Preview Changes Dogs V Lions at Mars 10.4.21 - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok when you win by.100 plus points it is hard to argue against any player in the current 22.

In saying that, and yes some may question logic, but may be it is time for Cavarra to replace mc Neill. Not upset with whatever match committee chooses

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

JJ had his moments but his kicking was sloppy and didn't get anywhere near enough of it. So pretty typical of him over the last 2 years
I thought this also! It’s a shame as I was hoping he was going to have a blinder and really put on a good show but he looked lost at times throughout the game.

I thought this also! It’s a shame as I was hoping he was going to have a blinder and really put on a good show but he looked lost at times throughout the game.

First game in off no real prep games. He was ok and deserves a couple to get into it like others have had and still do zero

First game in off no real prep games. He was ok and deserves a couple to get into it like others have had and still do zero
I hope he gets a few game to show his stuff. I was just hoping he was going to turn it on tonight that’s all. A confident JJ and playing to his best abilities will go along way to help us get to top 4 this year.

I feel that JJ and Richards should absolutely thrive within the new rules, but with Richards injured and JJ so down on form, it feels we're missing out on hitting that next gear against the top sides.

Of course, can't complain about a 3-0 start!

Not sure why the calls for McNeil n Scott to be dropped again. They are there to provide some pace and pressure in the side and Vandameer was worse than both of them tonight. If both are dropped the dogs wont have the run against lions to win.

I think Young needs to come if he has been good. I don't know about the calls for Khamis because I thought he has to be elevated to be selected.

Hey mods, any chance of merging the two R4 Change threads this week?

Thanks

But it's so indicative of this board to run parallel discussions! I say let them run their course and see at what polar opposites they end up at by next Saturday.

I feel that JJ and Richards should absolutely thrive within the new rules, but with Richards injured and JJ so down on form, it feels we're missing out on hitting that next gear against the top sides.

Of course, can't complain about a 3-0 start!
Spewing that Richards got injured the poor bugga, I was hoping to have him and Williams on the back flanks this year. I get trying guys in different positions sometimes but Richards best position is in the backline not on the wing or forward.

I wonder how they plan to use Martin this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they play him as much as possible, hes still in great shape. But at his age, I didn't expect him to play too many games this season (probably no more than 17) to make sure he is in tip top shape when it gets to the pointy end of the season. Was always going to be needed against Grundy, NicNat and Goldstein, they might look to give him a week off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunter was very average for the second straight week. Probably stays in though.

Gardner and Scott out.

Young and Lipinski in.

Jong the sub. Would also like Cavarra in for McNeil but it won't happen..

Weather not looking the best for Ballarat next weekend. Surprise surprise.

How was Cordy today? He or Lewy Young have a massive opportunity to cement CHB as their own.

I'd take McNeil out and have Cavarra in.

I'd keep Scott in... Just... More out of hope he can add to our forward line. Give him one more week as a pure forward to see what he can do.
Scott can’t finish, neither can McNeil. They’ve both had a good taste, let them work on their goalkicking in the twos. I know we won’t drop both, but I feel we’ve been carrying them a bit last three weeks. 2 changes for mine. Scott or McNeil for Cavarra, Young/Cordy for Gardner

I wonder how they plan to use Martin this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they play him as much as possible, hes still in great shape. But at his age, I didn't expect him to play too many games this season (probably no more than 17) to make sure he is in tip top shape when it gets to the pointy end of the season. Was always going to be needed against Grundy, NicNat and Goldstein, they might look to give him a week off.
This is a fantastic take. Mcinerney isn’t the threat of the previous few weeks and may miss anyway through injury. Rain forecast too.

However this is a big game and you don’t want to mess with the winning structure. We play the suns the week after who just lost their last fit actual ruck so that might be the week Martin gets a rest.

He won’t miss two in a row, I’d say he plays this week in the big game / wet and gets a rest the following week v the suns.

I’m still so scarred by Youngs kicking in the home game v GWS in 2017...
No doubt his kicking is one area Gardner has Young covered.

I’ve never been a massive Cordy fan, so I’m happy to see Young given a go. We will see if he’s made any improvement, with Cordy the fall back option.

the key is to get Crozier back ASAP so he can impact in the air.

Khamis and Cavarra in for Gardener and Scott. Jong as the medical sub.

Didn’t rate JJ’s game and thought Lipinski was meh too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back