Preview Changes Dogs V Lions at Mars 10.4.21 - Rd 4, 2021

So it’s raining there now, and will for the game? Forecasts saying it will clear and just be cloudy
Forecast from BoM just now:
Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely late this afternoon and evening. Gusty winds and possible hail later tonight. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h.

So the rain will return but only late afternoon with any luck. However expect the ground to be damp and the ball greasy with a solid breeze blowing.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
We're west of Ballarat, had light drizzle for the past half hour. And sky to the west is nothing but solid low-lying thick rain clouds.

Rumour on the ground is 3 late changes.
Out: Martin, English, Keith
In: West, Cavarra, Jong

Naughton to play one end all day, Bruce deep forward, and the other 20 to rotate through the ruck.

Seems a sound strategy.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Forecast from my front lawn in Ballarat is showers here and there but quite light. Ominous dark clouds to the south though.

Dark clouds out west too, and since my last post, rain has gotten heavier. Can barely see large gums 100m from our back door now. Lovely day for footy! At least I don't have to stand in exposed areas like we do with local footy, but not sure row D close to Eastern goals at Mars will keep us dry. 😄😬🔴⚪🔵🌧☔

Any suggestions for Bulldogs friendly pubs around Marvel Stadium to watch the game?

Didn’t get Ballarat tickets as it was sold out when still deciding to go, but got given some spare tickets to watch the Aints get smashed

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Any suggestions for Bulldogs friendly pubs around Marvel Stadium to watch the game?

Didn’t get Ballarat tickets as it was sold out when still deciding to go, but got given some spare tickets to watch the Aints get smashed

Closed roof and Weagles tall timber - smashing sounds likely.

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
ok let’s put you in charge then cause you know best

do you know how much you add to this forum ..... Zero !!

deadset just read your replies. You are a waste of time in here you really are!

a forum is a place for opinions
you don’t have any but everything is fine and dandy and people cannot have any other opinion

Taking pleasure hitting the mute button on you

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

you don’t have any but everything is fine and dandy and people cannot have any other opinion

He just has to put in his 0.25c in every single thing written doesn’t he, and fill up a whole page while doing it

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Forecast from BoM just now:
Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely late this afternoon and evening. Gusty winds and possible hail later tonight. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h.

So the rain will return but only late afternoon with any luck. However expect the ground to be damp and the ball greasy with a solid breeze blowing.
I'm no meteorologist, but I suspect the high wind means it shouldn't be too greasy. The ground has great drainage, I don't think it'll be too bad tbh.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are there any decent pubs to watch the game around Footscray?

I go to most games so I’m not often in this situation...but whenever I am we always struggle to find somewhere decent that has a few Doggies fans in there. We used to go to Mona Castle which is now sadly not an option. I say ‘sadly’ but they did try to close on us at halftime last year.

Anyone tried Chips Loft? Maybe a bit twatty.

Or on the other end of the spectrum, The Braybrook Hotel?
The Railway Yarraville.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
You just worry about dads army and if they are still able to get their vaccine shots being just under 50
When I was a kid I was overly invested in the fortune's of Geelong (which growing up in the late 80's to mid 90's did not bode well), but now I really just enjoy watching the game, especially teams (like the Bulldogs) who play an exciting brand. I still have a slight emotional attachment to the Cats, but not enough to worry about their immunisation records 😅

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

LOL keep trying

i know it’s really upsetting you we are undefeated you are running out of crap to be upset about

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
LOL keep trying

i know it’s really upsetting you we are undefeated you are running out of crap to be upset about

Running out ?
Hell no - McNeal another 10 touches and just the 1 tackle. This time playing on a wing for more than a half a game.
And lets not forget his stunning turnover in the last where he missed one of two open targets by 20metres and gave the Lions a sniff in the last quarter.

What happens to Lipinski and Wallis when they produce the same output.
What happened to JJ when he makes a simialr turn over.

He, and to a lesser extent scott, are being carried in this side - Which would be better without them and with others are are waiting in the wings.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Running out ?
Hell no - McNeal another 10 touches and just the 1 tackle. This time playing on a wing for more than a half a game.
And lets not forget his stunning turnover in the last where he missed one of two open targets by 20metres and gave the Lions a sniff in the last quarter.

What happens to Lipinski and Wallis when they produce the same output.
What happened to JJ when he makes a simialr turn over.

He, and to a lesser extent scott, are being carried in this side - Which would be better without them and with others are are waiting in the wings.
Keep yelling at that cloud

Back