunks and Smith aren't going to need any help. Gets two games under his belt before the Port clash.

Out: Smith, Scott (really tough omission)
In: Treloar, Duryea

If Treloar isn't good to go, then only Smith out for Duryea, with Scott to move form half back into Smith's role at half forward (gold Bev versatility sticker for Scott).

Apr 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Imagine if at some point during the game Dunkley turns the ball over in D50 which sets up a Stringer goal then rips off his guernsey to reveal a Bombers guernsey underneath. That would have to be right up there for shock AFL betrayals. Imagine if his friendship with Treloar was all just an act.
They'd need to play the Essington theme song as he does it. What a heel turn

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine if at some point during the game Dunkley turns the ball over in D50 which sets up a Stringer goal then rips off his guernsey to reveal a Bombers guernsey underneath. That would have to be right up there for shock AFL betrayals. Imagine if his friendship with Treloar was all just an act.

Then Dodoro storms onto the field...

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Definitely up there, would still hate Griffen and Ward more though, campaigners

Back