Prediction Changes Dogs V Bombers Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The first change is not sure it will be Friday Night if the bombers have already had a 5 day break.

Ins
Richards Duryea

Outs
Roarke Smith, Hannan

Treloar 50% game time VFL

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Coming from someone who though Rourke didn't deserve his spot this week, he was pretty good today. Even Hannan was involved in that second half.

A lot of the 18-22 players played decently. Rourke, Hannan, Garcia, Scott all were involved.

Tough calls to be made this week. Duryea will obviously come straight back in and Richards looked the goods against the dees.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought Roarke Smith had his best game in a long time. He clearly does what Bevo wants off the ball but he was actually really good when he had it this week. Scott too…he’s an AFL player, no doubt.

Some great dilemmas to have for Bevo and the MC. Makes a change from having 3 or 4 players you want out of the team.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought Roarke Smith had his best game in a long time. He clearly does what Bevo wants off the ball but he was actually really good when he had it this week. Scott too…he’s an AFL player, no doubt.

Some great dilemmas to have for Bevo and the MC. Makes a change from having 3 or 4 players you want out of the team.
I was adamantly against us drafting Scott, but I've been pleasantly surprised by his output at times this year. Good role player

I can’t see them changing the games they have already set, today’s interruption was completely unexpected and the AFLPA would recognise that. The majority of players would just want to play

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's nice to have the team playing so well, but boy does it make it hard to make changes.

I would say that Bont and/or Macrae would be due for rests, but maybe against the Hawks rather than the Bombers?

Duryea probably the only definite in, with Scott or Roarke as medi-subs.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Although R Smith, A Scott and Hannan played well and bevo and the M/C know better,
id rather Treloar, Vandemeer, and Duryea in the side by finals time.
Keath, Duryea, Richards, Treloar.
instead of
Cordy, Scott, R Smith and Hannan.

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Even though Scott, Roarke and Hannam all played better games it was against a bottom 2 team and in important finals you are only as good as your bottom 4.

Richards, Treloar, Duryea are all best 22. Ed and Doc back next week with Adz on reduced minutes in the vfl coming back against Hawks.

i am worried Bevo feels the need to alway mention Scott, Roarke and Hannan in press conferences.

anyway Ed and Doc in for Roarke and Scott. We are a better team with both Doc and Ed and Ed was brilliant against dees before injury while Scott and a Roarke were very poor. Hannah play ruck again with Tim in the backline for another week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rest Bont. I haven’t seen yesterday’s game yet but sounds like he needs a sleep in. Man has done some heavy lifting this year
Think Bont had a light workload yesterday, spent it mostly up forward. Would suggest he was on managed minutes during the game. Not going to risk not having him there if things aren't going ok but limiting his in game output leading into finals

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some tough calls coming up in the next 2 weeks.

For mine the only ones currently out who just have to come back in are Treloar, Keath and Duryea, although strong cases can also be made for Richards, Vandermeer and Martin.

Not sure how 6 blokes get dropped from that team (over the next few weeks). Awesome problem to have.

I wouldn't be resting anyone other than those genuinely proppy. We are 3 games from a break and then may well get another 2 weeks later

Maybe we can medisub someone rather than seeing a fringe player like Lipinski miss a Footscray game and a chance to further press his claim.

Anyway my guess for next week;

In: Duryea, Richards
Out; Naughton (Soreness/Managed), Scott (Medi Sub)

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Even though Scott, Roarke and Hannam all played better games it was against a bottom 2 team and in important finals you are only as good as your bottom 4.

Richards, Treloar, Duryea are all best 22. Ed and Doc back next week with Adz on reduced minutes in the vfl coming back against Hawks.

i am worried Bevo feels the need to alway mention Scott, Roarke and Hannan in press conferences.

anyway Ed and Doc in for Roarke and Scott. We are a better team with both Doc and Ed and Ed was brilliant against dees before injury while Scott and a Roarke were very poor. Hannah play ruck again with Tim in the backline for another week.
Beveridge is mentioning the names of Scott, Smith and Hannan in press conferences because he is trying to build them up. How praising someone when they deserve it can be interpreted as a worrying sign is beyond me.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I saw growth in Roarke's game yesterday too. I thought he looked a lot more composed with ball in hand and looked to be constructive rather than be panicky and rush/bomb it. Probably still not quite best 22 for mine but definitely making a case, a useful and versatile depth option.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ins
Duryea

Outs
Hannan

Hannan was fairly decent but I don't see the need for a medium forward. Especially in time when Treloar comes back in, Bont and Dunks will spend more time forward. So that mid sized forward role can be filled.

Treloar and Richards can play some 2s time. Heaven help whomever we play in the VFL this week.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
What's on the melt menu this week boys?

Roarke having a decent game has me struggling for options.

Hannan fallback is there but it's been done.

I feel we could really work the angle of being worried about the backline at this point. False confidence in schache and Gardner could cost us a final.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rest Bont. I haven’t seen yesterday’s game yet but sounds like he needs a sleep in. Man has done some heavy lifting this year
I think the case could be made for him to be managed for the Hawks game and flight to Tassie et al. Game next week, break, Port, break, final. I think you're right, he's carried a big load this year with injuries to others and a freshen up wouldn't be the worst thing. Hard to know how much Brownlow and CA votes might sway the thinking but fresh, fit and firing for finals Bont vs Brownlow and CA medal winning Bont. Finals Bont if we can't have both and he could still win 3 others/awards anyway. Premiership, Norm and Player of Finals. The last 3 trump the first 2.

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Beveridge is mentioning the names of Scott, Smith and Hannan in press conferences because he is trying to build them up. How praising someone when they deserve it can be interpreted as a worrying sign is beyond me.
I understand but he always mentions the battlers and leaves out the majority of the team. Should Scott be mentioned instead of any other player. Reporters do not mention these players but he always goes out of his way to talk about Scott, Gardner And Roarke even when he is not playing and neglects to mention others.
Even last week he mention them And Scott and raoarke were terrible.

let’s wait to see who is selected for the finals. As long as Richards, Treloar, Duryea Replace them all is fine but if Scott or Roarke gets a game I would be worried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back