Prediction Changes Dogs V North 18/6/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Where to you start with the outs would consider Bruce, Arty, West, JOD, Dureya, Keath

Maybe Outs JOD, Arty, Bruce
Ins Buku, Cleary, Baker Sub Arty

angry role playing GIF by Hyper RPG

Out - O’Donnell, Bruce if we don’t want to play him forward, especially against his bunnies, AJones (sub)

In - Baker, Gardner

Arty probably needs a rest but there’s no point to do it 1 week before a bye, but give him a chance as the sub to come on against tiring bodies and try to regain some confidence.

Bruce was shocking and is not a defender. Gardner has a shocker last week but it still wasn’t as bad as Bruce last night, as long as he’s half decent in the VFL he needs to come back in. LJones, Keath & Gardner need to be out 3 defensive talls, injuries permitting.

Honestly, I'd probably go:

Out: Lobb, A Jones, O'Donnell, Bruce

In: Sweet, Baker, Cleary, Busslinger

Honestly, I'd probably go:

Out: Lobb, A Jones, O'Donnell, Bruce

In: Sweet, Baker, Cleary, Busslinger
I don’t really want Sweet in I’d prefer to completely revamp the way we play, but honestly if we want to keep this fwd half territory style and rely on midfield dominance to keep supplying the fwd line and restrict supply to opposition, we’d probably be better with Sweet taking the ruck and English just sweeping behind the ball.

I’d prefer to play a more balanced style which doesn’t rely on midfield dominance and plays more to Timmy’s strengths in the ruck. But that’s not how we play

Not what will happen but I'd like to redo the structure
FB. Cleary Keath Jones
HB. Dale naughton Daniel
C. Poulter Libba Williams
HF Macrea Jamarra English
FF Scott Bruce Weightman
R. Sweet Bont Treloar
INT. VDM West B.Smith Doc
SUB Baker

Out: O'Donnell, A.Jones. call them both a rest if you like. Lobb
In: Cleary, Poulter, sweet (allows English to rest forward and float into defence when the opposition inevitably get a run on).
2 mediums and a tall for 2 talls and a small. Loaded the bench full of mungrel.
I was very happy with bakers performance as sub, he was our only sub all year to come on and have an impact as far as I can recall.

I’m at a loss here. It’s North and it’s a bye the following week. The only thing we can possibly learn from this game is that we are worse than we thought (if we lose or come close). A win doesn’t tell us much.

I don’t know that making huge changes is going to be all that helpful. Lobb for Sweet would be a really odd call and I can’t see that even being on the table.

Bruce deserves to be dropped but the only way he improves is by playing footy. If we chop him now I think we cut our losses and he should go forward either in the firsts or in the VFL.

I’m at a loss here. It’s North and it’s a bye the following week. The only thing we can possibly learn from this game is that we are worse than we thought (if we lose or come close). A win doesn’t tell us much.

I don’t know that making huge changes is going to be all that helpful. Lobb for Sweet would be a really odd call and I can’t see that even being on the table.

Bruce deserves to be dropped but the only way he improves is by playing footy. If we chop him now I think we cut our losses and he should go forward either in the firsts or in the VFL.
I'd only have sweet play a week or two until Darcy is healthy. Sick of seeing the 200+cm lobb getting out marked by 180cm teenagers.
One of darcy/English in the ruck the other forward or floating in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannan’s terrific form probably due to the great job I did fixing his roller door this week.

I think it’s fair to say I’m currently more valuable to the club than Spangher.
Why did it need fixing? Did he damage the track kicking the ball into it when he goes into AFL mode?

You’ve gotta be kidding me, Bev would be rock hard rn watching VFL.

Please for the love of god no Hannan
Roark has two games under his belt now - cherry ripe!

I did notice that Gardener was still getting caught with the ball going over his head to the player behind goal side.

He is a literal spud. This was against Frankston and we think he’s going to make it in the AFL….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back