Preview Changes Dogs V Lions at Mars 10.4.21 - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah this isn't a bad decision. 15 degrees, windy and 1-5mm tomorrow. They'll be banking on the talls not having a big day out which I think is probably the right play.

Back our smaller defenders to body spoil hipwood and daniher in the greasy conditions and use our ground ball skills to clear it out cleanly.

On first look it seems crazy, but I reckon we've made the right call here.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe Naughton goes back this week at least if Lions get a run on. Enghlish, Bruce and Naughton forward is tall in the wet, even though Naughton is good on the deck too. I’m a Naughton forward guy but wouldn’t mind him at CHB this week.

Nah this isn't a bad decision. 15 degrees, windy and 1-5mm tomorrow. They'll be banking on the talls not having a big day out which I think is probably the right play.

Back our smaller defenders to body spoil hipwood and daniher in the greasy conditions and use our ground ball skills to clear it out cleanly.

On first look it seems crazy, but I reckon we've made the right call here.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our forwards will have the same problem. We don’t have small forwards to make the most of the conditions.

I think we can get away with one KPD this week but how does Scott keep getting a game? Surely to keep competition for spots up it’s time to give Cavarra, West or Jong a go. 3 weeks of subpar performances don’t cut it when you’re at the pointy end of the ladder.

He’s a mature age Footscray VFL battler who we got outside of the main draft. A true Bevo choice. He’s not going anywhere.

Against a team that our VFL team would’ve beaten comfortably
Yes, but the point still stands.

Bevo did say in his presser that they would leave it as late as possible to name the team. I guess they will wait until they see the conditions and whether the Lions make any late changes to make a call on Young or Cordy in.

I really can’t believe we are going in with only one key position defender against the Lions who have two big key forwards. Regardless of the weather we needed at least one more. I mean what if Keath gets injured? Then what do they do? Whoever thinks this is a good strategy is an absolute moron. Sorry but this is that stupid.
Let's just see how it plays out before calling people morons eh, you wouldn't want to have egg on your face Saturday evening.

We can swing English back to plug the hole, we can also move Naughton back if required. It's not like we don't have options. Fair chance Young is a late in anyway, but if not I think it will suit the conditions well.

If Wood can channel his inner Dale Morris of playing undersized defender, it could work well. Especially against a soft as butter tall like Hipwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh gosh. I wouldn't think they would do it but I was considering them going in and have Naughton play as a swing man or even English. They should by now know how to play on Ballarat.

Last edited:
I really can’t believe we are going in with only one key position defender against the Lions who have two big key forwards. Regardless of the weather we needed at least one more. I mean what if Keath gets injured? Then what do they do? Whoever thinks this is a good strategy is an absolute moron. Sorry but this is that stupid.

I think we should have gone in with four rucks. What if English and Martin are both injured in the first quarter? Stupid only having two imo.

Only a 10% change of rain between 1pm and 4pm in Ballarat. Most of the rain tomorrow will be early or in the late evening. Winds will be 20-30kmh towards the northern end.

I would have honestly rested Martin this week. I think we're too tall with English, Bruce and Naughts up forward in shocking conditions. I'd play English as the sole ruck with Naughton and Bruce pinch hitting. I think our back line looks fine.

Only a 10% change of rain between 1pm and 4pm in Ballarat. Most of the rain tomorrow will be early or in the late evening. Winds will be 20-30kmh towards the northern end.

Did the fisherman that gave Terry Wheeler the famous weather report give the same weather report :)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BOM MetEye has 50% chance of no rain during 1pm to 4pm tomorrow...

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 7.22.49 pm.png

If you put it down to 10% chance of rain the amount forecasted is only 0.2mm to 0.5mm.

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 7.23.20 pm.png
Of course these are just forecasts but it's not like it's going to be pouring the whole day like it was against Port in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back